Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I actually mean the current uber suspects
We're in stage 3, where we take all of the previous suspects and lump them together. They are:

Shaymin-S
Latias
Latios
Manaphy
Garchomp
Deoxys-S

Deoxys-S was decided uber already by the people up top, so it's everything else. Each of them will be voted on individually.

Overall, is battling on Wi-fi easier or harder than battling on Shoddy? (i.e) Is it "easier" to win on wi-fi or harder? I know there are a lot of factors and everything, but please give your most accurate answer.

Current suspects

We're in stage 3, where we take all of the previous suspects and lump them together. They are:

Shaymin-S
Latias
Latios
Manaphy
Garchomp
Deoxys-S

Deoxys-S was decided uber already by the people up top, so it's everything else. Each of them will be voted on individually.
thanks for the info, any idea when all the suspect testing will end?

When breeding a competitive Blissey, should I get Chansey eggs or Happiny eggs for best stats? I'm guessing Chansey but want to be sure. Thanks.

Hydro Pump orSurf on Rain Dance Gorebyss? Also, leadMamo SR/EQ/Ice Shard/Ice Fang or Stone Edge? While SE is slightly more powerful, it;s significantly less accurate...

I have always been a fan of the Defensive Zapdos set. Recently I decided to upgrade some of my Pokemon, including Zapdos. For the new one I am wondering if taking EVs out of Defensive and giving them to Speed in order to out speed Pokemon with 280 Spd and under is worth it. Will this end up helping or hurting Zapdos more?

What kind of Pokeball do people like for a Zapdos, nothing seems to really fit it so I was just going to go Premier Ball.

Simple question goes here...

What is the 5th Trainer Star (Black) on Platinum?

Serebii says nothing on this matter. Bulbapedia says it's same as Diamond; and some other websites says you have to get all colored plates of the Frontier Brains.

If it is the latter, fuck it, I'm not going to tear my hair out trying to out BS Battle Factory.
Still like an answer on this issue Captain.

What kind of Pokeball do people like for a Zapdos, nothing seems to really fit it so I was just going to go Premier Ball.
I'm not sure what you mean by "fit", but for chances, Ultra Ball multiplies chances by 2, while nothing else comes close except for Dusk Ball at night and Timer Ball. Premier Ball is a horrible choice because not only does it add nothing to the rate, it doesn't really do anything at all except look cooler. I'd go with standard Ultra Balls unless you want to stall and go with the timer.

If you mean which one looks the coolest, go with Luxury Ball. They're cool.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fit", but for chances, Ultra Ball multiplies chances by 2, while nothing else comes close except for Dusk Ball at night and Timer Ball. Premier Ball is a horrible choice because not only does it add nothing to the rate, it doesn't really do anything at all except look cooler. I'd go with standard Ultra Balls unless you want to stall and go with the timer.

If you mean which one looks the coolest, go with Luxury Ball. They're cool.
I always throw the one lone Luxury Ball at the XD Zapdos for kicks, in XD and collos, they always give one free shake in the beginning.

I capped it many times with Premier Balls.

I have a question about different types of teams; Offensive, Mixed and Defensive.

Is it better to have a completely offensive team? A mixed team of both offensive and defensive? or a completely defensive team?

In most games, I prefer to play defensive but also have a good offensive. So the bottom line of what I'm trying to figure out is if I can use a completely defensive team and still manage to win?

I have a question about different types of teams; Offensive, Mixed and Defensive.

Is it better to have a completely offensive team? A mixed team of both offensive and defensive? or a completely defensive team?

In most games, I prefer to play defensive but also have a good offensive. So the bottom line of what I'm trying to figure out is if I can use a completely defensive team and still manage to win?
It's possible. The thing about defensive teams is that it is impossible to cover every single threat in the game with just 6 pokemon. Offensive teams usually have the luxury of having enough strong quick pokemon that don't counter threats, but keep them in check. Defensive teams usually need more bulky and therefore slower pokemon so that you can stall at your opponents. One example of a pokemon that gives stall (defensive play) trouble is Choice Band Tyranitar. On an offensive team an Infernape or something could come in on a predicted Crunch and OHKO with Close Combat. But on stall teams, just about every pokemon is 2HKO'd by Choice Band Tyranitar so if you don't have a good answer to such a pokemon, you'll need to be at the top of your game to win.

Therefore, in order for stall to win you need to take note of pokemon that pose a signifigant threat to your defenses (MixApe, MixMence, CB Tar, MixRachi) etc. and either A) make sure that you are prepared for them or B) just employ your top notch prediction skills against said pokemon.

It is argued that Stall is the most effective team type. @ the above poster I would enjoy seeing CBTar Crunch 2HKO a Skarmory. There are a few pokemon that give Stall trouble, MixMence, MixApe, Adamant DD LO Gyarados all rack up massive damage against Stall teams. Though when SS damage, Spikes, T-Spikes and SR damage build up, these pokemon are given very few opportunities to sweep, especially when one considers LO is going to be stripping another 10% of health each turn.

The main argument against stall is not it's ineffectiveness, rather, it is said that it takes much of the fun and skill out of the game. This of course isn't completely true, it is a preferential issue though most do agree. As for whether you can use Stall and win. If you play it well and can avoid teams with more then 1 of the aforementioned Stall breakers or especially built to take on Stall(usually means teams have no T-Spikes weaknesses and very few Spikes weakness) you should be winning a majority of your matches. You may not have fun doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)