Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do I give Zapdos HP grass? The IV values turn red when I click grass. Then, when I save , it forces me to change Atk IV to 31.

Basically, I try to make it:

Hp 383 90 31
Atk 193 90 30
Def 240 85 31
Spe 269 100 31
SpA 307 125 30
SpD 216 90 31

but it forces me to change the IV of ATk to 31. :( help?

I have already figured out that Metagross is my favorite lead, since he is a great anti-lead and my favorite Pokemon. But my trouble begins when I try to decide if Smogon's EVs and moveset is the best. The set that I commonly use is:

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

I have tried Lum Berry in the place of the Occa Berry, and it has worked a couple times, but I despise being forced to switch out against leads with Fire moves like Azelf and Infernape. These leads, if not dealed with immediately, can put dents in the rest of my team most of the time.
Metagross cannot stand against Hippowdon and Swampert leads, which is why I have tried Grass Knot instead of SR. I have used it to great avail, but it doesn't work past that. So I tried Rock Slide and such, and Stealth Rock seemed to be the best option anyway. All I really need are some tips on what some good leads are, and then maybe an explanation as to how they work.

So far, my most successful leads have been Metagross, Jirachi, Bronzong, Swampert and Aerodactyl. Past that, many of my leads have failed me and gave me a bad start. Any ideas how I can rectify this?

I run a similar strategy, but with a completely different ev spread. In order to be guaranteed a kill against swampert with grass knot, you need to run near max SpA evs and have at least a expert belt. I for gored the bullet punch as I believe the priority wasn't nesseciary, and setting up rocks was much more vital. Most Aerodactyl actually either taunt or sr first, they rarely attack first, and Metagross is only 2hkoed by aero's eq.

The King's Rock page begs to differ. It only works for certain moves, though.
The King's Rock page is wrong and many people here have noticed that. King's Rock will not increase the flinch rate of moves that already have a flinch rate.

Why do people in Seribi disconnect?
Not only DC but, when u ask them for a standard battle they use GARCHOMP and say F smogon.
I hate SERIBI.
:(
It's spelled Serebii. The simple solution is not to go to Serebii and ask for a battle here if you feel that way.

how do I give Zapdos HP grass? The IV values turn red when I click grass. Then, when I save , it forces me to change Atk IV to 31.

Basically, I try to make it:

Hp 383 90 31
Atk 193 90 30
Def 240 85 31
Spe 269 100 31
SpA 307 125 30
SpD 216 90 31

but it forces me to change the IV of ATk to 31. :( help?
Legendary Pokemon can only have certain IVs. I don't know where a page is where it lists all possible IVs for Hidden Powers, but if HP Grass is in the Analysis, then it should list the IVs for it on the set.

Best spread

I was wondering what ev spread would make cresselia the best mixed wall that it could be.

Is this spread good
bold
94 hp
200 def
216 spd
lets me survive 4 seimic toss in sandstorm

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You should actually pump HP first, nygerman.

You could try a spread of 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD with Calm nature. This gives you optimized defenses.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
nygerman: you may find X-Act's article titled "How to Maximize Your Defenses" to be of aid. It helps you determine the best defensive EV spread for any Pokemon.

When using an Action Replay to get a Japanese event wondercard pokemon, can you reset to get the pokemon as many times as you wish? And to add to that, are the iv's determined when you receive the pokemon (go up to the guy in the poke mart and get it) or when you get the wondercard?

Does anyone know the lead I should use? I'm totally stumped on it.
My lead must be ; Bulky , Stealth Rocks
My lead should be ; rarely OHKO'd , prepared for other leads
My lead can be ; holding a resist berry , sashed
My lead shouldn't be ; fake out , suicide (initially, but it could hold explosion to take out another poke other than their lead) , celebi or jirachi (this is for my DS team, and i can't obtain them)

My lead shouldn't be ; fake out , suicide (initially, but it could hold explosion to take out another poke other than their lead) , celebi or jirachi (this is for my DS team, and i can't obtain them)
Metagross is bulky, can lay down rocks, is rarely ohkoed by any lead's super effective barring the rare specs fire user, it typically holds occa berry, it carries explosion, and isn't celebi or Jirachi.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
You can try Swampert also, but it gets ruined by Grass Knot/Roserade leads.

Empoleon vs Lucario

If I had an Empoleon with a neutral nature and it had 0 hp evs and 252 def evs, would it survive a swords danced close combat from lucario if i placed a chople berry on the empoleon? I think thats the same as a normal close combat just not positive. Would empoleon survive?

If I had an Empoleon with a neutral nature and it had 0 hp evs and 252 def evs, would it survive a swords danced close combat from lucario if i placed a chople berry on the empoleon? I think thats the same as a normal close combat just not positive. Would empoleon survive?
It would not survive. Even with the berry cutting the damage in half the damage is still equivalent to that of an unboosted LO STAB super effective Close Combat.

Just with Adamant and max Attack, Lucario wouldn't need a Life Orb to OHKO. Even if it was Jolly, Luke would still OHKO almost all of the time.

You should use Libelldra's damage calculator for questions like these.

If you talk to the mansion guy about the trophy garden on two consecutive days, and get two pokemon in the garden, do they stay there untill i talk to him again? or does it reset to having no special pokemon in the garden after two days.

Im trying to ditto farm :P

Hope that makes sense.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52858 Platinum
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29425 Diamond/Pearl

These threads are all about the Frontier events. You should find something useful in there, like an enemy Pokemon list or other people's teams/tactics.

Generally, Gengar@Focus Sash with 3 attacks and Destiny Bond, Garchomp@Choice Scarf, and something else of your choice should fare well.

The AI is also really stupid with Substitute and may try to continually lower your stats or status you when it won't get through the Substitute. Sub+Stat Boost is pretty effective in BT for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)