Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help. I guess Brave isn't too bad. I'm in the same situation as imapedarsag; I'll just be using it to fight friends.

Anyone know about my Safari Zone question?

Does anyone know if your mother can buy more than one of an item that isn't a berry? Because either that's the case or I have atrocious luck with her shopping. I really don't think I need more than 60 of some type-resisting berries.

Is there a link or post or something where one can find the cutoff for dropping something down a tier? Thanks in advance.

For Soul Silver is there a "perfect team" to have? To start out with either Cyndaquil or Totodile and work your way up from there all the way up to the Elite Four.

a "Perfect team" doesn't really exist. so many pokemon can be used in-game that there are too many posibilities. My team never lost, so I'll give you the basics of what got it for me

Typhlosion(fire type)
Poliwrath(water type)
Amphros(electric type)
Victrebel(grass type)
Fearow(flyer)
Raticate(HM+early battler)

the pokemon I used are on the left, while the reason I used them are on the right. That's usualy the type of team I look for

a "Perfect team" doesn't really exist. so many pokemon can be used in-game that there are too many posibilities. My team never lost, so I'll give you the basics of what got it for me

Typhlosion(fire type)
Poliwrath(water type)
Amphros(electric type)
Victrebel(grass type)
Fearow(flyer)
Raticate(HM+early battler)

the pokemon I used are on the left, while the reason I used them are on the right. That's usualy the type of team I look for
I really wanna use Charizard during the game though.... should I just throw that out the window? Is there an ideal team while using a Charizard as your main?

I really wanna use Charizard during the game though.... should I just throw that out the window? Is there an ideal team while using a Charizard as your main?
Without trading/hacking there's no way to get a Charmander in SS until after you beat Red. I usually just use Pokemon I like in game and make sure I can cover everthing offensively (and now that I'm playing on Set, I need a switch in to every type of attack as well). You could check this out.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68448

You can always get a Charmander in a trade; just ask in the Wi-Fi SQSA thread.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the 'without trading' bit.

Does anyone know if your mother can buy more than one of an item that isn't a berry? Because either that's the case or I have atrocious luck with her shopping. I really don't think I need more than 60 of some type-resisting berries.
I'm in the same boat. I was excited when I got the choice scarf and a few other things, but after that it was all berries all the time :(

This is my team so far:
Charizard- Scratch, Smokescreen, Fire Fang, Dragon Rage.
Feraligatr- Scratch, Ice Fang, Water Gun, Crunch
Scizor- Focus Energy, Razor Wind, Pursuit, U-turn

What should I change and/or add to that team to make it better?

Does anyone know any Trainers in game that have a Beldum or a Bagon or any of their evolutions? This is in Soul Silver, and Google isn't giving me any joy...

This is my team so far:
Charizard- Scratch, Smokescreen, Fire Fang, Dragon Rage.
Feraligatr- Scratch, Ice Fang, Water Gun, Crunch
Scizor- Focus Energy, Razor Wind, Pursuit, U-turn

What should I change and/or add to that team to make it better?
Everything but Ice Fang on Feraligatr and U-turn on Scizor is awful. The Pokémon themselves are fine, but overhaul the movesets completely.

how to train Smeargle moves? I find it very difficult, but interesting move pool it has. where am i going to find pokemon with the moves I want.

For Smeargle: have another Pokemon with the move and find a double battle. I think there are rebattleable double trainers in all games.

My question: Is there anywhere good to level grind before battling the Kimono Girls in Soul Silver? I'm levels 34 to 38 and want to get everyone to level 40 cos I'm having trouble (randomly chosen Pokemon team). Best I've found is just south of the Safari Zone, level 20-23 stuff, pretty poor. Is there anywhere better?

There are Kay and Tia, twins on Route 15 (Saturday night). Also Tim and Sue, a young couple on Route 13 (Friday afternoon).

For Smeargle: have another Pokemon with the move and find a double battle. I think there are rebattleable double trainers in all games.

My question: Is there anywhere good to level grind before battling the Kimono Girls in Soul Silver? I'm levels 34 to 38 and want to get everyone to level 40 cos I'm having trouble (randomly chosen Pokemon team). Best I've found is just south of the Safari Zone, level 20-23 stuff, pretty poor. Is there anywhere better?
You could try rebattling trainers. This page tells you when and where you can fight them.

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

i just got the magnet rail pass and was informed that now Latias in roaming in Kanto. Is her nature set and if i kill it does it respawn with a new nature after a beat the E4 again just like the dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)