Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Drapion has base 95 speed, has 70/110/75 defenses which is not bad at all, learns both roar and whirlwind, can learn substitute, and functions well on a stall team as it can lay out toxic spikes AND absorb any toxic spikes on your side of the field that will otherwise give you trouble.
Might do that , that sounds pretty much perfect ha. lacking a little on spD and HP but i dont think thatll be a huge problem, thanks :)

hmm.... thats actually not a bad idea. maybe a little higher with the speed stats though, i want it to be able to attack first just about everytime.
That actually may work pretty well though..
A speedy attacker and a phazer do not make. A speedy attacker needs investment in speed and the offenses to deal enough damage to KO before it gets KOed. A phazer needs to be bulky and resistant to attacks because Roar and Whirlwind are negative priority.

If you're looking for a fast phazer, you'll need to use Rest and Sleep Talk.

A speedy attacker and a phazer do not make. A speedy attacker needs investment in speed and the offenses to deal enough damage to KO before it gets KOed. A phazer needs to be bulky and resistant to attacks because Roar and Whirlwind are negative priority.

They are?? damn, i didnt know that :/

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Rest-Talk Aerodactyl with Roar and Whirlwind perhaps?

ok, i need a very fast pokemon, with fairly good defensive capabil;ities that can learn roar or whirlwind and work well with a stall team, prefferably can learn perhaps subsitute or somethin as well, any ideas??
Defensive Pokémon with Roar + Substitute:
Blastoise, Golem, Ninetales, Lapras, Vaporeon, Gyarados, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite, Steelix, Skarmory, Mamoswine, Donphan, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Tyranitar, Swampert, Slaking, Aggron, Wailord, Altaria, Walrein, Salamence, Torterra, Empoleon, Bastiodon, Skuntank, Garchomp, Drapion, Rhyperior, Leafeon, Glaceon, Lugia, Ho-oh, Mew, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Giratina, Heatran

Defensive Pokémon with Whirlwind + Substitute:
Snorlax, Hariyama, Noctowl, Crobat

And don't double post

I found platinum, so I'm going to start chaining soon, but I have one question. What happens when you save in front of a sparkling patch of grass, will the IVs be different every time?

By the way, don't refer me to the RNGing guide.

I had a Nincada that I evolved while it had EVs invested in HP and I got the corresponding Shedinja which inherited that EV spread. But vitamins and EV reducing berries "won't have any effect" on a Shedinja, so are the HP EVs that it supposedly inherits deleted or does the Shedinja still have worthless HP EVs that the game just won't let me erase?

Would like do ask will the pinch berry activate when the hp is dropped to below 25% if it was caused by entry hazards. I just had a few matches in shoddy but it cant activate if it was caused by SR or spikes

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would like do ask will the pinch berry activate when the hp is dropped to below 25% if it was caused by entry hazards. I just had a few matches in shoddy but it cant activate if it was caused by SR or spikes
This is a known bug in Shoddy. It will probably be fixed in Shoddy Battle 2. For a thread of all the known bugs, look here.

Silly question, but with regards to the next generation, can it be assumed that the majority of pokemon bred now will be useful in B and W... like will my flawless Jolly Garchomp, Bold Milotic, Calm Togekiss, and Timid Jolteon have merit next generation?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Silly question, but with regards to the next generation, can it be assumed that the majority of pokemon bred now will be useful in B and W... like will my flawless Jolly Garchomp, Bold Milotic, Calm Togekiss, and Timid Jolteon have merit next generation?
most likely they will still be useful however noone can say you now if there wont be a new pokemon that outclasses them or that they just wont be that good as they were in gen 4.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Those natures and perfect IVs will always be good for those Pokemon, but you will likely want to rebreed if any new exciting egg moves pop up.

I had a Nincada that I evolved while it had EVs invested in HP and I got the corresponding Shedinja which inherited that EV spread. But vitamins and EV reducing berries "won't have any effect" on a Shedinja, so are the HP EVs that it supposedly inherits deleted or does the Shedinja still have worthless HP EVs that the game just won't let me erase?
Shedinja cannot have HP EVs, despite the fact that it awards 2 HP EVs when it is defeated in a battle.

Shedinja cannot have HP EVs, despite the fact that it awards 2 HP EVs when it is defeated in a battle.
But did the HP EVs that the Nicada had when it evolved disappear on the Shedinja meaning I can reallocate them, or do they still count toward Shedinja's 510 EV cap?

Does sleep acitvate Guts, to be used in concordance with Sleep Talk?
I don't see why it would not, I have never bothered checking.

But did the HP EVs that the Nicada had when it evolved disappear on the Shedinja meaning I can reallocate them, or do they still count toward Shedinja's 510 EV cap?
I'm not sure, I assume they were deleted, but you can always bring your Shedinja to the girl in Sunnyshore that gives you the Effort Ribbon if you have all 510 EVs

Does sleep acitvate Guts, to be used in concordance with Sleep Talk?
I don't see why it would not, I have never bothered checking.
Yes it does

I'm not sure, I assume they were deleted, but you can always bring your Shedinja to the girl in Sunnyshore that gives you the Effort Ribbon if you have all 510 EVs
Thanks, Zacchaeus. After earning the Effort Ribbon and testing out the behavior of vitamins, I've concluded that Shedinja does in fact keep all the EVs. The game just prevents you from messing with the ones in HP.

Thanks, Zacchaeus. After earning the Effort Ribbon and testing out the behavior of vitamins, I've concluded that Shedinja does in fact keep all the EVs. The game just prevents you from messing with the ones in HP.
That's a blowout. As long as you have the Attack EVs it should work okay, Speed is important but Shedinja doesn't have to worry too much about it, and unless you're running some strange Baton Pass set, you definitely don't need any Defense or Special Defense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)