Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

If a Pokemon has all of its EVs, then using Rare Candies does not make a difference to its stats as it levels up. It is neither recommended nor cautioned against, it is just an option which is equally good.
Aha, so it's fine if I don't see huge stat increases to an EV-trained Pokemon with the Rare Candy method?

Aha, so it's fine if I don't see huge stat increases to an EV-trained Pokemon with the Rare Candy method?
It really depends on what level the pokemon is at. If you're using rare candies on an EV'd pokemon that is around say level 20 or so, the stat increase won't be that big as the stat increase has to be spread over 80 levels, but if the pokemon was at level 50 or 60, then you'd see a pretty big stat increase because it has to gain more stat points to be "caught up".

It really depends on what level the pokemon is at. If you're using rare candies on an EV'd pokemon that is around say level 20 or so, the stat increase won't be that big as the stat increase has to be spread over 80 levels, but if the pokemon was at level 50 or 60, then you'd see a pretty big stat increase because it has to gain more stat points to be "caught up".
That explains a lot. Thanks!

What is the best way to encounter shiny Pokemon in SS and Pt? I'm trying to RNG and I need a caught shiny (so no Masuda method?). Is there a good way to maximize my wild encounters and hopefully find a shiny?

For Plat would it be advisable to get a bunch of chained shinies or try for 1 unchained shiny?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
For Platinum, you are best chaining, because of the odds against getting random shinies. For SS, try using the Red Gyarados as a chained shiny (you will need to soft reset) if you can, but otherwise you will need to wait to catch one. Alternatively, you could send a Pokemon to someone in the Wifi forum, who can check your SID for you.

Back again so soon, so if this counts as double posting, I sincerely apologize. In other news, I was looking at the rules for Rate My Team (so that's what RMT stands for!), and it said I had to "test my team before I post it." There's three problems with that:

1. I can't download Shoddy or Pokemon labratory on my computer; my parents wouldn't appreciate that (neither would this antique I'm using (still love you, Dell)).

2. If I could, I doubt they have a Battle Tower branch (do they?).

And finally, 3. It would be down-right rediculous to super breed a Pokemon team just to realize it doesn't work.

So, does that mean this is a privilege I just can't afford?

Edit: Hmm... I didn't think of it like that before. Also, bharmalm, what do you mean? I don't know if I understand.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
The rule is for competitive teams, so that such testing is practical. I'd imagine that it would be different if you had to breed all of that and such. To be honest, I'd just encourage you to post it here or in the Battle Tower records thread for suggestions, because it is reasonably common to do so.

I'm going to be playing in a 3-vs-3 PBR (Stadium mode) tournament where the only Pokémon allowed are the first 149. I was thinking about using Zapdos, Gyarados, Gengar, Dragonite, Starmie, and Machamp. I imagine Dragonite could do particularly well with the only Steel-type being Magneton (who is pretty much useless in this format). I was thinking of using a MixNite since I already have a DDer in Gyarados, but am wondering if DD Outrage is too good to pass up in an environment without Steels. Thoughts?

Back again so soon, so if this counts as double posting, I sincerely apologize. In other news, I was looking at the rules for Rate My Team (so that's what RMT stands for!), and it said I had to "test my team before I post it." There's three problems with that:

1. I can't download Shoddy or Pokemon labratory on my computer; my parents wouldn't appreciate that (neither would this antique I'm using (still love you, Dell)).

2. If I could, I doubt they have a Battle Tower branch (do they?).

And finally, 3. It would be down-right rediculous to super breed a Pokemon team just to realize it doesn't work.

So, does that mean this is a privilege I just can't afford?
ask somebody in the sqsr thread on wifi to sav a team (even beter like 12 pokes so you can test combinations) i myself would do it.

Hey, should there be any reason why I can't find a shiny Latias with the Enigma Stone in SS? I've literally been soft resetting for 6 months, my New Year's Resolution is to quit..

Darkrai and Lugia took me about 2 days each :///// Anything other than luck? D:

@Its_A_Random
I googled before I started and read about people finding shinies with the stone I swear if they were lying and I've wasted six months lol..

and yeah, I know about odds and stuff but it's never taken this long before if there isn't a shiny check maybe there's something else that would contribute? Dunno, it's not even worth it any more I just don't like giving up :(

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, should there be any reason why I can't find a shiny Latias with the Enigma Stone in SS? I've literally been soft resetting for 6 months, my New Year's Resolution is to quit..

Darkrai and Lugia took me about 2 days each :///// Anything other than luck? D:
1. Enigma Stone Latias has a Shiny Check, preventing it from being shiny (Someone please clarify as I'm not completely sure on this...).
2. Even if it didn't have a shiny check, without RNG, the odds of finding one are 1 in 8192, so its pure luck.

1. Enigma Stone Latias has a Shiny Check, preventing it from being shiny (Someone please clarify as I'm not completely sure on this...).
2. Even if it didn't have a shiny check, without RNG, the odds of finding one are 1 in 8192, so its pure luck.
I can verify that it CAN be shiny; I RNG'd for a Shiny Latios via the Enigma Stone in my HG game.

im sorry if this is the wrong place for this but why do some users have badges under their names and how does one acquire them?

HI!
I've read many threads stating that pokesav-ed pokemon are unacceptable in their trades and so, I wanna clarify a doubt I have.

If my pokemon is LEGALLY bred, by means of manually walking the steps with a pokemon with flame body, then, passed on to the flashcart pokemon game where I load the save on pokesav and change the IVs and max out needed EVs, is the pokemon now considered pokesav-ed or not?

Mind, the pokemons I put into pokesav are always Lv 1 and I don't clash the natures with the stats as much as possible.

thanks!
---------
PS: Need to know this so that I can decide if I should just get an AR to make my pokemon all 'legal' somehow to enter real tourneys (if ever) and so as not to 'corrupt' my future black/white version.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, it is considered pokesav'd. It was altered using the program. An AR won't help you either.

Hey Smogon. ^.^ In HeartGold I'm going for a Poison-only team run, and I'm in need of some Pokemon that are low level, level 1 is fine, and preferably with decent moves from breeding. I'm looking for:

Qwilfish, Seviper, Stunky, Skorupi, and Croagunk.

Non-hacked please. ^.^ Natures/IVs don't matter either, but I'd preferably like one that benifits, is neutral, or doesn't really matter. (Like Gentle, or a mixed-nature like Rash)

Thanks in advance, I'll PM you if anyone replies to this with my FC and everthing.

EDIT: This should go in the Simple Request thread in WiFi, huh... Posted there, will delete if necessary. :D

Meaning an ar to help modify wild pokemon and fast egg hatching and IV checks count as hacked too?
Anything that affects the pokemon itself is hacked. You [should] be fine with fast egg hatching etc., as long as it doesn't affect the Pokemon itself in anyway.

EDIT: Pokesav, ARs etc. are not allowed in offical tournaments (as in real life), Wifi I'm unsure about, as there are legal and illegal hacks (I'm not a Wifi player, so somebody help the guy out with this one.). And no, as far as I know hacking devices won't chrash the game UNLESS you overload it with requests.

Do special Poké Balls show up during battles in the Viridian City Trainer House? One of my friends sent out an Arceus, and another sent out a Mew, both in regular Poké Balls, and I was wondering if they were hacked (since these Pokémon are only legally available in Cherish Balls), or if it uses the generic Poké Ball for all Pokémon there, regardless of what type of ball they were actually caught in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)