Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my leading Lv100 pokémon knocks something out, does my, say, Lv1 pokémon in my party w/EXP. Share get all the exp from the fight or 50%/however much a share usually gives?

Sorry if it's a little poorly worded but I'm really tired. D;

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If my leading Lv100 pokémon knocks something out, does my, say, Lv1 pokémon in my party w/EXP. Share get all the exp from the fight or 50%/however much a share usually gives?

Sorry if it's a little poorly worded but I'm really tired. D;
In previous generations, it would get 50% of the experience. Now there's a different experience formula, though. They will each still get half of the base amount, but the lower level one will end up gaining more because its level is lower.

Does any one know about How much damage a standard (jolly) Haxorous would take from a (-speed +def) Ferrothorn's Gyro-Ball? Would it 3HKO, 2HKO, Or would Ferro just be Outraged to death?

Since I was 8, when I started playing Pokemon, there have seemingly been certain principles regarding the EXP gain of Pokemon with certain typing. According to Oak in the first games, all Grass and Water Pokemon gain EXP much faster than Fire, which is to say that the EXP required to gain one level is significantly less for a Grass type than a Fire type. I now question the verity of this principle. For example: Sceptile gains EXP faster than Blaziken. Why? Apparently, this is because Fire types grow slower than Grass types, in exchange for being powerhouses. In addition, the secondary Fighting typing of Blaziken causes Blaziken to a have a slight increase in EXP level duration. Above all, it is pain for me to train Dragon Pokemon. Dragons, for some reason, have exceedingly high EXP counts for one level. All the types introduced in later games are slower to level up, with the exception of Dark. My question: What types level up faster, and why?

Is it true that it no longer matters which breeding parent holds the everstone and is it also true that this has been the case since HGSS?

Edit: Also, when are the usage statistics being released? (sorry if that is asked often)

Is there a way to change the wifi battles to a 6v6 instead of 3v3 battle?
also is there a way to change the rules to where it can do an auto lv 100 singles battle like in plat, ect...

My question: What types level up faster, and why?
Types has little do with it. And Oak was probably being misleading. (Starter lines do sometimes evolve at different levels, eg Ivysaur evolves at l32 while Charmelon and Wartortle don't evolve until l36 - this kind of thing may be what Oak was on about - but they all need the same EXP to get each level.)

There are six different formulas that determine EXP required to reach each level, with each evolutionary line using one of the formulae. They are described here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience

In BW, the formula for EXP gained after battle was changed, including a factor of your level compared to the target Pokemon, so lower level Pokemon gain more EXP than higher level ones. Helps to power-level low level Pokemon (good if you're going for Pokedex completion), but hinders reaching level 100.

Are there usage statistics for OU Pokemon yet (for any period, even if they're old)? I don't play simulators or anything, but it would be interesting to know.

Is Rash (+ Sp. Att, - Sp. Def) Cobalion any good? I've been RNGing this one for days, and this is the first time I hit my seed; and my synchroniser did nothing. Should I start over, or can a Rash nature be usable? (And if so, any sets for Rash Cobalion?)

This is my first time being interested in battling, basically because of the existence of wifi and what not. And i decided i should prepare a team to appropriately play online and stand on my own two feet.

I apologies if this thread is in the wrong forum, but this seemed like the most appropriate place.

*Anything with (?) is undecided.
*EV's are TBD because i haven't started doing them yet.

So far i've added the following pokemon to my online team

Ferrothorn
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: TBD
Moves: Leechseed/Spikes/Gyroball/Power whip

Scrafty(?)
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Dragon Dance/Ice Punch/Drain Punch/High jump kick (?)

Galvantula
Nature: Hasty
Moves:Thunder/Volt Switch/Thunder Wave(?)/Signal Beam(?)

Now. Those are for sure guys I'd like to use EXCEPT for Scrafty, because I also like Mienshao and they're both fighting types and i don't think have two fighting types would be a good idea.

Pokemon i was considering:

Zoroark
Jellicent
Krookodile
Gigalith
Electross
Scoliopede
Coffagrigus
Carracosta
Crustle
Seismitoad
Mienshao

I'm not entirely sure how to "finish" or "round out" my team. I'm basically going off of what i see in the main game and pokemon that i like. I don't like using legendary pokemon. At all. I've watched some wifi battles of youtube and i see people using them, so i assume it's okay, but it's not for me.

I just caught a jolly Deino with perfect 31 IVS and would hate to see it go to waste. Would any body help me come up with a fully physical moveset for the littleguy? All suggestions aprerciated.

I just caught a jolly Deino with perfect 31 IVS and would hate to see it go to waste. Would any body help me come up with a fully physical moveset for the littleguy? All suggestions aprerciated.
Hydreigon @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Outrage
-U-Turn
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake

What is a good anti-lead against all weather starters and baton passers? If no such lead exists, what is a good anti-lead against weather starters and can revenge later in the game? The answer is not genesect.

What is a good anti-lead against all weather starters and baton passers? If no such lead exists, what is a good anti-lead against weather starters and can revenge later in the game? The answer is not genesect.
Weather leads like Politoed, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon can be countered by Whimsicott pretty nicely. I'm not as sure about sun teams, but those don't tend to be as common or fair as well. You could try a lead Zapdos to counter Ninetails, but you would need to play around with that idea. Probopass can ruin sand teams later on if you can predict a switch into Ferrothorn. This set works well:

Probopass @ Leftovers
Magnet Pull
Bold
252 SpA / 252 Def / 4 HP
-Sunny Day
-Hidden Power Fire
-Taunt
-Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)