Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is, though, do they sell merchandise there?
No, they do not. That sort of thing is saved for the world championships.

And if you make it to Hawaii, make sure your parents are in line for the shop 2 hours before it opens, or you will be stuck with a sticker. People stand in line for hours just for the world championship merch!

Hats, shirts, towels, bags, DS/DSi skins, figures, pokedolls - tons of stuff. All gone hours before opening.

I've looked at trade threads that give vgc palkia and dialga with timid, quiet, and other natures. I have't seen any palkia or dialga with modest as a nature. When I looked at vgc rate my teams, the dialgas and palkias never have modest natures. Why is that?

Is there a good pokemon (works as a lead) to OHKO kyogres? They are destorying me .___.

(Would an exploding metagross do?)

If exploding Metagross could survive long enough to go off, maybe...

Ludicolo with Swift Swim and Grass Knot can knock a severe dent in them, certainly enough to negate Water Spout. It also learns Fake Out, to be a useful lead in other circumstances.

Abomasnow can get rid of the rain and hit with Grass Knot, whilst resisting most of Kyogre's typical moves.

And if an Exploder gets to go off, yes, it should take it out...

Is there a good pokemon (works as a lead) to OHKO kyogres? They are destorying me .___.

(Would an exploding metagross do?)
Toxicroak, Water Spout heals it and low kick will do lots of damage to an Ogre. Not to mention it has Fake Out, and Sucker Punch in it's movepool too.

Anything with priority will severely weaken Water Spout anyways. After a typical Technitop's Mach Punch, Spout will become a base 93 attack.

The problem is that i'm not leading with a kyogre myself, so i dont garentee the rain dance boost to make ludicolo the fastest fake outer (as what i'm doing with my weavile), but a lead one does sound like a good idea.
Toxicroak sounds like a good idea, but it is screwed in sun, and still is like the slowest fake-outer.

I was thinking about doing something with metagross like this:
Metagross protects as Pokemon 1 uses rockslide/EQ
Kyogre gets damaged and water spout becomes weeker.
Next turn metagross uses explosion after surviving a weekend water spout

Do you see the oppositions pokemon like PBR? in this competition

Question 2. If i paired a Parasect holding a Yache Berry and a Focus Sash Girafarig with Inner focus. Do you think I can get away with the Trick Room?

Question 2. If i paired a Parasect holding a Yache Berry and a Focus Sash Girafarig with Inner focus. Do you think I can get away with the Trick Room?
Sure, but then what? They'd be useless later on.

The problem is that i'm not leading with a kyogre myself, so i dont garentee the rain dance boost to make ludicolo the fastest fake outer (as what i'm doing with my weavile), but a lead one does sound like a good idea.
Toxicroak sounds like a good idea, but it is screwed in sun, and still is like the slowest fake-outer.

I was thinking about doing something with metagross like this:
Metagross protects as Pokemon 1 uses rockslide/EQ
Kyogre gets damaged and water spout becomes weeker.
Next turn metagross uses explosion after surviving a weekend water spout
The problem with that is a lot of kyogres are scarfed out speeding any non scarfed pokemon. You need to plan to fight a scarfed and non scarfed kyogre. Use stab priority like hitmontop mach punch or like absol and sucker punch. Absol with sucker punch will take off about 44% health on even a max hp kyogre this makes it pretty weak.

Does anyone have a modest Dialga and a timid mewtwo. I have been looking, but I do not have a trade thread so I am having trouble trading for one. I don't want to go to another site because I don't trust any non-smogoners when it comes whether a pokemon is legit.

AromaFlora has a great Modest Dialga and Aroma is generally very generous to trades. I'm pretty sure there is a redis Timid Mewtwo as well.

Are you allowed to have lets say 3 Pokémon from the restricted list on your team sheet of 6 as long as you only use 2 of them in a battle?

has been asked and answered like 4 times in this thread. I know that it might seem boring, but on things like this you should read all the posts before hand. A lot of other stuff can be learned by reading this also. But to answer your question yes you can have up to 4 restricted as long as you only use 2 per battle

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hey guys i am gonna participate in the vgc myself but i cant decide where. which stop between san francisco and pheonix do you guys think will have a bigger turn out

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
naa, i dont drive[at 19 years old all my friends have told me how bad that is] so i have to fly over and i dont wanna fly twice, but please keep posting predictions on which will have a higher turn out so i can pick which to go to :), i appreciate it

naa, i dont drive[at 19 years old all my friends have told me how bad that is] so i have to fly over and i dont wanna fly twice, but please keep posting predictions on which will have a higher turn out so i can pick which to go to :), i appreciate it
I really think San Fran will have a higher turnout. However, I doubt you'd want to go to the place with the higher turnout - You want to go to the place with the LOWER turnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)