Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it wise to add two random Pokemon to my team sheet? I'm afraid of my opponent seeing my team by having one of my leads follow me. Does that even happen?
Audience will see your Pokemon following you (and what you pick) if you're the cart shown on screen. Otherwise it won't. If you're at a regional and don't plan on using anything but your four, then yeah go ahead and add two random Pokemon. If you're at Nationals, I'd highly recommend having six Pokemon that work well in teams of four because you'll be doing best of three matches.

I would put 12 EV's in speed just to out speed other ones with 0 EV's in speed and put the rest in Attack and HP. That's my personal opinion though.

Personally, I have no clue. The base speed is the same, but the attacks and defenses are switched for Giratina and Giratina-O. I have no idea. I would look through some of the war stories here. They might be able to answer your question.

I've heard a lot about the Hitmontop/Kyogre lead with Palkia/Abomasnow in the back, it seems to be a popular thing this year. I'm curious though, what hold items would each of them be using and what would their EV spreads look like?

Oh and when you guys use legendary Pokemon on your team, how do you get them? (RNG abuse, pokesav, resetting, etc) Or do you just not care about the IVs that much?

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've heard a lot about the Hitmontop/Kyogre lead with Palkia/Abomasnow in the back, it seems to be a popular thing this year. I'm curious though, what hold items would each of them be using and what would their EV spreads look like?

Oh and when you guys use legendary Pokemon on your team, how do you get them? (RNG abuse, pokesav, resetting, etc) Or do you just not care about the IVs that much?
Hitmontop holds Life Orb, Kyogre holds Choice Scarf, Palkia holds Haban Berry, and Abomasnow holds Sitrus Berry.

Is it wise to add two random Pokemon to my team sheet? I'm afraid of my opponent seeing my team by having one of my leads follow me. Does that even happen?
If you have a big pokemon (any uber except Mewtwo), put that at the front of your party and you won't have anything following you.

Firestorm

If you're the player on the screen, people in the audience will see every Pokemon you pick and the order you pick them in anyway so it doesn't matter. Your opponent can't see anything and this only happens if you're on a TV.

registration sheet question

On the sheet to register your pokemon, it asks for the level and the stats of the pokemon. So, is it asking for the level and stats AFTER they are auto leveled, or before??

Does anyone have an idea of how early you should show up to ensure you get a spot in juniors?
At the Birmingham VGC I showed up a little before 9am, which would have been early enough to get me a spot if I'd been a junior, but I'd still have been towards the back of the region of the queue that got in (if they hadn't expanded the numbers for the juniors that day). I'd suggesting being earlier than that, maybe 8:30am or even 8am, to guarantee a place. (That said, you needed to turn up over 3 hours before the stated registration time to get into the seniors, and queue for ages...)

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For a palkia should I go with dragon pulse or spacial rend?
It's personal preference, Spacial Rend gives you more power and a crit chance, but with Dragon Pulse you won't miss in a key situation. I used Dragon Pulse and it never let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)