Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Objection and I could really use a subref, please.

Also challenging Rediamond...

2v2 Doubles
1 Recover/2 Chills
2 Day DQ for Battlers (Strict), Refs should stick to 2 Days as well
Arena: Labyrinth

A scary underground labyrinth with smooth stone walls, slight mist hanging in the air, torches lighting the arena along the walls, and a few rocks scattered around here or there. There is a center room from which there a three offshoot paths exist. One path leads to a room with a pool of water (large enough for diving and about 3 Surfs) surrounded by molten lava. Another path leads to a graveyard, in which each attack used has a 30% chance of becoming Disabled after use from the disturbed spirits. The final path leads to a room of anti-gravity, in which all sorts of crazy things can happen; all up to the ref, of course.

Nondescript Battle Challenge!

4v4 Singles!
2 Day DQ!
0 Recoveries/3 Chills per Pokemon!
Only unevolved Pokemon!
Arena: Challenger Picks!

Happy Hunting!

4v4 Singles!
2 Day DQ!
Only unevolved Pokemon!

Happy Hunting!
Hmm, sounds intriguing, dropping my earlier challenge to accept this!
Switch=KO
All Abilities
No Items
Arena:
How about this?

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: Only fully unevolved Pokemon and no single-stage Pokemon, no leaving the 30 feet diameter circle

This arena is a public park. A circular arena (about 30 feet in diameter) is painted on the field, with some bushes over to the side, and a fountain. The main theme to this place is that only Pokemon that are fully unevolved are allowed (no single-stages), as this is the place where Little battles and the Little Cup take place. The fountain surprisingly is enough of a water source for all attacks involving water to be used. The ground is nice and fresh and can be dug through. All of the structures in the park were built to withstand earthquakes, so seismic activity may occur. The park rules state that no battles may go beyond the 30 feet wide circular arena. After all, this is a public park, for everyone who wishes to enjoy its beauty. We're lucky enough that we are allowed to cause earthquakes.

Credit goes to C$FP for this arena.

Let's do this!

Hmm...I seem to be amassing a LOT of mons VERY quickly...and they need training...

12v4+4+4 NFE only Triples
First player decides switch status
Second player decides ability status
Third player decides item status. The third player can never be Rising Dusk.

2 recoveries/5 chills per mon
2 days DQ, 4 days ref DQ

Arena: The Ice Canyon
Field Type: Ice (Ice-type moves take less energy, Hail costs less to summon, while Sandstorm costs more, and Sun does not boost Fire-type moves or unfreeze Pokemon, although other effects still apply.)
Complexity: Moderate (all moves available, but several restrictions, mostly weather-based, still apply.)
Format: All
Restrictions:
  • Ice-type moves other than Hail cost 1 less energy.
  • Hail, whether by move or by Snow Warning, costs 2 less energy to summon. Pokemon holding an Icy Rock extend move-based Hail to 7 rounds rather than 6.
  • Sandstorm, whether by Sand Stream or by move, costs 2 more energy to summon. This +energy effect works regardless of Smooth Rock-Sand Stream will cost 2 energy to activate with Smooth Rock here. Additionally, Smooth Rock only extends the duration of Sand to 5 rounds.
  • Sun does not boost Fire-type attacks OR affect freezing. All other effects, such as ability activation and SolarBeam having 0 priority, still works properly. However, Heat Rock only extends the duration of Sun to 5 rounds.
  • Rain faces no restrictions.
  • Dig is considered to be an Ice-type move.
  • Through various loopholes, all other moves are available.
Flavor

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig deals Ice-type damage; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones and plant matter have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide and Grass Knot. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here.

The icy locale naturally makes Ice-type moves and Hail easier to form...while buffering against most other weather types. All Ice-type moves but Hail cost 1 energy less to execute here, and Hail costs 2 less energy to summon, whether through Snow Warning or the move Hail. In fact, it's said that Icy Rock extends Hail's natural duration even further than usual here. Sandstorms, on the other hand, cost 2 extra energy to summon for want of material, whether through Sand Stream or the move Sandstorm and regardless of items, and the Sun's rays bounce off the reflective ice, preventing its heat from boosting Fire-type moves or melting the ice off frozen Pokemon. (However, SolarBeam and Sun-based abilities still trigger.) Both the Heat Rock and the Smooth Rock seem to lose a little power here-both only extend their respective weathers by a single round. Rain lacks restrictions.

And to the challengers, I can only say...

credit to icepick

OKAY ALBINOLOON! LET'S FIX THAT TIE WE'VE GOT ON OUR RECORDS! >:D

Challenging Albinoloon
3 v 3 Singles
First-Stage Pokes only (Bulbasaur, yes; Tropius, no)
2 Day DQ
3 Recoveries, 6 Chills
Arena:

A hot and humid area just begging for a battle. Because of the lack of sunlight inside, Grass types have a hard time using their moves at full strenght, while Dark types draw strength from the darkness. Any moves can be used, unless they require water to be activated (ie, Surf, Dive). Dig, however, is unusable due to the vast amount of lava underneath the surface. It's an anything-goes match as this volcanic layer awaits it's trainers.
Accepting.
1 Ability
No Items
Switch=no
Anyone care to ref? It's gonna' be a "heated'' battle!

Alright, I need some weakmon training!
4v4 Doubles
Unevolved Pokemon only (Bulbasaur yes, Ivysaur no, Heracross no)
Unlimited Recovers/Chills
3 day DQ
And I'm going to steal one of my old arenas, with a few twists:
Arena: A golf course!
The Pokemon will be on the fairway, with the water hazard nearby so Surf can be used. Dig isn't allowed, nor are any fire moves that risk scorching the grass (basically any of the damaging ones, Will-O-Wisp is ok for example), but Earthquake can be used. After the last battle here, the owner complained that there were scorch marks from lightning bolts, so Thunder is banned as well. Other electric attacks are fine.

I humbly request that the match is Switch=OK, if that is acceptable to whoever accepts the challenge.

I need some weakmon training for the ones I have left so i am in
No items
all abilities
switch = OK as per request
bump for ref

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon Maximum
Unevolved mons only, no mid-battle evolutions
Arena: Opponent's Choice.

NO ASB TOURNAMENT ARENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...I seem to be amassing a LOT of mons VERY quickly...and they need training...

12v4v4v4 NFE only Triples
First player decides switch status
Second player decides ability status
Third player decides item status. The third player can never be Rising Dusk.

2 recoveries/5 chills per mon
2 days DQ, 4 days ref DQ

Arena: The Ice Canyon
Field Type: Ice (Ice-type moves take less energy, Hail costs less to summon, while Sandstorm costs more, and Sun does not boost Fire-type moves or unfreeze Pokemon, although other effects still apply.)
Complexity: Moderate (all moves available, but several restrictions, mostly weather-based, still apply.)
Format: All
Restrictions:
  • Ice-type moves other than Hail cost 1 less energy.
  • Hail, whether by move or by Snow Warning, costs 2 less energy to summon. Pokemon holding an Icy Rock extend move-based Hail to 7 rounds rather than 6.
  • Sandstorm, whether by Sand Stream or by move, costs 2 more energy to summon. This +energy effect works regardless of Smooth Rock-Sand Stream will cost 2 energy to activate with Smooth Rock here. Additionally, Smooth Rock only extends the duration of Sand to 5 rounds.
  • Sun does not boost Fire-type attacks OR affect freezing. All other effects, such as ability activation and SolarBeam having 0 priority, still works properly. However, Heat Rock only extends the duration of Sun to 5 rounds.
  • Rain faces no restrictions.
  • Dig is considered to be an Ice-type move.
  • Through various loopholes, all other moves are available.
Flavor

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig deals Ice-type damage; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones and plant matter have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide and Grass Knot. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here.

The icy locale naturally makes Ice-type moves and Hail easier to form...while buffering against most other weather types. All Ice-type moves but Hail cost 1 energy less to execute here, and Hail costs 2 less energy to summon, whether through Snow Warning or the move Hail. In fact, it's said that Icy Rock extends Hail's natural duration even further than usual here. Sandstorms, on the other hand, cost 2 extra energy to summon for want of material, whether through Sand Stream or the move Sandstorm and regardless of items, and the Sun's rays bounce off the reflective ice, preventing its heat from boosting Fire-type moves or melting the ice off frozen Pokemon. (However, SolarBeam and Sun-based abilities still trigger.) Both the Heat Rock and the Smooth Rock seem to lose a little power here-both only extend their respective weathers by a single round. Rain lacks restrictions.

And to the challengers, I can only say...

credit to icepick
in

2 abilities

OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ Time
Arena: Opponent's Choice.

NO ASB TOURNAMENT ARENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Accepted, I want a rematch with you, Random, mah boi.

Switch = waffles.
One ability.
No items.

EDIT: ... Yeah, I forgot the arena, didn't I? FUCK. Let's see, who shall I jack from, being a lazy bastard... Deck Knight, I choose you!

Arena: The Bosses' Way
Field Type: Ground/Electric
Complexity: Intense
Format: Singles

Restrictions: Limited Ceiling, Artificial Field, No Weather, No Water Source, No Digging

Description:

The arena is in a darkened, concrete indoor Gym with a large throne chair placed on top of a stone balcony with two flanking concrete brickwork stairwells on either side. In front of this lies a standard Gym floor pattern, with a twist. The arena is lined by 6 surrounding blue orbed poles that generate an electric field that keeps the Pokemon inside the 20 W x 40 L X 15 H (feet) arena. If any Pokemon other than an Electric or Ground type hits the barrier, they will suffer 4 HP damage. Resistance to electricity will reduce this damage by 2, while Weakness to electricity will increase it by 2.

Because it is enclosed, weather moves will not work in this arena. It has no water sources and the concrete is too thick and musty to be dug through. The arena has fairly low natural lighting, but most Pokemon can see just fine, and if the electric field is hit it will generate light.

Open Challenge!
1Vs1 Singles

Moogle Villiage:
The Moogles don't like:
Attacks of Power 10+ (inclusive, not including multi hits)
Fighting Pokemon
Or Fully evolved Pokemon
Each round they will pelt any pokemon with stones, doing 5, 10 and 20 damage respectively for each condition.
The Moogle villiage also like rest and relaxation, so you can heal 10 HP and 10 energy for free twice in the game, using an action [Command: Moogle Hotel] (does not count towards rests/Chills.

2 Day DQ - This goes for ref too!
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arcanite, why does if cost 5 energy to recover 10 energy?

But accepted nonetheless. I will have my revenge!

Switch = Insert something funny here
Items off
One ability

Final fantasy loving refs, the time to act is now!
(^Terrible.)
Still need a ref!

I really need to get back into reffing, so I'll take both of them (I'm assuming they're both still available).

Also, issuing a ridiculously specific and complex open challenge:

6+6 vs 6+6 Multi Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena: Mystic Waters
A large expanse of open grass surrounded by waters imbued with mystic properties. All moves and weathers apply as normal, but being around the water induces an interesting effect on Pokemon: at the beginning of each round except the first, each Pokemon will receive the typing of the Pokemon sent out immediately after it. (The most recent sent out will receive that of the earliest sent out.) When a Pokemon faints, the new Pokemon sent out is added at the end of the list. (For example: Andy sends out Abra first. Billy then sends out Bidoof, Claire sends out Carvanha, and Dave sends out Darumaka. At the beginning of turn 2, Abra becomes Normal-typed, Bidoof becomes Water/Dark-typed, Carvanha becomes Fire-typed, and Darumaka becomes Psychic-typed. At the beginning of turn 3, Abra becomes Water/Dark-typed, Bidoof becomes Fire-typed, Carvanha becomes Psychic-typed, and Darumaka becomes Normal-typed. Suppose Abra is knocked out during turn 3 and Andy sends out Axew in its place. At the beginning of turn 4, Bidoof becomes Psychic-typed, Carvanha becomes Normal-typed, Darumaka becomes Dragon-typed, and Axew becomes Water/Dark-typed. On turn 4, both Bidoof and Darumaka are knocked out. Billy sends out Beldum and Dave sends out Pidove [C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRR]. At the beginning of turn 5, Carvanha becomes Water/Dark-typed, Axew becomes Psychic/Steel-typed, Beldum becomes Normal/Flying-typed, and Pidove becomes Normal-typed. Make sense? Thought so.)

Oh, and all Pokemon must be LC-legal. (I'd prefer that they hadn't been in battle at all, but that's up to you.) First to accept picks switch, second picks ability, and third picks items.

EDIT: I changed this to 6+6. I hope this is okay.

4v4 Singles!
2 Day DQ!
Only unevolved Pokemon!

Happy Hunting!

Hmm, sounds intriguing, dropping my earlier challenge to accept this!
Switch=KO
All Abilities
No Items
Arena:
How about this?

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: Only fully unevolved Pokemon and no single-stage Pokemon, no leaving the 30 feet diameter circle

This arena is a public park. A circular arena (about 30 feet in diameter) is painted on the field, with some bushes over to the side, and a fountain. The main theme to this place is that only Pokemon that are fully unevolved are allowed (no single-stages), as this is the place where Little battles and the Little Cup take place. The fountain surprisingly is enough of a water source for all attacks involving water to be used. The ground is nice and fresh and can be dug through. All of the structures in the park were built to withstand earthquakes, so seismic activity may occur. The park rules state that no battles may go beyond the 30 feet wide circular arena. After all, this is a public park, for everyone who wishes to enjoy its beauty. We're lucky enough that we are allowed to cause earthquakes.

Credit goes to C$FP for this arena.

Let's do this!
I'll ref this, with GoldenKnight as my Tutor ref. I'll PM you both shortly for team requests.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Its_A_Random vs. Son_of_Shadoo

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ Time
Switch = waffles.
One ability.
No items.
Arena: The Bosses' Way
Field Type: Ground/Electric
Complexity: Intense
Format: Singles

Restrictions: Limited Ceiling, Artificial Field, No Weather, No Water Source, No Digging

Description:

The arena is in a darkened, concrete indoor Gym with a large throne chair placed on top of a stone balcony with two flanking concrete brickwork stairwells on either side. In front of this lies a standard Gym floor pattern, with a twist. The arena is lined by 6 surrounding blue orbed poles that generate an electric field that keeps the Pokemon inside the 20 W x 40 L X 15 H (feet) arena. If any Pokemon other than an Electric or Ground type hits the barrier, they will suffer 4 HP damage. Resistance to electricity will reduce this damage by 2, while Weakness to electricity will increase it by 2.

Because it is enclosed, weather moves will not work in this arena. It has no water sources and the concrete is too thick and musty to be dug through. The arena has fairly low natural lighting, but most Pokemon can see just fine, and if the electric field is hit it will generate light.

Accepted SoS's challenge, now we need a ref for this!

Good on you SoS for picking a complicated arena. A simple arena would've been fine...X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)