Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, time to get a couple reffings going:

Maxim and Elevator Music
Njigglypuff and Galladiator ~ were going to go with ASB arena for simplicity, sorry
Zarator and Yarn

send me teams!

also need a ref for:

Dropping my match with Orcinus for my tourny match with Kevin, rules as below, first sendout will be decided by Ref RNG.

4v4 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ
Unlimited Recover/Chills
1 Sub
Items: Training
Abilities: All
Switch: OK
Arena: Ancient Crystal Cave
This arena is an ancient and wonderous place. The central (and only feature) is an ENORMOUS crystal in the center of the arena 20ft above the ground that glows with a special aura. The crystal mimics a random pokemon type, radiaiting that type(which is completly random) the effect of this glow gives any pokemon of the same type a bonus of one rank (1) to all of it's stats while penalizing any pokemon of a opposite type (ie, fire aura weakens grass, bug, steel, ice) the second effect strengthens any attack of the same type by adding +3 to it's BAP(it weakens attacks of the opposite type ie fire aura weakens fire, bug, steel, ice type moves) the aura switches after every round. The arena consists of a fifty(50) foot prefect circle with no walls, the ground itself is marble meaning, No digging! Going outside this 50 foot arena means a 5 hp reduction. and you're teleported directly under the crystal. the lighting is simulated daylight with the execption of dark which completly darkens the field. hopefully i don't get to many questions about this arena(because I hopefully explained it well).

Well, here's my 2k challenge. It may not be a huge blood-fest, but hopefully it will be enjoyable.

You can pick 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 Singles (the larger of these three the better)
5 Recoveries/7 Chills
2 Day DQ
Number of Substitutions: moves on mon being subbed against/20, rounded down
ASB Arena
Items on
Special Rule: the average number of moves per mon you bring must be at least 45. (if you really to take this and your mons aren't quite that well trained, you can VM me I guess, although the more moves the better)
Lord Jesseus already said he'd ref... someone pleeeeeease take this

EDIT: this needs a subref

Sending out a request for a battle!
2v2 Doubles
1 Middlemon 1 FE
2 Recovers 5 Chills
3 Day DQ
1 Substitution
This arena is a doozy.

In a dark, damp cave underneath the Misty Mountains, a strange creature lurks with a treasure beyond compare...Two Trainers have come to battle here, in the hopes of finding it, and using it to their advantage...but its current owner has issues with that...

Arena: Dark, damp cave. Low visibility unless Flash is used. Defog also helps, to a lesser degree. There is a large pond surrounded by rock, and Gollum's makeshift home(as well as The Ring)lie in the center. Gollum's raft is also here, for those who cannot swim. Attacks such as Energy Ball will fail.

Special Conditions: The big draw here is the One Ring. The first battler to reach the center of the pond can use an action to grab the Ring, gaining its powers of invisibility for four actions. The Pokemon can the move as it pleases, as well as attack. Nothing can hit it in this state. The Ring's powers of corruption are incredibly strong, so the Pokemon must take it off and leave it where the Pokemon currently is at that moment. However, the Ring is loath to leave a Master, so the Pokemon will suffer 25 flat damage upon taking it off. This does not cost an action, and the Pokemon will be so terrified of its power that it cannot pick it up again for another eight actions.

Gollum, however, lurks in the area, and is not very happy that two humans and their Pokemon have intruded on his territory. There is an equal chance for each Pokemon that Gollum will deal 15 flat damage at that Pokemon at the end of each round. However, Gollum does NOT like when someone snatches his Precious. He also has superior senses in the area, so it will be a fifty percent chance, with the other half divided among the other Pokemon, that Gollum will strike the wearer of the Ring.

The boat starts out on the players' side of the pond, and it takes an action to paddle/swim across. It is possible for the Ring to fall in the water. If Flash is used, Gollum will be paralyzed by the light and be unable to act that round. For Heat Rock Sunny Day, Gollum will do nothing as long as it is in play.

Any takers?
Sure, I'll take this one.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Sending out a request for a battle!
2v2 Doubles
1 Middlemon 1 FE
2 Recovers 5 Chills
3 Day DQ
1 Substitution
This arena is a doozy.

In a dark, damp cave underneath the Misty Mountains, a strange creature lurks with a treasure beyond compare...Two Trainers have come to battle here, in the hopes of finding it, and using it to their advantage...but its current owner has issues with that...

Arena: Dark, damp cave. Low visibility unless Flash is used. Defog also helps, to a lesser degree. There is a large pond surrounded by rock, and Gollum's makeshift home(as well as The Ring)lie in the center. Gollum's raft is also here, for those who cannot swim. Attacks such as Energy Ball will fail.

Special Conditions: The big draw here is the One Ring. The first battler to reach the center of the pond can use an action to grab the Ring, gaining its powers of invisibility for four actions. The Pokemon can the move as it pleases, as well as attack. Nothing can hit it in this state. The Ring's powers of corruption are incredibly strong, so the Pokemon must take it off and leave it where the Pokemon currently is at that moment. However, the Ring is loath to leave a Master, so the Pokemon will suffer 25 flat damage upon taking it off. This does not cost an action, and the Pokemon will be so terrified of its power that it cannot pick it up again for another eight actions.

Gollum, however, lurks in the area, and is not very happy that two humans and their Pokemon have intruded on his territory. There is an equal chance for each Pokemon that Gollum will deal 15 flat damage at that Pokemon at the end of each round. However, Gollum does NOT like when someone snatches his Precious. He also has superior senses in the area, so it will be a fifty percent chance, with the other half divided among the other Pokemon, that Gollum will strike the wearer of the Ring.

The boat starts out on the players' side of the pond, and it takes an action to paddle/swim across. It is possible for the Ring to fall in the water. If Flash is used, Gollum will be paralyzed by the light and be unable to act that round. For Heat Rock Sunny Day, Gollum will do nothing as long as it is in play.

Any takers?
Sure, I'll take this one.
Ref plz?

Objection's last 1v2 was ... well, it didn't go quite as expected. In order to collect data for the Battle Colosseum, more 1v2s will need to be issued. This is one of them.

1v2 with all mons out at once
The 1 must be a fully-evolved pokemon with at least 35 moves. The 2 must be untrained NFEs.
2 recoveries, 5 chills
3-day DQ

Arena: Strong Badia

A 20ft-by-30ft field with a white picket fence along the edges. There is also a tyre leaning on the fence and a stop sign with graffiti on it leaning on a cinder block. Functionally, it's basically the ASB arena without an external water source.

As this is a test for the Battle Colosseum, the following will be in place:
  • Each pokemon on the team of 2 will have its max HP and max energy reduced by 50%
  • The base attack power of all damaging moves used by the team of 2 is reduced by 50% (after Technician, multi-target reduction and multi-hit hit roll but before all other modifiers)
  • To prevent this from being construed as counter-farming, unless Deck Knight allows counters to be given for this battle, no counters will be given for this battle.

Whoever accepts this battle can decide whether to play as the 1 strong FE or 2 weak NFEs.

Dropping my match with Orcinus for my tourny match with Kevin, rules as below, first sendout will be decided by Ref RNG.

4v4 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ
Unlimited Recover/Chills
1 Sub
Items: Training
Abilities: All
Switch: OK
Arena: Ancient Crystal Cave
This arena is an ancient and wonderous place. The central (and only feature) is an ENORMOUS crystal in the center of the arena 20ft above the ground that glows with a special aura. The crystal mimics a random pokemon type, radiaiting that type(which is completly random) the effect of this glow gives any pokemon of the same type a bonus of one rank (1) to all of it's stats while penalizing any pokemon of a opposite type (ie, fire aura weakens grass, bug, steel, ice) the second effect strengthens any attack of the same type by adding +3 to it's BAP(it weakens attacks of the opposite type ie fire aura weakens fire, bug, steel, ice type moves) the aura switches after every round. The arena consists of a fifty(50) foot prefect circle with no walls, the ground itself is marble meaning, No digging! Going outside this 50 foot arena means a 5 hp reduction. and you're teleported directly under the crystal. the lighting is simulated daylight with the execption of dark which completly darkens the field. hopefully i don't get to many questions about this arena(because I hopefully explained it well).
Need a ref for this pretty pretty please <^.^>

I find the lack of people willing to kick my ass to the curb (well, most likely) in Objections battle colosseum... Disturbing.
If you mean for the 1v2 battle between you and me, Dogfish44 has agreed to ref it.

If you mean 1v2 challenges in general ... well, until we see a proven method of balancing them, I must discourage other people from issuing such challenges, and for the ones I issue, counters will not be given out until I get approval from Deck (which will certainly require proof that the battle was balanced).

Well, I'm back. Someone's gotta graciously n00b it up in here. =]

Open Challenge
3v3 FE Singles w/ <=30 Moves
2 Substitutions
3 Day DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Arena: Glacier Knight's The Ref's Mind
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind:
The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Issuing another Scrapheap Challenge :P

1v1 Singles
DQ Time 2 Days
2 Chills, 1 Recovery
2 Substitutions

The scrap heap looms against the blood-smeared sky, its jagged silhouette betraying its haphazard composition. It is dark, imposing, armoured in discarded, twisted metal and shards of shattered plastic. It is made all the more intimidating by the tiniest details; an eviscerated, threadbare panda with one eye sagging under the weight of a broken washing machine, a faded sofa torn in half and impaled on the spike of a bent fence-post.

Something shifts in the depths, a stressed spoke finally giving out under the immense, constant weight, and there is a crash as the heap shifts, sending a shower of refuse cascading down from its perch atop a precarious peak. In the half-light the beast begins to glow, light flickering from smouldering flames buried deep beneath the rubbish as they belch clouds of noxious smoke. The clanging rustle of collapsing metal dissolves into a discordant, hacking cackle, a humourless acknowledgement of the heap's bitter irony; a monument to consumerism, consuming itself from within.

This is no place to fight. What creature could be sure of its footing with sharp metal beneath every step, and the constant threat of collapse? What could breathe, let alone do battle, amidst the poison in the air? And yet there is no escape. The fence enclosing the yard hums with electricity. There is no choice but to fight or to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)