1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Relados

Relados
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I've encountered the same problem when I'm alt-hopping. Originally I thought it was because I was changing accounts multiple times in a row I was freezing it, but I tried it one isolated time when I hadn't changed in a while and, sure enough, upon hitting the last backspace for the password, it freezes up on me. It only comes off if I sit there for about twenty minutes.

Anyway, hoping that could be looked into.
  2. beast121

beast121

there is no music when I play a match
  3. akela

akela

Are your speakers muted? Is your volume muted? Is PS muted? Is your volume turned down really low? Are your speakers plugged in?

You should really post this in Technical Support. More information is needed to fix this "bug".
  4. EmblemLord

EmblemLord

The HP Bar in the Stats Tab of the Teambuilder appears to have some sort of display bug. Despite having maximum EVs and being of a similar numerical value to another stat, the bar appears much smaller than it should be. It turns the right color (bright green), but it is only about 75% the size of another stat bar with the same number. This is more noticeable if you click on the tab to the EV distribution page.

For example, a 400 HP bar is displayed as roughly the same size as a 280 Attack Bar. This issue appears to be limited to the HP stat only, and the rest of the stat bars display the correct size with the respective numerical values.
  5. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

HP is calculated differently than the other stats (evident with a Pokemon with base 100 stats all around like Victini - 252 HP gives it 404 HP while 252 Attack gives it 299). The HP bar is scaled differently as a result.
  6. EmblemLord

EmblemLord

Thanks for the quick answer. That explains it perfectly.
  7. rickyl4p

rickyl4p

Been having problems recently with the ladder overloading when I win a battle. I play mostly random battles and this is where I have the problems. Is this a bug or is the ladder actually messing up all the time?
  8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

The ladder server is overloaded due to the sheer number of ratings it has to process. PS does, however, update your ranking when the ladder server comes back online, so there is no need to worry about it.
  9. gengarsnemisis

gengarsnemisis

10. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Magic Coat is a move that hits Mew. To be exact, it's a move that surrounds Mew with a protection effect, and it's the protection effect that bounces things off it.

Pressure only affects moves that hit Deoxys directly.
  11. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Facade seems bugged :/
    Code:
    Turn 6
    Mienshao used Strength!
    The foe's Teddiursa lost 15% of its health!
    The foe's Teddiursa fainted!
    Fragment: ALMOST MY ENTIRE TEAM IS WEAK TO FIGHTING
    Fragment sent out Cinccino!
    [B]Turn 7
    The foe's Cinccino used Retaliate!
    Mienshao lost 58% of its health!
    Mienshao used Double Team!
    Mienshao's Evasion rose!
    Turn 8
    The foe's Cinccino used Facade!
    Mienshao lost 42% of its health!
    Mienshao fainted![/B]

it's as strong as boosted retaliate for some reason
    cinccino isn't status'd (the full log can be viewed in my sig, just click on KAKUNA)
  12. jdarden

jdarden Feeling 22
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

As I recall, retaliate isn't implemented yet, and always has a BP of 70. That's the issue, facade is fine.
  13. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

ah ok i see

mienshao damnit y u so frail
  14. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Natural Cure did not cure paralysis once Baton Passed out and in.
    Turn 20
  15. Ernesto

Ernesto is a motionless pedophile
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Hey so this happened in my last match: I was battling a Mienshao, I used Protect to scout what it was gonna do, it chose to Hi Jump Kick and obviously missed. The thing is, the recoil effect activated twice.

Turn 23 has the problem
  16. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

Is Rapid Spin bugged now? When my BH Giratina used Rapid Spin it didn't remove hazards.
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons5907240
    Its on Turn 16.
    I guess its something to do with it being a Ghost-type and I'm guessing this hasn't came up because no Ghost-types learn it.
  17. Nozzle

Nozzle

Double battles are now implemented and this place is going to be flooded with double battle bugs.

This is what i found. Not sure if its a bug but we dont want this happening in the future.
    When the opponent's pokemon with the HP gauge that is above its partner's gets any boosts/drops it overlaps the HP percentage of it's partner so you can't see the excact percentage anymore. I don't know for sure if its one or two different boosts but i saw it when something Close Combat'ed and then the Spdef drop overlaps the HP percentage. I hope it gets fixed.
  18. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

In Double battles, the second Pokemon's item cannot be seen by hovering over it with the mouse. The HP bars are a bit cluttered too.
    EDIT: In addition to these, you can select the other active Pokemon - or yourself - when using U-Turn or Volt Switch. Doubles also lag a ton, but this isn't as pressing of an issue.

That said, HOLY FUCK DOUBLES IS COOL
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesrandombattledev5920409
  19. Dusk209

Dusk209 No relation.
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

In doubles the Pokemon on the right can poison the pokemon on the left with a toxic orb.
  20. ChrisTehAwesome

ChrisTehAwesome

Doubles Bugs

First off, Zoroark. Illusion plays so much hell with doubles its unbelievable. I believe the bug in singles where the icon on the side shows zoroark as not dying is known? Well in doubles if you trigger the same bug it makes one poke on your side appear invisible to the opponent. Sorry I don't have the replay. Also there were shenanigans such as one poke changing into others once zoroark dies. I don't even know what was happening.

Also hp bars are cluttered as someone else mentioned. Perhaps we could have the bars and stat changes only when hovering?

Also stealth rocks don't work on the right pokemon. Don't know if that's a glitch, haven't played doubles on the cartridges.

EDIT: seems like you don't need to trigger the previous glitch, just have zoroark and the poke its disguised as out at the same time.
  21. Elite 4 Maverick

Elite 4 Maverick

I just noticed yesterday that critical hits don't take into account reflect, and probably light screen. My Cloyster was using icicle spear when the opponent had light screen up. 4 of the attacks did 6% or 7% damage. One was a critical hit and did 29% damage. This has happened to me once before, but I didn't think of the reason until yesterday.
  22. Toraen

Toraen

Crits do bypass reflect and light screen though. That's not a bug.
  23. Elite 4 Maverick

Elite 4 Maverick

Yeah, I just looked it up and saw that. My bad.
  24. Gerard

Gerard

I keep getting this

I mean, I would be fine with one or two battles, but it seems like every time I manage to win, if my opponent leaves then I get this, other times when I win, and almost never when I lose, which I guess is bad uck but is getting to me already, any way to at least minimize this erros?
  25. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

The ladder always updates anyway. That message has no effect on your actual ranking, since every battle is counted, even when that message shows up.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)