Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the opponent disconnected, I was unable to make a move and lost the game. I was unable to "claim victory," and the game timed out due to inactivity and I lost.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
terrakion is supposed to have 346 speed with max ev's and iv's with a jolly nature but it only get a maximum of 312
You had no speed iv's. The speed iv's can be zero automatically is the Pokemon previously in that slot was carrying Gyro Ball or Trick Room.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Set a pokemon to level 1 in teambuilder and check the EV spread. you get all sorts of amusing things.
Level 51 posted this one in #Pokemon last night

See if you can tell what's wrong with this picture! (Hint: I had a team of six.)
Format: Balanced Hackmons
Rated battle
Rule: OHKO Clause
Battle between Master Zweilous and Numbuh214 started!
Master Zweilous sent out Shedinja!
Numbuh214 sent out Nyandorus (Landorus-Therian)!
Turn 1
Shedinja used Protect!
Shedinja protected itself!
The foe's Nyandorus used U-turn!
Shedinja protected itself!
Turn 2
The foe's Nyandorus used U-turn!
It's not very effective... Shedinja held on thanks to Sturdy!
Shedinja used Endeavor!
The foe's Nyandorus lost 100% of its health!
EDIT: If you can't, Sturdy Shedinja tricks the game into thinking an attack failed because it did 0 damage; and as a result, what should occur while using the move (in this case, allowing me to switch afterwards) does not.

I don't think that a Garchomp (with base 102 speed) that holds a choice scarf, has a jolly nature (up speed, down special attack), has 252 ev's in speed, and has a x2 speed boost from a baton pass (from 2 turns with Ninjask [used swords dance, they used fire blast (focus sash to survive), then used protect they use u-turn, finally the baton pass]) should be out sped by a Blissey (base 55 speed, I don't know what nature or ev spread, item was a lum berry) and a Jellicent (base 60 speed, still unknown the nature, ev spread, and item). so a recap, a x2 Garchomp was out sped by a Blissey and Jellicent....um i don't think that's how speed works?11

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I don't think that a Garchomp (with base 102 speed) that holds a choice scarf, has a jolly nature (up speed, down special attack), has 252 ev's in speed, and has a x2 speed boost from a baton pass (from 2 turns with Ninjask [used swords dance, they used fire blast (focus sash to survive), then used protect they use u-turn, finally the baton pass]) should be out sped by a Blissey (base 55 speed, I don't know what nature or ev spread, item was a lum berry) and a Jellicent (base 60 speed, still unknown the nature, ev spread, and item). so a recap, a x2 Garchomp was out sped by a Blissey and Jellicent....um i don't think that's how speed works?11
I hope you realize that this is entirely useless information without a replay or log. :(

My guess: Trick Room.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Care to show us a log or replay?

I'm assuming trick room was used

Electro ball's power seems to be affected by Trick Room.

Basically, the following shows what I mean:

Code:
Joltik used Electro Ball!
The foe's Mew lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Mew used Trick Room!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
Turn 6
The foe's Mew used Gyro Ball!
It's not very effective... Joltik lost 6% of its health!
Joltik used Electro Ball!
The foe's Mew lost 10% of its health!
The joltik is slower than Mew, yet gets max power on Electro Ball while trick room is active (however, it gets min power on electro ball when trick room is inactive, as it should) because trick room on PS currently makes all speed values negative.

Gyro ball doesn't have this issue as the negatives you use for Trick room get cancelled out by the division used to calculate gyro ball's power.

I tested this in-game (W2) and I can confirm that Electro ball deals consistent damage regardless of trick room, just because I wanted to be sure this was a bug before reporting it.

As far as I can tell (note that I've never used java script, so I may be making a silly mistake, but this looks right to me), just switch
Code:
			var targetSpeed = target.stats.spe;
			var pokemonSpeed = pokemon.stats.spe;
to
Code:
			var targetSpeed = Math.abs(target.stats.spe);
			var pokemonSpeed = Math.abs(pokemon.stats.spe);
in the definition for electroball in moves.js

Obviously this isn't the biggest deal, as electro ball isn't incredibly common in competitive play, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

The bug is that a Blissey (base speed 55) and Jellicent (base speed 60), out sped my x2 speed, choice scarf, 252 ev's in speed, jolly nature (up speed, down special attack) Garchomp (base speed 102). They did not have a quick claw or any other speed boosting item, moves, or ability, they didnt use priority moves (toxic/hydro pump), and there wasnt a trick room set up.
Slower pkm have been noted to out speed my friends pkm too, such as a politoed (base speed 70) and Gyarados (base speed 81) out speeding his Garchomp. same situation but his chomp wasnt scarfed.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
The bug is that a Blissey (base speed 55) and Jellicent (base speed 60), out sped my x2 speed, choice scarf, 252 ev's in speed, jolly nature (up speed, down special attack) Garchomp (base speed 102). They did not have a quick claw or any other speed boosting item, moves, or ability, they didnt use priority moves (toxic/hydro pump), and there wasnt a trick room set up.
Slower pkm have been noted to out speed my friends pkm too, such as a politoed (base speed 70) and Gyarados (base speed 81) out speeding his Garchomp. same situation but his chomp wasnt scarfed.
I'm sorry, but without a replay or at least a copy/pasted log, there's absolutely nothing I can do about this.

In a situation like this, the best thing you can do is:

1. stay in the room where the bug happened.
2. alert a moderator (who will hopefully contact me on IRC and then I can inspect the active room for the bug)

I think a recent shedinja bug fix caused it to malfunction when used with a focus sash:
This screenshot was taken in a randombat battle, and all relevant information should be explained from the screenshot. Basically, Shedinja came in at full health with a focus sash in tact, and took a single hit and fainted. There were no external hazards or damage factors - it was the second turn of the game, and rain was the only weather up. I started with a Kyogre, and my opponent started with a Mienfoo.

Similarly, I was playing BH when my Shedinja (Sturdy of course) got OHKO'd by an Acrobatics from an Unburden Archeops.
Turn 5
PokermansCoach: Unburden doesn't show a speed boost, does it?
PokermansCoach called Ridley back!
PokermansCoach sent out Pit (Shedinja)!
The foe's Show Starter used Acrobatics!
It's super effective! Pit held on thanks to Sturdy!
Pit lost 100% of its health!
Pit fainted!
The foe's team is no longer protected by Safeguard!
PokermansCoach: Wait what?
Inactive players will forfeit in 90 seconds. (requested by Casual Dude Dan)
PokermansCoach sent out Agent C (Chansey)!
Agent C transformed into Archeops!

i'm not sure if this is a bug, but i think it is. whenever i click something and then click cancel and click another move / pokemon, it still uses the first move that I clicked, and then does the second move on my next turn, without even giving me a chance to select anything. this has screwed me over in a lot of matches, so i figured i would report it in case it can be fixed.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
- I was going to post the Shedinja bug again, but I realised it's already been reported. Here's a nice replay though.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons5428809

- Secondly, as I was browsing the Gen-NEXT data, I found this:
Code:
    magnetbomb: {
        inherit: true,
        basePower: 90
    },
In the changelog, it says that "[p]erfect accuracy moves with a base power of 60 have their base power increased to 80 (physical) or 90 (special)". This means that Magnet Bomb, as a physical move, "should" be 80 base power. Obviously this is up to Zarel in the end, just pointing out this discrepancy. Unless, of course, he made it Special and I didn't notice o_o

- I also noticed these two:
Code:
    needlearm: {
        basePower: 100,
        pp: 10
    },
    attackorder: {
        basePower: 100,
        pp: 10
    },
Although these two moves are edited, they are not mentioned in the changelog. I think.

- I don't know if you meant *all* the 95% accuracy moves would be buffed, because you didn't buff Jump Kick, Air Cutter, Fury Cutter, Crush Claw, String Shot, Razor Leaf, Metal Claw and Snarl. Or maybe you did, and I missed it. :/

- Finally, there's this
Code:
quiverdance: {
        // Quiver Dance is nerfed because Volc
        boosts: {
            spa: 1,
            spe: 1,
            accuracy: 1
        },
        onModifyMove: function(move, user) {
            var GossamerWingUsers = {"Butterfree":1, "Masquerain":1, "Beautifly":1, "Mothim":1};
            if (user.item === 'stick' && GossamerWingUsers[user.template.species]) {
                move.boosts = {
                    spa: 1,
                    spd: 1,
                    spe: 1,
                    accuracy: 1
                };
            }
        }
    },
The changelog mentions that "[t]o prevent Volcarona from shooting into Ubers, [unmodified] Quiver Dance now grants +1 SpD +1 Spe +1 accuracy." However, this is inconsistent with the Quiver Dance data (or so I think. correct me if I'm wrong).

Reference: Changelog and Movelist

Oh nvm Zarel fixed them ty ^_^

I was playing randbats today. I had a Cursed Body Froslass and my opponent had a Slugma, who used Hidden Power on my Froslass:

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to specify the type.

During this siutation my alakazam with magic guard was phazed in by dragon tail and got his by stealth rock (which shouldnt happen) but on top of that the sandstorm didnt hit me which i dont know how this happened?

sidenote i was also paralysed if this has anything to do with broken code or whatever. if this could be looked into it would be appreciated :)

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

During this siutation my alakazam with magic guard was phazed in by dragon tail and got his by stealth rock (which shouldnt happen) but on top of that the sandstorm didnt hit me which i dont know how this happened?

sidenote i was also paralysed if this has anything to do with broken code or whatever. if this could be looked into it would be appreciated :)
Looks like a problem with Mold Breaker (Teravolt and Turboblaze too).

Outrage is stuffing up games, E.G being locked into it makes the game stop working, me and my friend experienced it constantly we both choose a move but when someone is locked into outrage the game wont progress regardless of the fact we both chose our moves.

After the last restart, PS! is telling me that "The Pokemon 'Keldeo-Resolution' doesn't exist." I haven't changed a thing, but suddenly my team(s) are illegal for that reason.

EDIT: Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)