BW2 CAP4 - Playtest Tournament
Hosted by Birkal - Art by Mos-Quitoxe - Huge thanks to the TDs for approving this
The CAP 4 Playtest has officially begun! You can find some more information on it here if you're curious about the CAP4 Playtest ladder. To kick it off, we're going to be hosting a playtest tournament over the next few weeks. This is BW2 OU + CAP4, so it's a pretty similar metagame to what you're used to, just with one extra addition: Aurumoth. It's a Bug / Psychic Pokemon with a concept that is focused on how risk works in competitive Pokemon. It's got some nifty tricks and tools, like Illusion and Quiver Dance, that allow it to make a statement in the tumultuous metagame that is BW2 OU.
- Since CAP4 started in early September, BW2 was a much different metagame. We create our Pokemon a snapshot at the metagame at that time. As a result, Garchomp and Kyurem-B are banned, while Genesect is unbanned for the duration of the tournament.
- Aurumoth is available for this tournament in addition to typical Pokemon allowed within BW2 OU. It is not necessary to put on your team; you could win this tournament without ever putting CAP4 on your team.
- All other CAPs are banned for this tournament. This isn't the CAP metagame, it is simply the current CAP + current OU.
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Wifi Battle Clause. Team preview must be enabled.
- All matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, since Aurumoth is not implemented anywhere else.
- It is advised that you start building your teams during sign-ups to make the tournament run smoother.
- Let me know if you have any questions!
3. Leader Fox
5. Lavos Spawn
13. The Reptile
19. Metal Sonic
20. Level 51
23. Organization Member XIV
35. Princess Bri
51. HeLL SooN
55. Default NNC