Create Your Own Adventure - Comic

I vote for Shinx!

The main protagonist could find it thinking, "oh god, this thing looks so weak" but catching it anyway since he couldn't find anything better. Then he'd end up reluctantly training it and having it evolve into total-badass electric lion. Just my thoughts. :P

Oh, the same could be applied to Ralts (at least if it was male and evolved into Gallade).
I LOVE Chocolate-kipp's mentality for the starter....I think applying that to any starter would be fantastic. .

My vote goes to Growlithe.

Cubone is a close second, but combined with chocolate-kipp's mood setting and my previously mentioned 'man's best friend' attitude of a Growlithe who just wants to make his disappointed owner happy, I think the stage could be set for some powerful storytelling. Therefore, I vote Growlithe.
The main issue I see with this story premise is that with the fainting=death rule in affect it would be difficult to pull off... I couldn't have the starter getting his ass beat a lot @ the beginning to make this premise work well.

Oh! I forgot that I get a vote too! lol

CUBONE

I like the "men's best friend" angle. Could prove interesting in the story.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I will put my vote towards Mawile. This guy needs more love and is often a forgotten pokemon. Toss in the fact that he is Steel type allows him to be "badass" and "gritty", but at the same time somewhat realistic. Plus, I think he's a pretty cool mon (even if he sucks).

Although, if all else fails, I will change it to Cubone (since that was my second vote).

CUBONE has my vote. He's always a very emotional pokemon to begin with and there are so many directions you can go with, especially with the "gritty" angle

The main issue I see with this story premise is that with the fainting=death rule in affect it would be difficult to pull off... I couldn't have the starter getting his ass beat a lot @ the beginning to make this premise work well.
RHYHORN

You can't say it would get its ass beat a lot, because it could bring down pretty much all the other pokemon in the poll, barring Cubone.

First of all, just look at it. It's a freaking boss. Just as badass as Aron, IMO. How can you deny how cool it would be to start out with one of these?

In addition to looking awesome, it turns into a beast called Rhyperior. This could go in with the "maturing with the pokemon" theme that was mentioned earlier.

Here's another reason why eventually having Rhyperior would be great.
"From holes in its palms it fires out Geodude."
That's from it's Pokedex entry. It works with the fainting=dying idea.

I honestly can't think of a better starter than Rhyhorn, and it DEFINITELY deserves to be added to the poll. I can defend it more if you want me to.

Just updating everyone! I got sick of going back to the previous page to update this, lol.

Alright everyone! I think we have had some good input the last couple days and we are now ready to compile a list of all our suggestions and take a vote.

PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!

To limit confusion, and me having to sift through posts to figure out who people are voting for, I will be requiring everyone to follow a specific format for their votes to be considered.

Everyone's posts should look like this example below:

Studio534 said:
POKEMON'S NAME (All CAPS, Bolded and in Red)

Any justification you may want to add for your choice. I really like POKEMON'S NAME because... etc.
To make this process as quick and simple as possible we will limit everyone to just ONE vote. Pick your favorite choice and stand behind it!

Ok... Now for the OFFICIAL LIST OF NOMINEES:

• Aron - 2
  • Azurill
  • Cacnea
  • Cubone - 8
  • Eevee - 1
  • Elekid
  • Growlithe - 3
  • Hippopotas
  • Magby - 1
  • Mawile - 1
  • Psyduck
  • Ralts
  • Rhyhorn - 6
  • Shinx - 2
  • Swinub
  • Togepi - 1
  • Trapinch - 1
I tried to include as many of the nominees as I could, but sticking to my rule of selecting only those that were either repeated or spoken out strongly for this is what we came up with. If I missed any that people feel strongly about just write them in on your ballot.

Thanks everyone! Voting will last for a couple days or until we seem to have a consensus. Feel free to campaign for your choice if you want.

Rhyhorn

Yeah, yeah, I just ditched the Pokemon I nominated, but clearly he's not getting votes (if anyone does want Magby speak up and I'll change), and out of what is getting votes so far Rhyhorn is far and away my favorite.

This sounds awesome, I'll be following.

CUBONE

Reasoning: With a grittier rendition of the Pokemon world, having a Pokemon with a tragic past is quite fitting. He's also got the bone helmet and the bone 'sword' which give him sword of a warrior feel, which aside from being awesome, is fitting for a nuzlocke run (Like compare Cubone to Cacnea or something...If it's a life or death struggle, Cubone seems more appropriate.)

just my 2c

Rhyhorn

Yeah, yeah, I just ditched the Pokemon I nominated, but clearly he's not getting votes (if anyone does want Magby speak up and I'll change), and out of what is getting votes so far Rhyhorn is far and away my favorite.
HECK YEAH!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, here's more reason for Rhyhorn:

In a grittier world where pokemon struggle to survive, it would be cool to have a pokemon that has hopes and dreams just like the Trainer.
In the same way that Bagon "always wanted to fly", Rhyhorn always wanted to walk upright.

It could work.

Growlithe! Definitely. It´s cool and I really like the ideas about it, that were mentioned above.

Arcanine is also absolute badass-ness(lol).

I'm going to go with EEVEE, only because he gives a good representation of anyone's life. You have a baseline, and then multiple, very different choices of which way your life could go, and you choose which way it goes.
Everyone, let's vote for EEVEE.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Watching from the sides, Rhydon looks like it needs some love. Definitely gets my vote. And great idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)