1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

gotta love advertisements

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by locopoke, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Pre-Contributor

I had to google it to know what it meant (when I first saw it), and I've been playing mons since I was 5.
  2. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I heard quite the opposite
  3. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You're a smart man, Vader!
    Nugget Bridge doesn't call the way Smogon does things scrubby. I do and have done so since a year or two before you joined the site. It's no secret that I don't feel that what many of your upper staff call "the most important thing that Smogon does" to be in line with standard competitive gaming philosophy.

Although I didn't base that line off post numbers, you would be correct for the 2012 season. Nugget Bridge was launched around the second last event of the season. You are very incorrect for the 2013 season.

Anyway, I diagree with the topic title. Bring back Evony and gay dating sites. Those are Smogon's true calling.
  4. coolbiz

coolbiz

I don't understand that statement at all for a Pokemon site..
    Explanation?
  5. evan

evan I did my best -- I have no regrets
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's what every trainer on Nugget Bridge says after you defeat them.

Also "competitive" means Nintendo's official competitive ruleset, not custom rules, and "active" refers to current activity, not past activity.

I also miss Evony and Muslim Dating.
  6. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

too much [​IMG]
  7. Birkal

Birkal CAW
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor Leader

/me tickle ogles

I wasn't referring to the VGC 2013 season at all; just past statistics. I agree that the future is largely undecided and that NB is definitely doing some things right. Sorry for the confusion~

Not really interested in continuing this conversation because a) I have nothing at stake here and b) the future will tell what works and what doesn't. But what do I know, I guess I am just one scrubby member of a community of scrubs =/
  8. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

the cow's brains are in fact the tastiest part of a cow, the potential threat of mad cow disease is a fair trade off
  9. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

advertising on game faq forums. fantastic
  10. PttP

PttP Shoutout to the sidewalk for keeping me off the streets
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

so is this thread just firestorm being a cranky old hag who obviously cares a bit too much about a site he "dislikes"

this makes me happy
  11. Minwu

Minwu

You guys are all nerds. My site's the most competitive.
  12. Byrne

Byrne

I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK GOODNESS Firestorm doesn't have mods anymore <_____________<
  13. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I was referring to the thread...

btw you guys are falling right into locopoke's trap. js
  14. Ninahaza

Ninahaza You'll always be a part of me
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

i discovered Vader through advertising from Solace
  15. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Agreeing with Phil, very weird for them to quote Synre's leaving speech in their advertisements. There's got to be a better/more inspiring message/less confusing message to send new VGC enthusiasts. Synre! jump in on my marketing class
  16. tape-type

tape-type

just as planned

also i actually had never noticed the 4 trainers of NB said that, i thought it was only the last one

also im thoroughly offended you called it "wanna-be bear archetype"
  17. kd24

kd24 lemme just whip my dick out and slam it on the table
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

nuggetbridge.com: We're a group dedicated to evil using Pokemon! Want to join?

i did my best i have no regrets is what someone says after they lose :/. have us join the winning side with my slogan
  18. Ninahaza

Ninahaza You'll always be a part of me
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

man i just realized how good a post this would have been to close this thread with, but i was just too weak. man, when will i be strong....like vader...
  19. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

looks like things are back to normal
  20. Improbability

Improbability

Why is this even a thread?
  21. Woodchuck

Woodchuck you spin mine head right round right round
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

dem targeted ads
  22. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

lmfao

mostly at firestorm

but also at iconic's post

edit:

also can you BELIEVE macle infracted this most i mean LOL
  23. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's the site's slogan because that's how we want our players to behave - not like Smogon's tournaments subforum. It's also catchy and can be used as a line in many situations. That's why it's also on the heading as shown in screenshots earlier in the thread and on our t-shirts.

I would like to luvdisc iconic's post
  24. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The Nugget Bridge spam bots are my favorite. They always find really creative ways to incorporate their advertisement into their post.
  25. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Why would Macle infract in a forum he doesn't mod? For shame boy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)