Harry Potter Mafia II - Post-game Discussion

The one you got wrong wound up to be your downfall MUAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway I really wanted to post "Near, It's my win!" after Zenigame was killed... too bad Hip and Pory were autokilled. I felt like Kira, except I was killing off innocent people and protecting myself and Melon. Luckily I did not wind up like the anime/manga Kira...

I did get lucky, and I hope I can work with whatever faction I am with the next mafia game. I dont like to sit back and do nothing obviously. Plus I can clearly formulate some good plans, and find mafia (although they were fairly obvious when they posted)

Also I messed up the last few days... I acted like a DE and I realize it now... luckily I can get better next game.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
he killed me cause im crafty in general i doubt his goal that night was to kill a useless ministry worker when there are much more important things out there...

thats what sucked about this game, in the end it was for the most part a bunch of "new" people while the awesome people all were huge targets at the beginning. That sucks :(

Well the bigger more experienced players would have always been targeted first, as they are more knowledgeable and would present a bigger threat.

I think you were targeted due to a short list on who next to kill, and because BK had experience of you, t'was the best way forward.

I tried to get GTS killed taken out quite alot early on, believing he was just a ministry, little did I know he would turn out to be Dolores.

So Jackal, was I a suspected DE?

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
to be honest i think with you it was just like "ok we are out of ideas"...ok who posts the most in the thread, then we checked the "who posted" thing and you had the most posts so we killed you. iirc thats how it happened.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
man me and ck were tearing shit up until overzealous thunderpup had to no-consult kill me. it's funny; the only reason i started to work with him was because i told him my role n1 when i thought i was gonna get lynched.

nuts.

Nice game guys, I was watching the whole time. By the end, I seriously suspected Kira as being Death Eater due to him changing his story about the second inspector and the fact that he never found any Death Eaters. I can't wait for GP's mafia.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Eh fuck you jackal. I had no information to work with at all, and Kira said a lot of ridiculous shit, but I had to weigh that against the fact that I had to trust toothache.

It's not like everyone else who was still alive wasnt as suspicious as fuck anyway.

I mean, its not like I hadnt considered the possibility Kira could be mafia..

Have a nice day.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
i'd like to use this thread to come out as team galactic. we were going to win, as well, since we had a +3 gap on TR, and I knew who the rest of TR was, and since all the good guys were inactive. So, congratulations to Team Galactic. We capture Ho-oh.

Also, this game was awesome too.

I can't believe the Ministry fell for my ploy about Hairyama... I actually named him as my fellow Death Eater, so that they would trust me more.
Also, I love the part where i said CK was the one i PMed, when i was actually talking to Thunderpup. He got so angry, that i decided it would be safer to not even talk at all :P

Edit: For Pokemon mafia, i was kinda screwed, as i was the leader of Team Rocket, and i had no idea who anyone was. None of my teammates were actually active, and there was nothing i could do, except aim random people.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Damn, how did they know???
I figured out your role D1.

I blame my dying on me not being active enough (I know, sounds absurd, but wait until I explain). Several Ministry decided not to vote for aamto because I just said "Hey vote for him I'm about to die!". I should have worked harder to convince them that aamto was, in fact, a DE, and thus they would be vindicated in their vote.

Moreover, I was too... oblique in some of my references. For instance, when I figured out your role, CardsOfTheHeart, I obviously PMed Fudge with this information (I figured out a few roles D1, I don't remember all of them). However, I also PMed you, and I blame my death in part on not being open enough. In my PM to you, I said something like "blah blah blah we are related blah blah blah". I should have just come out and said "Hey Fred! Or is it George!? I can never tell you two apart."

I can't really comment on much on the rest of the game because I didn't follow it after I died.

I don't think I was "too active" to stay alive, either. My reasoning was that I was going to be dead by around n3, anyway, so I would need to get as much information by then as possible. I believe that if I had played my cards a bit better, I could have survived longer.

actually aamto
I did consult dak, who said "it doesn't sound like a bad idea"
CK never told anyone else who his contact was and wasn't online at all.
and I was running out of time
mekkah asked me to give out the kill for the night
so I just went with it.

I'm pretty glad I killed you though
even if you and ck just bitched and bitched over it

edit: amelia we didn't fall for it one bit
in fact we KNEW he was student
I sold you out to tooth
ahahahaha

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
moral of the story: always vote with obi. unless he's evil. which he always is...wait a minute... :D

edit: thunderpup's a little bitch and i should've killed him instead of shiney. so much for being nice. also damn shiney for always being my mafia bitch.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah, here it is. I checked my PM box, and I found this:

To: CardsOfTheHeart

"However, I suspect our goals might be more "related" than you are letting on."

Here's another PM I sent to Thunderpup:

karrot said:
I know who Hermione Granger is. Last night she researched Neville Longbottom in an attempt to try to get some information that could help her get his trust and build up Dumbledore's Army. We're working as a duo to retrieve as much information about the game as possible.
He is Neville or Hermione. Check the bolded part. That was an accidental slip on his part.

I was considering Kira as mafia due to waffling, but I couldn't come out against him. The reason for this is that Kira at times wasn't voting for me. I was in a crunch for votes, and thus my only hope was to squeeze votes wherever I could by hoping that the Death Eaters were split up somehow. I was thinking that there would be a group with Voldemort and a group with Malfoy. This is why I couldn't be too persuasive in the thread about aamto being DE. If I convinced people of that, then the split-up Death Eaters wouldn't vote for him, and would thus obviously vote for me. This is why I wish I had stepped up my "aamto is DE" talks in PM. When Kira eventually didn't vote (or maybe he voted for me? I don't remember), I had it at fairly likely that he was mafia of some sort, with a large split toward DE over ministry (we were missing one ministry group at the end of D1, I think... we had the rest for sure, and one person we suspected of being the last).

Now that I know there is no Neville, it seems bizarre that karrot could possibly "accidentally" reveal that he is either Hermione or Neville.

edit: amelia we didn't fall for it one bit
in fact we KNEW he was student
I sold you out to tooth
ahahahaha

Lol. No wonder he suddenly pointed out against me.
Then again, that time i had already lost my head since Gorm died, so i decided to betray the Ministry as well.
Thanks for telling Tooth about me though, if you stabbed me in the night i wouldn't have been able to tell about CK.

The moment aamto told me he was killing Shiney (this was on IRC) CaptKirby said in the main chat that if he was mafia, he would kill Shiney. I thought he was framing him, but looking back on it that isn't logical since they were best buddies.

Obi said:
(we were missing one ministry group at the end of D1, I think... we had the rest for sure, and one person we suspected of being the last).
Your reunion was quick but not THAT quick. As far as I know CaptKirby PMed a bunch of doodles he liked that he was Ministry and found a DE, some Students and Dak (Ministry), and gsumbreon's group got a letter. akuchi's group was left in the dark for a while and Jackal's group was "there" but not actually trusted. Thunderpup apparently didn't feel like sharing info in fear of a spy (a rumor you made up yourself - nice one guys, evan and I were laughing our asses off), so they just considered Jackal Ministry for the time being but otherwise he and the the two randoms he was teamed with (sorry guys but you are) wouldn't be kept informed much.

Also Kira, I think you're confusing Pim (Student) with Pat (Lucius Malfoy).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)