Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Shouldve thought of that. I just really hate the GTS, because for every decent trade I find, there is like 20 others asking for articunos and stuff lol.
You can filter now. Should be even more useful once you can shove your rares in the Pokebank and remove them from the "filter by things you own" setting.

Can someone explain suspect testing to me? Currently there is a call for a ban on Kangaskhanite and they're talking about suspect testing it. I read the posts on suspect testing but I still don't fully understand it. Can someone explain it to me like I'm five?

Does destiny knot or everstone affect the gender ratios? Or have I just been really unlucky with six straight female Arons when I want a male? (Serebii says Aron is 50/50).

Wasn't really talking about hacking perfect mons and such, just being able to set encounters to a specific mon so I can just catch a regular, random natured/ived cyndaquil or whatever and then trade it over into the pokebank so I can use it in a playthrough of X. But ok, thanks for the answer.
If you're just looking for dex completion, then look around the wifi forum and someone will help you out

About Pokémon Bank:
Can we pay the annual fee with money from a Nintendo eShop card?
Also, if somebody's 3DS became unusable (or was soon to be unusable), would the person who owned it lose access to their Pokémon Bank account?

About Pokémon Bank:
Can we pay the annual fee with money from a Nintendo eShop card?
Also, if somebody's 3DS became unusable (or was soon to be unusable), would the person who owned it lose access to their Pokémon Bank account?
from what I understand, it can sync with multiple carts. It may be able to work with multiple 3DS games but we just don't know until it releases on that count.

No clue about the eShop card.

"Some new details:

• Multiple games can use the same account, dependent on your Nintendo Network ID
  • Regardless of region you may use any Pokémon X or Y copy on any 3DS to access Bank
  • Pokémon ARE at risk of being deleted forever if your trial or annual subscription concludes"
Top point is relative. And pretty sure you can swap ds's via transfering data/the fact you can probably maintain your Nintendo id between system.

Edit: Whoops forgot to quote, referring to posts above talking about Bank

"Some new details:

• Multiple games can use the same account, dependent on your Nintendo Network ID
  • Regardless of region you may use any Pokémon X or Y copy on any 3DS to access Bank
  • Pokémon ARE at risk of being deleted forever if your trial or annual subscription concludes"
Top point is relative. And pretty sure you can swap ds's via transfering data/the fact you can probably maintain your Nintendo id between system.

Edit: Whoops forgot to quote, referring to posts above talking about Bank
Oh thank god. Now I have a place to dump unwanted eggs

Speaking of the bank... apparently the transferred mons can't be used in battle spot, and for most purposes aren't considered legal. Where does this information come from? Should I just ignore it as a rumour?

It's really sad having multiple tutor moves essentially erased.

EDIT: Seeing the new official trailer for the Pokébank, it appears to have transferred mons (and they have to be, because some were legendaries) in a multiplayer battle, so they might actually be usable. Don't know where this "can't use in rating battles" came from though.

Last edited:
Speaking of the bank... apparently the transferred mons can't be used in battle spot, and for most purposes aren't considered legal. Where does this information come from? Should I just ignore it as a rumour?

It's really sad having multiple tutor moves essentially erased.

EDIT: Seeing the new official trailer for the Pokébank, it appears to have transferred mons (and they have to be, because some were legendaries) in a multiplayer battle, so they might actually be usable. Don't know where this "can't use in rating battles" came from though.
That was just a rumour, and people speculating onwhat the pentagon means. We don't know much informaion right now so we'll just have tough it out for 2 more weeks.

Or maybe they were getting confused with the upcoming vgc rules that only allow kalos pokemon AFAIK

Based on Sycamore saying that I was exposed to some of the energy, am I invincible? Also was Lysandre hit by the weapon before he died?

Not sure if I should ask here or not... (highlight to read)

Lord Ghetsis
(Highlight)
It's implied that the full power of the beam makes you like AZ - unaging, but probably not completely invincible. However, you didn't get struck with the FULL power of the beam, so it's probably a weaker effect on you. Gain a century or something. Lysandre, IIRC, DID get hit with full power, and so is now immortal and completely trapped. Talk about a fate worse than death.

Based on Sycamore saying that I was exposed to some of the energy, am I invincible? Also was Lysandre hit by the weapon before he died?

Not sure if I should ask here or not... (highlight to read)
Lord Ghetsis
(Highlight)
It's implied that the full power of the beam makes you like AZ - unaging, but probably not completely invincible. However, you didn't get struck with the FULL power of the beam, so it's probably a weaker effect on you. Gain a century or something. Lysandre, IIRC, DID get hit with full power, and so is now immortal and completely trapped. Talk about a fate worse than death.
(Highlight)

You're kinda immortal anyway aren't you? GameFreak hasn't figured out how to program the player in any age above 10.

I got that Calme/Serena were supposed to be 15 or 16 or so? Going by the Looker subplot, where Emma is about your age and established as 16.

It's somewhat vague as to what exactly happens to either you or Lysandre in the X-version. He could have been crushed before the energy of the Ultimate Weapon hit him, in which case, he died like in Y. Which is fair dark enough for a Pokémon game - in Y, he's actually the first main character to actually die.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
You guys do realize you can talk quite freely in here without worrying about spoilers?

People come in here at their own risk, that's why there is a Spoilers Tag on the thread itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)