Lucario

Fighting + Ghost is unresisted coverage, so NP Lucario is actually good, though it has to use a weaker priority move in the form of Vacuum Wave.
Yes, Fight + ghost is unresisted, its just that it cant hit some pokemon hard enough (e.g. Gyrados).
I agree that NP lucario is good and has it niches, but I would say SD lucario is better.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lucario can probably win shandera by using agility on the switch and crunch it to death
Agility Luke has that monumental opportunity cost working against it, being that you're not using SD Luke, and if you haven't had the chance to set up, it still dies to Shandera.

Also, luring Shandera is just the easiest thing to do in this metagame. It's on almost every team, it checks everything, and if your opponent sees Nattorei, Forretress, or basically any other Steel type, expect them to bring it out as soon as possible. Regardless of what it does, it is consummate Pursuit bait. Running Shed Shell on Forretress and Nattorei as well as packing a Pursuiter that resists Overheat usually does the trick.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SJCrew hits the mark there. I've killed way too many Shanderaa on DW to really be fair.

If SkamTar was excellent in 4th Gen, it is even more golden in 5th gen DW. >_>

For those using Shanderaa, if you don't see Leftovers recovery on that Forry/Nattorei/Skarm, my suggestion would be to immediately switch out or use Hidden Power Fighting (if you have it). At the very least use Substitute >___>

Or Energy Ball, that could get the 2KO on some pursuit users like T-tar. Besides, my Espeon's my switch-in for those three. Magic Mirror FTW :D

As for Lucario, am I the only one that thinks a double-boost mix set could be viable? SD/NP/CC/SB.

Or Energy Ball, that could get the 2KO on some pursuit users like T-tar. Besides, my Espeon's my switch-in for those three. Magic Mirror FTW :D

As for Lucario, am I the only one that thinks a double-boost mix set could be viable? SD/NP/CC/SB.
Lucario doesn't get EB, even if it did, it's meh.

Also, Double boosting isn't needed(nor you have time for it anyway), when you can just basically sweep with either offense with its corresponding booster.

If you're even going to attempt double boosting, one of those would have to be agility. lucario's average speed is outsped by many scarfed pokemon, so it would either be killed or forced to switch.

Lucario would find a hard time to double boost with its 70/70/70 defences

Lucario is, however, a great baton pass receiver with its insane movepool. Its better to let others do the double boosting and pass it to lucario. Lucario definitly needs its 4 attacking slots instead of 2

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think some of you guys were way too quick to discount Lucario's NP set. Are you aware of the kind of coverage Vacuum Wave has, plus STAB and Lucario's higher Sp. Att? Not worrying about Burn just give you one more target to set up on, like Burungeru, Vaporeon, etc.

Lucario's usage has been borderline UU by 4th Gen standards. I'm pretty sure he'd be at least mid OU if you've seen some of the awesome sweeps I get with him. ;) It's actually not even that different from SD in that regard, ha ha.

Lucario would find a hard time to double boost with its 70/70/70 defences

Lucario is, however, a great baton pass receiver with its insane movepool. Its better to let others do the double boosting and pass it to lucario. Lucario definitly needs its 4 attacking slots instead of 2
How is lucario not outclassed by metagross in bp recieving? Luke is weak to mach punch, has worse defence, and its best move lowers def and spD. Meta isnt weak to any priority, can raise its att, has all the coverage it needs and has better defences then luke.

I think some of you guys were way too quick to discount Lucario's NP set. Are you aware of the kind of coverage Vacuum Wave has, plus STAB and Lucario's higher Sp. Att? Not worrying about Burn just give you one more target to set up on, like Burungeru, Vaporeon, etc.

Lucario's usage has been borderline UU by 4th Gen standards. I'm pretty sure he'd be at least mid OU if you've seen some of the awesome sweeps I get with him. ;) It's actually not even that different from SD in that regard, ha ha.
No way~lucario was OU last gen and he was like in the 12 place....

If all lucario counters/checks have gone then of course he could sweep effectively. Lucario was a late game cleaner and he always will be.

How is lucario not outclassed by metagross in bp recieving? Luke is weak to mach punch, has worse defence, and its best move lowers def and spD. Meta isnt weak to any priority, can raise its att, has all the coverage it needs and has better defences then luke.
Don't forget Clear Body ^^

But on the other side of the coin, Luke is a way better recipient for SpA boosts, and Lucario's SE coverage on the physical side puts Metagross's to shame. Plus its access to ExtremeSpeed lets it to kill priority revengers. Lucario would be a ballsier BP recipient, while Metagross would be more reliable.

Certainly both have their merits; the better question would be how you'd baton pass at all with all the Mischievous Heart Taunts and Encores running around....

i still uselucario on my mono fighting team its a great special sweeper and the only fighting type that can add that to his great movepool and you he has a spot in ou for at least untill they come up with another fighting special sweeper

The problem with MH is they are book reading predictable. So BP from something that uses bulk like those cheap(why is it called cheap i never know) Gliscor Metagross can still work. The only MH user that i find very dangerous is sableye due to burn, rcover, and trick. The biggest problem with BP is homever Desukan. Massive defense + haze say hi.

with mp running rampant i think luke is somehow dead this gen

I am in love with his Nasty Plot set. Perfect coverage with two moves with room for a priority against Doryuzzu. Plus his typing gives him plenty of opportunities to set up.

i dont think he packs the power for this gen
plus a fighting weakness
hes really been hit hard by this gen
you kidding? Agility, SD, and NP with access to vaccum wave, opponents will have no idea whats going to happen once lucario gets in! with so many options and a great movepool, lucario is the face of unpredictability.
sure he has a few more downfalls this gen, but its advantages even it out (if it does not make him greater).

I was having great sucess with SD Lucario but I thought I'd try and NP set to mix things up and its been working even better.

The number of free turns you get due to things like physical walls switching in or people using WoW on Lucario are a lot greater than with an SD set. The fact you can power through Blissey is just great.

For the same reason's Luke isn't outclassed normally, Close Combat, Extremespeed, etc. You won't always be pulling of a BP either so choosing a mon that fits your team is more important than picking someone who functions well at +2.

I always like Metagross better though
Lucario almost always runs close combat and extremespeed
but hes so slow
choice scarfed flygon kills him easy
its amazing when people try to predict the earthquake
switch to a skarmory but i used fire blast instead

I always like Metagross better though
Lucario almost always runs close combat and extremespeed
but hes so slow
choice scarfed flygon kills him easy
its amazing when people try to predict the earthquake
switch to a skarmory but i used fire blast instead
Its Sp. Atk is higher than its attack, so people should be using vaccum wave, NP, aura sphere, and shadow ball, which is a good set for luke IMO. both luke and metagross have agility, and like I said before, luke has more options and is still unpredictable. after an agility, luke outspeeds scarfgon.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Modest, Inner Focus
252 SpAtk, 6 SpDef, 252 Speed
~ Aura Sphere
~ Vacuum Wave
~ Shadow Ball
~ Nasty Plot!
Why run with Shadow Ball if I can run Dragon Pulse, or better, Dark Pulse?

I mean, Blissey die in laguhs from Shadow Ball, meanwhile nothing is inmmune to Dark Pulse.

SB and DP have the same coverage, both DR outclases SB for the immunities.

Why run with Shadow Ball if I can run Dragon Pulse, or better, Dark Pulse?

I mean, Blissey die in laguhs from Shadow Ball, meanwhile nothing is inmmune to Dark Pulse.

SB and DP have the same coverage, both DR outclases SB for the immunities.
What suicidal Blissey(chanseys better anyway) would switch into lucario!? Can't special versions 2hko?
I do agree that dark pulse is better,toxicroak? Who gives a flying fuck!? Dragon pulse....well it dies give really good coverage with fighting and it's stronger,bad super effective coverage through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)