Lucario

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You'll probably want a Scarfed Krookodile, Scarfed Tyranitar, or CB Weavile. NP Lucario gets checked pretty hard by faster Flying types, and the Lati twins will ruin your sweep every time. Krookodile has the pleasure of being immune to Electric, which means Thundurus won't get that Twave off before it dies, Weavile has STAB Ice for Gliscor and Landorus, and Tyranitar is Tyranitar. Pursuit users that can check Flying types are the way to go.

SJCrew

Not for NP Luke. +2 Aura Sphere easily OHKOs Swampert and Hippowdon while Conkeldurr takes +2 Vacuum Waves like a bitch. The only Ground types he really has any trouble with are Gliscor and Landorus, who are also part Flying. It's certainly harder to beat offensive teams with NP Luke, since they always tend to have at least two or three good checks for him, but slower defensive teams have immense trouble with him.

i always seem to have trouble setting up with luke....hes just so frail that any attack basically hurts. any suggestions?

but then dont you lose out on the power given by LO? (i mean. im not really sure how important the LO boost is but since all the luke sets HAVE an LO im assuming that the LO increase is at least somewhat significant)

I mean it depends. Sometimes balloon can allow you to get up an extra sd/np, which would greatly increase the power over lo, whereas sometimes it won't do you much good in which case it would be more beneficial to run lo. It really all depends on how your team is built and the kinds of opportunities your team can create to get Luc to set up.

I wouldn't say it allows an "extra" boost at all, but the free switch-in is always nice, as is the lack of recoil from using moves.

I've been using Cheer Up Lucario as an end-game sweeper on my Sandstorm team, and it works pretty well. Its amazing movepool is what lets this thing shine though.

I find one of the biggest problems with Life Orb is that weak attacks and Will-o-Wisp are some of the best moves to setup on, meaning you only get a few turns of sweeping with LO due to the recoil.

Well that all depends on how many SDs/NPs you get in.

+2 is doing a lot more than 1.3x, but +2 with LO is doing almost as much as +4.

SJCrew

I've been using Cheer Up Lucario as an end-game sweeper on my Sandstorm team, and it works pretty well. Its amazing movepool is what lets this thing shine though.
What's Work Up doing for you that NP or SD aren't? A +2 in either stat spells death for most walls, while Extremespeed is the best cleaner there is. Also, what set are you trying to use?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i always seem to have trouble setting up with luke....hes just so frail that any attack basically hurts. any suggestions?
Well, -2 Latios is a huge opening since Draco Meteor only does around 44%. Ferrothorn is the most common Pokemon in the game and can't do much besides Leech Seed which doesn't cause you any inconvenience at all if you're killing something every turn. If you're sure that Tyranitar is choiced then you'll often be able to get a free set-up out of him at some point. Same for Scizor, although two consecutive CB Bullet Punches hurt.

If that's not good enough, team him up with something to make his life a little easier like a Dual-Screen Pokemon or Erufuun.

I've determined the SD set is pretty naff though. Garchomp is common as all hell and serves as a great check, Doryuuzu and Terrakion are always kept in reserve till very late game so it's difficult to lure them out, Gliscor is super-common and running Ice Punch leaves you exposed against the similarly common Jellicent and Reuniclus. Quite effective against Rain teams though if they're not packing Gyarados.

Yeah, because Life Orb directly multiplies damage dealt it scales with your boosts so +2 with LO is stronger than +3 without.

Against slower things it doesn't make a lot of difference, but against faster things and things that might resist Extremespeed/Bullet Punch/Vacuum Wave, having extra power to KO is a big deal.

iv found that a lum berry lucario actually works decently. You switch into something like nattorei when its setting up spikes, NP while it tries to Twave, lum berry takes care of status and you're set to sweep with no annoying parahax!

iv found that a lum berry lucario actually works decently. You switch into something like nattorei when its setting up spikes, NP while it tries to Twave, lum berry takes care of status and you're set to sweep with no annoying parahax!
Very few Ferrothorns run t-wave these days, due to better options and the fact that it makes his gyro ball weaker.

And anyway, you shouldn't be using a Lum Berry on a sweeper that relies on weak priority like NP Lucario. It needs the LO to do good damage. Its better to scout for status moves in the early game.

These sets are UNBELIEVABLY gimmicky but I figure I'd post them.

Physical Priority Abuser
Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: doesn't really matter, justified is the only useful one if a female DW Lucario or Riolu is ever released
Adamant
252 HP / 252 atk / 4 def
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Mach Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Mixed Priority Abuser
Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: same thing as physical
Naughty / Rash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 atk / 252 sp atk
- Work Up
- Bullet Punch
- Vacum Wave
- ExtremeSpeed

Very basic idea, set up as may SDs or work ups as possible and spam priority.

Physical Priority Abuser
Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: doesn't really matter, justified is the only useful one if a female DW Lucario or Riolu is ever released
Adamant
252 HP / 252 atk / 4 def
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Mach Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
I got some bad news for you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)