Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

forgive me for sounding like a complete noob but how do you find your frame when your in a cave trying to capture a timid lugia?

advance the frame to one before the target, go into room, surf, and talk to lugia. There shouldn't be any extra frame advancements because of walking or whatever

...at least that's what worked for me when I did it, lol

I'm RNGing a female combee and I can't get the correct number of flips and I'm hitting my time and delay

Frame: 463

Honey Tree says that it's a monster frame of 2. So is it 463-2= 461, and then 230 flips and walk up to the tree?

EDIT: What could I be doing wrong?

I'm RNGing a female combee and I can't get the correct number of flips and I'm hitting my time and delay

Honey Tree says that it's a monster frame of 2. So is it 463-2= 461, and then 230 flips and walk up to the tree?
Would be easier if you have one roamer. In my experience I didn't get accurate results when using steps to advance my frame.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm attempting wild captures for the first time and I'm a bit confused.

ID: 11111
SID: 56555
Seed: 9f140a89
Frame: 30
Shiny, Calm, 30 / 29 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31

I'm shooting for a Wobuffet, which "should" be in the right encounter slot for frame 30 here in Dark Cave (Blackthorne Entrance) IIRC.

Saved in the cave with a dead syncher in front and my catcher in slot 2. Hit my seed (verified by roamers and the wobuffet I caught). Two roamers out(started on F3 then). Called Youngster Joey exactly 25 times (should have moved me to F28). Sweet Scented with Bulbasaur while on my bike in the cave (should have brought me to F30, my target).

But this wobuffet popped up:
non shiny
Calm
6 / 24 / 12 / 2 / 29 / 29
This spread appears on Frames 54, 56, 58, 66, 72, on and on...
Not sure what happened here. I suppose I could just hit my seed again and sweet scent and see what frame that gets me.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

[EDIT]
BAHAHAHAHHAHA
Joey advances by two. I swore it was 1! My bad. :3 Now to go get the elm calls lined out so I can do advances of 1. hahahahah

[IDIEDIT]
Or, apparently SSing on a bike is +1 so... hit seed (at F3), do 13 Joey Calls (moved to F29), then SS on bike (+1 apparently) should get me to F30.

yup, that was it
total nobsackery

I'm trying to generate a seed in time finder to get a pokemon with hidden power fire. I've been using the correct IV's (which is 31,30,31,30,31,30) and I can't seem to generate any seeds with lower frames (I keep getting seeds with frames around 60..). I keep trying to change the year and month, but that doesn't seem to help. My min/max frames are at 15/70 and my min/max delays are at 495/700. The only box I have checked is HGSS inheritance. Can someone help me out here?

EDIT: What could I be doing wrong?
To start, it would be 463-2=461. To get you to an even frame, take 128 steps with 5 party members to advance 5 frames. Make sure you finish right in front of the tree. 461-5=456/2=228 journal flips. So to summarize, take 128 steps with 5 in your party, and then do 228 journal flips. Of course you would have to make sure you're in an area without NPCs or with NPCs that you can battle to stabilize.

Edit: Oh, and make sure you're not doing this in grass or anything as any movements you make in grass will advance the frame.

To start, it would be 463-2=461. To get you to an even frame, take 128 steps with 5 party members to advance 5 frames. Make sure you finish right in front of the tree. 461-5=456/2=228 journal flips. So to summarize, take 128 steps with 5 in your party, and then do 228 journal flips. Of course you would have to make sure you're in an area without NPCs or with NPCs that you can battle to stabilize.
Ok, thank you. I will do that now

EDIT: Thank you riddlinkid, it worked perfectly

I'm trying to generate a seed in time finder to get a pokemon with hidden power fire. I've been using the correct IV's (which is 31,30,31,30,31,30) and I can't seem to generate any seeds with lower frames (I keep getting seeds with frames around 60..). I keep trying to change the year and month, but that doesn't seem to help. My min/max frames are at 15/70 and my min/max delays are at 495/700. The only box I have checked is HGSS inheritance. Can someone help me out here?
Breeding I presume? A frame of 60 isn't horrid to be honest. I don't see why you can't generate something lower, but *shrugs* just use the radio to advance your frame. In general, frame advancements in HG/SS isn't such a pain, haha.

If you have flawless parents' it also makes the search much easier. If you don't, it could be a potential reason why.

Has anyone been able to catch trophy garden pokemon with an encounter slot of 7?
Yeah, first you have to get the guy to put your target pokemon in the garden. Then, set the clock to 23:59 and let the day roll over in game. Talk to him again, and he'll put a new pokemon in the garden, save. Now your target should be on slot 7 while the new one will take slot 6. Then you can change the date/time as needed, just don't let the time roll over again to a new day or your target will no longer be in the garden and you'll have to do it over again.

Hey Guys, I would like to learn how to rng breed an Eevee.
Ok. Have you read over the guides? Since you already completed an RNG catch the breeding part should make since now. The only difference is having to get a useable egg(nature,ability,gender,shinyness) and the NPCs.(there are some when catching too, but since you caught heartran there was none)

Ok. Have you read over the guides? Since you already completed an RNG catch the breeding part should make since now. The only difference is having to get a useable egg(nature,ability,gender,shinyness) and the NPCs.(there are some when catching too, but since you caught heartran there was none)
Well... I probably didn't yet.

But here are the details:
Pokemon: Eevee
Nature: Lonely
IV's: 30/31/31/30/31/31 (if possible)
HP - Grass
Egg moves: Flail and endure.

I'm trying to figure out the encounter slot for Castform in the Trophy Garden, I've looked it up in the RNG reporter but found nothing on Castform. Does anyone know the slot for it and how I can hit that slot?

Well... I probably didn't yet.

But here are the details:
Pokemon: Eevee
Nature: Lonely
IV's: 30/31/31/30/31/31 (if possible)
HP - Grass
Egg moves: Flail and endure.
Well your going to need 3 of those ivs on either or both parents. If you dont have one, I would get a flawless ditto to fix this problem.Read the guide then come here for questions.

Well your going to need 3 of those ivs on either or both parents. If you dont have one, I would get a flawless ditto to fix this problem. I would also suggest reading the guide then coming here for questions.
Sigh.... You know, zack. You're exactly right. I'm gonna need a flawless ditto and a female eevee or one of it's evolutions with a lonely. I do you a timid ditto with the iv set for ground hp but I don't think It's gonna do me any good. Because I one of the parents has to least have a lonely nature right? Because I don't have flawless eevee's or it's evolution with a lonely and the ditto with the lonely nature that I have doesn't have flawless iv's.

So I'm guessing I'm probably gonna have to borrow someoneelse's pokemon, right? =/

Sigh.... You know, zack. You're exactly right. I'm gonna need a flawless ditto and a female eevee or one of it's evolutions with a lonely. I do you a timid ditto with the iv set for ground hp but I don't think It's gonna do me any good. Because I one of the parents has to least have a lonely nature right? Because I don't have flawless eevee's or it's evolution with a lonely and the ditto with the lonely nature that I have doesn't have flawless iv's.

So I'm guessing I'm probably gonna have to borrow someoneelse's pokemon, right? =/
You do not need a parent with the nature. In fact, everstone screws up your RNGing because it does not take everstone into account. All you need is a flawless ditto(or something in your desired pokemon's egg group) and a male evee with the eggmoves you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)