Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You could just take the egg pid and put it into the windows calculator (hex, programmer mode) and then look for the mod function. Mod 24 should return a result from 0-23 that you can map. If you know how to program you can navigate my source and reuse that mersenne (irng.cs).

Hi, I'm having a very hard time hitting my target delays. Emloop and PikaTimer don't really help me, because my delays are low (around 490) and my seconds are higher than normal (14). On emloop, it 490 translates to roughly 8 seconds, but I know that's not right, since I usually get 14 seconds. PikaTimer is the same. I've been trying for quite a while to get a delay of 490 to hit my initial seed, but I just can't get it right.

for swarms... does that mean that encouter slots (whatever the encounter slot for that swarm poke may be) overwrites whatever it would normalls be? (i.e. I am rying to get a Yanma... the encounter slot is 1 which would normally produce Nidoran... but the swarm encounter slot for Yanma is 1... does that mean all that encounter slot would become Yanma) also... where can I find Swarm info? and is there a way to change what is swarming?

for swarms... does that mean that encouter slots (whatever the encounter slot for that swarm poke may be) overwrites whatever it would normalls be? (i.e. I am rying to get a Yanma... the encounter slot is 1 which would normally produce Nidoran... but the swarm encounter slot for Yanma is 1... does that mean all that encounter slot would become Yanma) also... where can I find Swarm info? and is there a way to change what is swarming?
Yes, that's how it works. However, I was literally just about to ask the bolded part myself (I assume you mean in HGSS because in DPPt, it changes every day and you find out by asking Dawn's/Lucas' sister).

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I already have captured Raikou & Latias in HG.
So what's the easiest way to RNG Entei?

The guide about checking your lead pokemon's responses to help in RNGing Entei is gone.
I don't even remember the prerequisites.

Can anyone help me tell the link?
Or tell me what's the eaiest way to RNG Entei post-E4...

I already have captured Raikou & Latias in HG.
So what's the easiest way to RNG Entei?

The guide about checking your lead pokemon's responses to help in RNGing Entei is gone.
I don't even remember the prerequisites.

Can anyone help me tell the link?
Or tell me what's the eaiest way to RNG Entei post-E4...
First page of this thread, the two posts were embed together, it's the post after OmegaDonuts Post, just search for "Elm Method"
although I have to update this one since now it's possible to RNG for
Entei and Raikou BEFORE E4.
New Method discovered and so;)

First page of this thread, the two posts were embed together, it's the post after OmegaDonuts Post, just search for "Elm Method"
although I have to update this one since now it's possible to RNG for
Entei and Raikou BEFORE E4.
New Method discovered and so;)
This sounds interesting. I can't be bothered to get that far into the game on my other save file. I look forward to an update :)

Im trying to capture a timid Heatran with HP Grass. Can anyone tell me a good seed for what Im looking? Please tell me the IVs of that spread as well.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Im trying to capture a timid Heatran with HP Grass. Can anyone tell me a good seed for what Im looking? Please tell me the IVs of that spread as well.
Done a search with JavaRNG (low delays)

Timid, 1
IVs: 30/30/31/30/27/31 HP GRASS 70
Seed: 990A0266
Method J Frame: 6360
Delay (2010): 604
PID: BFF78D5B

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There's a spreadsheets full of spreads (and their seeds) on the first page.

how i can raise the frame, to have my wish-pid?
Your question makes no sense. Try following the rules on the first page.

Question about Pokewalker abuse
Im trying to abuse the pokewalker and I have some questions

1.What frame is
the 1st pkmn
the 2nd pkmn
the 3rd pkmn?

2. At what time are the IV generate.
(Im getting mixed news that is started when the game is turn on, and quickly accessing the pokewalker menu)

Thanks in advance

I assume that Raikou and Entei's IVs are determined when you trigger them in the burnt tower. Is this correct?

Also, when are Suicune's generated?

Thank you in advance.

I have just started my HG cart but I wanted to ID/SID reset. Do I need to play it through first to get the calibrated delay? If so, it's gonna suck :/

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have just started my HG cart but I wanted to ID/SID reset. Do I need to play it through first to get the calibrated delay? If so, it's gonna suck :/
The delay for a new game should be at least 5000, counting in the main menu and Elm's game determination. Now, if someone makes an ID finder for HGSS, that'd be awesome. For now, I think the first thing you should do is try some ID programs out and modify your time/date to get your desired ID...and go through a redundant Professor Elm again and again.

EDIT: why do you want to choose your ID, anyway? For Roaming guys? Sorry, I'm into Platinum and Emerald RNG, but not HGSS.

btw, if any of you guys are still into Emerald RNG (I know, I'm such a procrastinator), I think I asked a question the previous page and got brushed off >.>

Okay, so, I'm trying to figure out a spread for a roaming Emerald Latias before I battle the Elite Four. I stalked the RNG boards for Emerald, and there seems to be two Method 1 charts on Smogon:

Emloop seems to support the one on the PRNG thread (I checked out the Hasty nature with the horrible 0-0-0-11-26-30. It supported it), and I'm on the verge of relying on Emloop because of the convenient timer. I'm not sure.

So, should I believe:

• Method1.csv or...
  • uporg1843386.csv
Oh, and a side question: Should I use the Emloop timer at all, because some people are saying it lags by some milliseconds.

If I posted something wrong on this RNG help thread, I'm sorry.

Question about Pokewalker abuse
Im trying to abuse the pokewalker and I have some questions

1.What frame is
the 1st pkmn
the 2nd pkmn
the 3rd pkmn?

2. At what time are the IV generate.
(Im getting mixed news that is started when the game is turn on, and quickly accessing the pokewalker menu)

Thanks in advance
The first Pokémon is frame 1, then 3, then 5. If you don't turn your DS off, the next will be 7, 9, 11, and so on. It goes in the order you caught them. (under the Wondercard method).

In my experience, the initial seed was set as soon as I turned the game on; pretty much as the white screen showed up. At least, I was aiming for a time of 2:06:00; I had to press A to start the game (from the DS menu) two seconds prior to that (based on the DS clock) to hit the time.

The first Pokémon is frame 1, then 3, then 5. If you don't turn your DS off, the next will be 7, 9, 11, and so on. It goes in the order you caught them. (under the Wondercard method).

In my experience, the initial seed was set as soon as I turned the game on; pretty much as the white screen showed up. At least, I was aiming for a time of 2:06:00; I had to press A to start the game (from the DS menu) two seconds prior to that (based on the DS clock) to hit the time.
That helps alot thanks.

Ok, so I have a question regarding roamers...in my HG game, I have Raikou, Entei, and (presumably since I've beat everything except Red) one of the Lati@s wandering about, and I was gonna try to capture the Zapdos in the game. Do these roamers affect my Frame at all? I read back on page one they have to be on the map...well, do I have to actually see them on the map, or do they just have to merely exist out there, meaning I have to go kill them to reliably rng Zapdos?

And another question as well...the initial seed I'm trying to get into has a delay of 519, yet my average delay to get in the game is 496...how do I go about then getting to 519?

You don't have to kill them, just take them into account. Roamers will advance your frame, but RNGReporter shows by how much. In fact, it's more useful to have them out, since you can use them to see if you hit your seed. Just remeber to enter their previous locations into RNGReporter.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
btw, if any of you guys are still into Emerald RNG (I know, I'm such a procrastinator), I think I asked a question the previous page and got brushed off >.>
The spreadsheets are the same, for all intents and purposes. There will be a 1/20th of a second difference, but you're not going to hit your target on the first time, so you have to adjust anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)