1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. redsox5

redsox5

hi, I'm new to HS/SS RNG- I just started today- and I'm having a bit of trouble. im trying to get a timid, hp fighting 70 raikou, seed 6f1601fd and frame 389. the delay is 499 and the date and time for the seed is 1/1/10, 22:51:59. all of that may be incorrect though; for all i know, my date and time are completely wrong for that seed.

anyway, i calibrated and got a seconds value of 11 and an average delay of around 498. i have sr'ed multiple times accounting the delay and all that yet have not yet been able to get that seed (i verify using the roamer method). in fact, the routes of entei and latios are not even paired anywhere on the seed verifier's list.

i would kindly appreciate any and all help. for all i know, im doing everything completely wrong, in which case i would love for someone to tell me how to get that timid hp 70 fighting raikou! sorry if i seem like an idiot!!!! thanks! ~redsox5

ps to get the date/time for the seed i pressed "seed to time" in RNG Reporter. is that how you do it, or did i do that part incorrectly? thanks again!
  2. Showsni

Showsni

Hm, sounds like you're aiming for an odd delay, but your game can only get even ones. You can add one to the delay by scrolling down to the second screen and back up, but or such a short delay there won't be time for that; in which case, you can change your year by one to change the delay by one.

Where are you RNGing, and what method are you using? And how are you verifying your seed, and advancing the frames?
  3. AznTri4d

AznTri4d

Quick question. I'm RNGing for Palkia at the Sky Pillar. You know how you can't save right in front of palkia because it auto walks up to him after a certain distance. Well those "auto-walked steps", do they advance the frame like normal steps do?
  4. redsox5

redsox5

thanks sooooo much for the reply! that was fast.....

anyways, im using the method specified for the roaming legends on the first page of this thread...... im using the DS pokemon seed verifier (also discussed on that page) to verify, using the "roaming" method. in other words, im standing 1 step from lance and sring; failing at it, too, if i may say so myself.

so you think the problem is with the delay? in that case, would i just have to edit the year on my ds by plus/minus one?

thank you :)
  5. Zari

Zari Xenobladeaholic
    is a Contributor Alumnus

When RNGing up an ID/SID in HG/SS, where does the generation actually take place? I know that in DPPt it's after the TV show thing, but where would that same sort of thing be in the GS remakes?

EDIT: would it be directly after you are "given" your trainer card by your mom ingame?
  6. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

First, I would use the seed to time adjacents/search function in rng reporter. It can generally tell you which seed you DID hit. If it's not working, then go capture a monster and use the seed finder to find out what you did hit and hot to correct it.
  7. redsox5

redsox5

thanks showsni and mingot, i think im on track now! entei and latios's routes are finally showing on the list even if i miss the seed. thanks so much! that was easy :)

btw mingot nice sprite thingey, wut game is that from? (just wondering :)
  8. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

When you are minimized. Look here
  9. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

Argh. It seems to be luck based when trying to RNG my Lati. I'm on the brink of giving up all together.

10 Calls, 6 advancements= Frame 22 (Frame below target)
    10 Calls, 7 advancements= Frame 20 (Three frames below target)

Remember Frame 23 is the target. Seems this randomly jumps from 3 to 4, and my Poke'mon are bound to be Lv.100 by the time I get my shiny Latios... Damn NPC... Probably should try 10 calls and 10 advancements and see what I get...
  10. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

In heart Gold and Soul Silver... will using sweet scent on the bike consistantly advance 1? I hear it does....
  11. Romsstar

Romsstar

more or less constantly yes, but not +1 but +3.
  12. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

From my experience yes
  13. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

it seems I get both responses..... I know I consistantly get 2 when NOT on my bike.... maybe I should just test this for myself....
  14. DDyPhoenix

DDyPhoenix

I am having the most curious of problems, wondering if anyone might have wandered across it.

I am going through my motions for IV breeding. I've settled on seed 8700027C at 2010 04 30 at 00:04:11 delay 626, frame 11. Every time I have checked to verify my seed, I have verified it as frame 11. When I hit my target second and delay, however, it always come up as frame 12. I am wondering what exactly is happening as I have hit the target three times and each time hit frame 12 whereas all my other hatches showed frame 11, I haven't changed a thing.

The only thing I have found odd, to verify my seed, I have been catching Pokes to see where I'm hitting. I noticed that Pineco shows up at 11/626 and only then, he's only available because I have Emerald plugged in to get even delays.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm stumped.
  15. Christian

Christian

I'm asking if there's a 31/E/30/31/31/31 timid hp ice 70 spread in platinum (method j) with a reasonable delay (must be between 601-700 because i dont use emloop)
  16. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I dont believe so...
    With a quick search with PokeRNG (Searched for delay 600-701)
    This is all that came up =/
    3540916513F 46f43bca (TIMID, ability 0) 31/22/30/31/31/31 (Seed: aa0c02ab Frame: 19980) HP ICE 70
    Frames really high lol
  17. acetrainerzx

acetrainerzx

Is there a "search adjacent results" Function in the new RNG reporter while breeding in HGSS? Or just a way to verify your delay quickly like DPPt?
  18. Christian

Christian

oh frame is really high.
    thanks though
    I will use the PokeRNG from now on :)
  19. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Not built in to the time finder, no. Use the same functionality from the seed to time dialog. It supports adjacents there.
  20. Sixfortyfive

Sixfortyfive

I can hit delays as low as 455.
  21. Suvont

Suvont

I asked last night, but no one had any help. Perhaps Mingot or someone else does now. Is there any way to practice reducing delays, I mean, besides setting my year back to the 80s. I've seen multiple people asking about it, but how would I do it. Are lower delays possible in PtHGSS than DP? On a DSi than a DSlite/Phat?
  22. Devilman

Devilman

Can someone I just explain this to me how you use the rng reporter for heart gold. Im trying to hatch shiny eggs. I clicked on breeding hg/ss for the method. Typed in the ID and SID the correct seed hex and nothing generates. Ive never actually did this on platnium version but Ive seen a video and would know how to do it on Diamond (but I dont have a shiny for it so i cant find my secret ID) I dont see an eggs to PID option for HGSS in thne RNG reporter either.
    How do I find out how much frames i have to pass up to hatch a shiny?
  23. lebasp

lebasp

Hey im having some troubles to find seconds and delay
    Im using the snorlax on diglet's cave to get the delay and seconds on prng
    my questions are:

1) does activing pokeflute on pokegear screw the search for initial seeder?
    2)where i can find karps lvl 50+ or any other poke to find the initial seed?
    3)the delay and sconds i'm getting with rng seed finder are these, every time it changes a lot, what's happening?

10 728
    35 644
    57 572
    56 528
    2 570

thank you

im using soulsilver btw
  24. NixHex

NixHex musty_yugoslavian_teacher
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

I'm pretty sure autopilot steps trip the step counter just like regular steps. What you should do is just go for a low frame. Start up the game on any arbitrary seed and make sure it starts on frame 1 (or whatever frame Palkia starts on - NO PAGE FLIPS!), find the seed using coin flips. Battle Palkia, catch, and note what frame it appears on. If it lies on Palkia's initial frame, then you don't have to worry about tripping the counter. If it lies on Palkia's initial frame + number of pokemon in your party, you know that you tripped the counter, and you should adjust accordingly. Do this before you go for a frame like 500 and miss it!
  25. DDyPhoenix

DDyPhoenix

Is there any way to advance the frame by 1 when breeding Pokemon? I've landed on an odd frame and I'm trying to get an even frame.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)