Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Reposting:

Would doing this work in DPPt:

Play a game in an emulator, using RAM addresses to find the initial seed. Then plugging that seed into RNG Reporter, and seeing if anything noteworthy comes up.

If it works, how would I do the bolded part?

(From what I've read this also works in FR/LG, right?)

how on earth does someone rng breed for a pokemon and get it in an egg? everytime I save, I end up 1 frame off and have to go get the shiny egg again. is there something obvious im missing or is this how everyone else does it too?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since I don't have Emerald, is there anyway to RNG for Ruby/Sapphire?
Unlike Emerald, Ruby\Sapphire has a clock that is constantly changing the starting seed, even when the game is off. The only way to fix this is the open the cartridge up and desolder some thingamajig or whatever, and then the cartridge will behave like Emerald in that it always starts the game with the same seed and advances at a constant rate. You would then need RNG Reporter to try and figure out what this new seed is.

But even if you did, RNG manipulation on Ruby\Sapphire still isn't nearly as easy as it is on Emerald. Synchronize doesn't work the way it does in Emerald and the 4th gen carts, and you can't lock in a nature\gender\ability on an egg. The only thing that would be the same is legendary capture.

how on earth does someone rng breed for a pokemon and get it in an egg? everytime I save, I end up 1 frame off and have to go get the shiny egg again. is there something obvious im missing or is this how everyone else does it too?
You're missing something obvious. Shininess is locked in when the Day Care Man shows up with an egg, but the IVs are not set until you collect it. So save when you know he's holding a shiny egg, and don't save until after you've gotten the IVs you want.

I've looked over the last couple of pages, but I couldn't find anything on how to breed shiny eggs AND flawless IVs on the same pokemon.

From what I understand, you would go through the process of making a shiny pokemon (all the taps on happiness and coin flips) and then save in front of the man. After this, search for a suitable spread and begin SRing for the delay. Would this work, or will the two processes "interfere" with each other?

You're missing something obvious. Shininess is locked in when the Day Care Man shows up with an egg, but the IVs are not set until you collect it. So save when you know he's holding a shiny egg, and don't save until after you've gotten the IVs you want.
you've misinterpreted my question. I'm trying to breed and have the pokemon in an egg so when I trade it to someone, they get an egg of the pokemon, not the actual pokemon. how do I do this?

You would have to use their ID/SID combination when making the egg on your game to ensure it hatches as a shiny on theirs.

you've misinterpreted my question. I'm trying to breed and have the pokemon in an egg so when I trade it to someone, they get an egg of the pokemon, not the actual pokemon. how do I do this?
Erm, get your shininess if you want it.
Hit your frame, and get your egg.
Then save your game. Hatch egg to see if you hit your frame and get the Ivs, if not, then start again with parents + right ability + whatever.

If you do get the Ivs you want. SR so you still have the egg, clone the egg. And there ya go. Ivs and poke in an egg =D

Is it possible to manipulate the RNG to ensure a pokemon is holding an item when you catch it? Say I was abusing a Pikachu, could I also make it so its holding a light ball?

i'm trying to use poke RNG to find a HP Grass flawless spread (31/2/31/30/31/31). when i set a large delay range (for example 500-3000) and 0-0 starting search (for infinitive) it shows me only a result... when i try to decrease the delay range it gives me again only one result, but with a different seed and frame.. the PID is always the same. is there a way to show me all the possible results with the same PID but different seed and frame only once together?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i'm trying to use poke RNG to find a HP Grass flawless spread (31/2/31/30/31/31). when i set a large delay range (for example 500-3000) and 0-0 starting search (for infinitive) it shows me only a result... when i try to decrease the delay range it gives me again only one result, but with a different seed and frame.. the PID is always the same. is there a way to show me all the possible results with the same PID but different seed and frame only once together?
Take that spread and plug it into RNG Reporter's Seed Finder, with Open Search and Offset boxes checked. It will list all possible seeds that can produce that spread, and the number of frames.

Is it possible to manipulate the RNG to ensure a pokemon is holding an item when you catch it? Say I was abusing a Pikachu, could I also make it so its holding a light ball?
Not as of yet. Or maybe someone (mingot?) does, and it hasn't been documented yet.

Yeh in RNG Reporter enter the stats and nature into 'Seed Finder' 'Find Seed by IVs' click open search and show offset boxes, it will show every seed with the method 1 frame number and delay, you can from there use 'Seed to Time' function to find a time and date

EDIT Thanks Omega, guess I'll try mapping some out myself when i get serious about it

Take that spread and plug it into RNG Reporter's Seed Finder, with Open Search and Offset boxes checked. It will list all possible seeds that can produce that spread, and the number of frames.
just tried but there are too high delays and very low frames... there isn't a low delay! how can it show me low delays, even if they "agree" with high frames? because the higher frame showed is 996

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
just tried but there are too high delays and very low frames... there isn't a low delay! how can it show me low delays, even if they "agree" with high frames? because the higher frame showed is 996
There probably isn't a seed with low delay AND low frame. You'll have to use emloop to hit those high delays.

I recommend learning how to use emloop to everyone anyway, because it saves a lot of time spent on journal flips. There a lot of good seeds with high delays and low frame.

I sold my DS and games recently because I had to(anyways thats offtopic).

I have questions on HG/SS RNG before I buy a new DS.
Saw the Method K, what pokemons are in Method K?

The legendary dogs, are IVs for all 3 generated when you meet them first at Teak City?
Because i saw people battling suicune as a normal legendary, not a roamer.

There is no poketch app, so how do you advance to RNG? Walking? But then you would have to count the number of steps yourself.

Final question:
If I buy a Acekard 2 will it be considered as lillegal(hack)? Right Now I really cant afford to buy the Japanese version of Pokemon Heart Gold and a Platinum. :(

Thanks in advance.

There probably isn't a seed with low delay AND low frame. You'll have to use emloop to hit those high delays.

I recommend learning how to use emloop to everyone anyway, because it saves a lot of time spent on journal flips. There a lot of good seeds with high delays and low frame.
but if I search with pokerng, i find spread with a high target frame and low delays... so they exist! the problem is: i'm manipulating a shiny flawless HP grass 70 raikou in HG so i'm using savestates.. but they become crazy after a long time in the same game!
i have to reach a frame of 31000 (i've already hit my target time/delay) but at this point savestates has become crazy and the game always crashes. a little time ago I manipulated the same raikou (but no-shiny), the PID was the same but the spread was different and the target frame was 21000 so the save states didn't become crazy. the problem is that i've accidentally delete the file which contained the target seed, and I can't find again it with PokeRNG... i'm able to use emloop, but manipulating with the rom is more and more difficult than using the Nintendo DS + emloop support

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
but if I search with pokerng, i find spread with a high target frame and low delays... so they exist! the problem is: i'm manipulating a shiny flawless HP grass 70 raikou in HG so i'm using savestates.. but they become crazy after a long time in the same game!
i have to reach a frame of 31000 (i've already hit my target time/delay) but at this point savestates has become crazy and the game always crashes. a little time ago I manipulated the same raikou (but no-shiny), the PID was the same but the spread was different and the target frame was 21000 so the save states didn't become crazy. the problem is that i've accidentally delete the file which contained the target seed, and I can't find again it with PokeRNG... i'm able to use emloop, but manipulating with the rom is more and more difficult than using the Nintendo DS + emloop support
What's the exact spread again? And the PID and the seed you find?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)