Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've been trying to RNG an egg, got the initial Gender Ability Nature thing right so I've been soft resetting for the IVs.

I've run across a problem where my calibrated second is always 1 off from whatever target I'm trying to hit.. In the calibration phase I was consistently hitting 15seconds, however, when finding the save frame I was consistently hitting 14seconds. I decided to make my target 14 seconds and then discovered upon examining adjacent results I was hitting 15.. so I changed the target to 15 and now all I can hit is 16..

Has anyone else had this happen and figured out a way around it? Thanks
Are you using the pika timer?

I know that the Natures are not abusable, but my question is if they are decided at the same time as the IVs or not. If, for instance, the nature was decided when you picked up the egg and the IVs were decided before, one could play on an emulator and create a save state (or frozen state) at the correct frame/delay, then simply re-poen the state again and again until one got the right nature.
I don't know "when" the nature is created. I've been using only original cartridge games and doing it the hard way: get the delay, frame right, look at nature, restart if nature is wrong.

I've been trying to RNG an egg, got the initial Gender Ability Nature thing right so I've been soft resetting for the IVs.

I've run across a problem where my calibrated second is always 1 off from whatever target I'm trying to hit.. In the calibration phase I was consistently hitting 15seconds, however, when finding the save frame I was consistently hitting 14seconds. I decided to make my target 14 seconds and then discovered upon examining adjacent results I was hitting 15.. so I changed the target to 15 and now all I can hit is 16..

Instead of changing your target time, change the time your DS starts. So if you were starting at let's say 1:15, you change it to 1:16. Just adjust the DS starting time until you are hitting the right target seconds.

Can even/odd delay randomly switch?

I just hit a delay of 1927, while I was aiming for 1926. The GBA cart is in (giving me even delays). If it matters, I have not unlocked Pal Park.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd be interested. The vast majority of my games are Japanese carts . . . but yeah RockinX-- the little kids can't read kanji so you have to leave it out. ;) Painful on the eyes for us grownups though. :P

Anyway, anyone can tell me if the Nature and IVs for wonder card pokemon are decided at the same time or not? I know that they are decided by different processes, but is it possible to say, hit your delay on a rom, make a save state with the emulator and then SR for natures for instance?

>_>

Also anyone know what desides the time on Desmume?

edit:
For the record (assuming RockinX wrote everything down correct):

K - カントーにはまだ僕の知らないポケモン色だろうし。僕の知らない進化方法があるも知れないね。その目でしっ かりいろんなものを見ておいて
E - ポケモンの進化というのは本当におくが深いようねえ!ある条件を満たしたときだけ進化するポケモンもいるみ たい!
P - ポケルスがくっついたポケモンはどうやら育ちがよくなるみたい原因は割らないけど

Here, no Kanji:

K - カントーにはまだぼくのしらないポケモンがいるだろうし。ぼくのしらないしんかのほうほうがあるかもしれないね。そのめでしっかりいろんなものをみておいて!

Blue = "Kanto"

E - ポケモンのしかというのはほんとうにおくがふかいようねえ!あるじょうけんをみたしたときだけしんかするポケモンもいるみたい!

= Pokemon no Shinka = Pokemon's Evolution

= "Pokerus"

I only read what RockinX posted earlier, so I'm just assuming he copied it down right. :P

You were right in all of those, though I made some mistakes when I wrote them and put them on my Excel file. Bellow are the corrected Japanese Elm responses.

P - ポケルスがくっついたポケモンはどうやらそだちがよくなるみたいげんいんはわからないけど···
E - ポケモンのしんかというのはほんとうにおくがふかいようねえ!あるじょうけんをみたしたときだけしんかするポケモンもいるみたい!
K - カントーにはまだぼくのしらないポケモンがいるだろうし。ぼくのしらないしんかのほうほうがあるかもしれないね。そのめでしっかりいろんなものをみておいて!

Man, I wish I were as fluent at Japanese as you are. I can't read kanji to save my life.

You're probably not resetting properly on the minute, at the minute. Check all of your clocks, re-sync them, and try again.

I know that the Natures are not abusable, but my question is if they are decided at the same time as the IVs or not. If, for instance, the nature was decided when you picked up the egg and the IVs were decided before, one could play on an emulator and create a save state (or frozen state) at the correct frame/delay, then simply re-poen the state again and again until one got the right nature.
Your wording is a bit strange, but yes you can. Both Nature and IVs are set at the same time: when you talk to the Delivery Man and actually get the Pokemon. Meddling NPCs aside, if you make a save state on the proper frame for your IVs, then the Nature will not be set yet, so you can keep taking it until you find your target.

Can even/odd delay randomly switch?

I just hit a delay of 1927, while I was aiming for 1926. The GBA cart is in (giving me even delays). If it matters, I have not unlocked Pal Park.
They can. Rather, it could end up that the GBA cart is causing you to hit both even and odd delays.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your wording is a bit strange, but yes you can. Both Nature and IVs are set at the same time: when you talk to the Delivery Man and actually get the Pokemon. Meddling NPCs aside, if you make a save state on the proper frame for your IVs, then the Nature will not be set yet, so you can keep taking it until you find your target.
Halleluyah!

My question is for capturing perfect wild pokemon with sweet scent. Can't seem to find any info on this, regarding if it's possible to know the encounter of the specific pokemon I'm trying to capture. For example I want to capture an Sneasel at Acuity Lakefront (adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31) I hit my delay and advance to the right frame, but a Machoke appeared (yes, he came out with he spread I wanted). So my question once again is if the encounter of a specific pokemon in the wild using sweet scent capture can it be manipulated?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My question is for capturing perfect wild pokemon with sweet scent. Can't seem to find any info on this, regarding if it's possible to know the encounter of the specific pokemon I'm trying to capture. For example I want to capture an Sneasel at Acuity Lakefront (adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31) I hit my delay and advance to the right frame, but a Machoke appeared (yes, he came out with he spread I wanted). So my question once again is if the encounter of a specific pokemon in the wild using sweet scent capture can it be manipulated?
its called encounter slots. Every frame has its own specific set of encounter slots, a number from 0-11 that tells you which pokemon will appear on that frame. to see them just select the frame you want, right click and select the option "Calculate Encounter slots". For your case you'll want to look at the encounter slot for sweet scenting in grass/cave. By the looks of it, you need an encounter slot of 1 or 7 to get sneasel with this spread at Acuity lake front so look at all the frame that have the spread you want and use the calculate encounter slots option to find one that has a 1 or 7 for sweet scenting in grass/cave.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I've been trying to RNG an egg and haven't been having great luck with it. I posted this somewhere else, but maybe someone here can help:

Hey, can anyone able to RNG abuse tell me if I'm doing something wrong? I calibrated and got 16 seconds and an average delay of 494. After that, I went into RNG Reporter and picked out my IVs/nature, etc and target date/time, etc and it showed me a list of Elm calls to verify I hit the right seed. I fed my stuff into PikaTimer and got my timers. Finally, I hit start on my ARDS when the first timer hit 0 and continued when the second timer hit 0. My chosen delay was 710. My first try, I hit 705. My second try I hit 711. I've never hit an even delay ever and am not sure how to make it so that I can hit one. Is the odd delay causing an issue or am I screwing something else up? Should I just pick delays that are odd, or is there some way to do it that I'm missing? Also, is it possible for Elm calls in the verification sequence to be skipped? There have been a few times that I've been dead on in hitting start and continuing but the sequence of calls I'll get won't exist for my second +-2 or my delay +-20.

Wrong. Take a look at Pikatimer. Two necessary fields are calibrated delay and calibrated second.
Gah. Oh well.
It's what I get for trying to take the easy way :p
::EDIT::
Let's start with these.
All right if you ask me, Calibration process is something old and useless.(Really it is)

So don't even bother to calibrate.
For DPPt: Let the Calibrated Delay and Calibrated Second the way they are.
/me is lost
:p

I've been trying to RNG an egg and haven't been having great luck with it. I posted this somewhere else, but maybe someone here can help:

Hey, can anyone able to RNG abuse tell me if I'm doing something wrong? I calibrated and got 16 seconds and an average delay of 494. After that, I went into RNG Reporter and picked out my IVs/nature, etc and target date/time, etc and it showed me a list of Elm calls to verify I hit the right seed. I fed my stuff into PikaTimer and got my timers. Finally, I hit start on my ARDS when the first timer hit 0 and continued when the second timer hit 0. My chosen delay was 710. My first try, I hit 705. My second try I hit 711. I've never hit an even delay ever and am not sure how to make it so that I can hit one. Is the odd delay causing an issue or am I screwing something else up? Should I just pick delays that are odd, or is there some way to do it that I'm missing? Also, is it possible for Elm calls in the verification sequence to be skipped? There have been a few times that I've been dead on in hitting start and continuing but the sequence of calls I'll get won't exist for my second +-2 or my delay +-20.
First off, it sounds like you are using a method 1/K spread for an egg. The eggs nature/gender and IVs are generated completly different. You have to abuse for them each.

For your question about the delay, you're not going to be able to hit that even delay right now. There are 2 things you can do: A) Insert(or remove) a 3rd gen pokemon game from the GBA slot or B) Move the year up or down one (year up one, delay target down by one and vice versa).

For the Elm calls, do you have any runners out (Raikou, Entei, and/or Lati@s)?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
First off, it sounds like you are using a method 1/K spread for an egg. The eggs nature/gender and IVs are generated completly different. You have to abuse for them each.

For your question about the delay, you're not going to be able to hit that even delay right now. There are 2 things you can do: A) Insert(or remove) a 3rd gen pokemon game from the GBA slot or B) Move the year up or down one (year up one, delay target down by one and vice versa).

For the Elm calls, do you have any runners out (Raikou, Entei, and/or Lati@s)?

Thanks for the quick answer. No, I have no runners out at all. I followed the guide on Youtube by.. Bearsfan?

For the IVs, I went into RNG Reporter and picked them and grabbed my seed because it had a frame value of 1, so I would only have to worry about 1 egg.(That's what the frame value represents, right? Number of eggs? That was what was said in the video) I then went into Seed to time and plugged in my seed(3D1702D0) with no roamers and got my date, time etc. How do I add nature into this mix?

So, if I have to change the year... if I can't hit even seeds and my target date is 7/30/2010 @ 23:57:50 and my target delay is 710, then do I just lower the year by one on my DS? So, my target would be 7/30/2009 @ 23:57:50?

The calibration process is unecessary once you know if you hit odd or even delays. Enough people have calibrated and know what the average delays are, unless they are not working for whatever reason it is not necessary.

Thanks for the quick answer. No, I have no runners out at all. I followed the guide on Youtube by.. Bearsfan?

For the IVs, I went into RNG Reporter and picked them and grabbed my seed because it had a frame value of 1, so I would only have to worry about 1 egg.(That's what the frame value represents, right? Number of eggs? That was what was said in the video) I then went into Seed to time and plugged in my seed(3D1702D0) with no roamers and got my date, time etc. How do I add nature into this mix?

So, if I have to change the year... if I can't hit even seeds and my target date is 7/30/2010 @ 23:57:50 and my target delay is 710, then do I just lower the year by one on my DS? So, my target would be 7/30/2009 @ 23:57:50?
Why don't you also take a look at my noob guide. The video is great, but the noob guide can be followed more slowly while you are actually doing your project. For the date, I also advise you to pick a date that is after the release of your game, not before. It's just cosmetics, but it would make more sense to hatch an egg in a game after the game's release date.

Also, if you scroll down the game continue screen to the part that sets up wifi or communicates with the Pokewalker, and then go back up, you will hit a delay that's opposite your usual delay.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When advancing the frame for WCs, is the best idea to stand outside the shop and do it? Is there a town (on any of these games) where there are few to no moving NPCs outside or inside the store? HGSS most useful, since I'm trying to learn and practice WC resetting specifically for the Celebi event (there are good enough versions of everything else on the market already, most of which I've managed to grab).

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Why don't you also take a look at my noob guide. The video is great, but the noob guide can be followed more slowly while you are actually doing your project. For the date, I also advise you to pick a date that is after the release of your game, not before. It's just cosmetics, but it would make more sense to hatch an egg in a game after the game's release date.

Also, if you scroll down the game continue screen to the part that sets up wifi or communicates with the Pokewalker, and then go back up, you will hit a delay that's opposite your usual delay.

Yeah, I'll definitely be picking a reasonable date. The example was taken from my first attempt at RNG-ing and I didn't know about changing the years.

Anyway, this guide looks quite helpful and should make the process a little easier. I'll have to give this another shot. Thanks!

e: This is MUCH easier to follow. And now that I'm trying it a few times, I'm seeing that I constantly hit right around the wanted delay with no exception and everything seems to be turning out right. Much better. Now, to just hit right on that delay..

The calibration process is unecessary once you know if you hit odd or even delays. Enough people have calibrated and know what the average delays are, unless they are not working for whatever reason it is not necessary.
*headdesk*
Thanks!
*sigh*
Once again off to beat Platinum :p

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't get it. I used to be able to hit my seed on the DSi, but now I hit the delay but get the seconds wrong. Any ideas as to what may be going on?

My target seconds were 50, and I got 16...

After several calibrations of the seconds manually and was able to hit the seed and caught my Suicune after 9 Speed Balls, so nevermind.

This is on DPPt by the way. Also, say I do the happiness taps and coin flips, it should hatch and the frame is 15. It would hatch with the nature and ability of my frame 15, but once I send it over to the other game, it'll hatch shiny and the right nature and ability, right?
Very new page. This is for breeding a shiny Bronzong that is Sassy and has Ability 0 (which is Levitate). I very luckily found a seed that needed only 2 coin flips to get this while using both his OT and SID. Then, I hatched the egg and found that it was Relaxed and Ability 1 on my game, which was the result I would have gotten from 2 coin flips using my OT and SID. Then I proceeded to get reset for IVs and when I got them I saved with the egg in my possession.

If I send the egg over, will it hatch shiny with Relaxed and Ability 1, or shiny with Sassy and Ability 0, or neither?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I just wanted to say thanks, Riski. In 3.5 hours yesterday using Pikatimer and following the Youtube video I didn't hit my seed once. I just hit it on my 11th try after following your guide. 20 minutes of trying total.

e: Ok, I can hit the seed reliably, but I'm still not getting a shiny. Here's what's going on. My delay is 491, frame is 3, the time is 23:30:16, the date is 7/9/2010. I know I'm hitting my delay properly because my calls to Elm match up exactly. Ok, once I call elm 9 times, I deposit my parents.(parents have no items equipped) Next, I call Joey once to advance from frame 1 to frame 3. I already told the daycare guy no before saving so he won't call me and screw things up. Now that I've called Joey, I walk out of the daycare and hop on my bike. I go between the daycare guy's spot on rt 34 and the middle of Goldenrod City until he is facing left. Once he is, I ride up to him, save, and take my egg. Once I hatch it, it's not shiny. Which part of this am I messing up?

When advancing the frame for WCs, is the best idea to stand outside the shop and do it? Is there a town (on any of these games) where there are few to no moving NPCs outside or inside the store? HGSS most useful, since I'm trying to learn and practice WC resetting specifically for the Celebi event (there are good enough versions of everything else on the market already, most of which I've managed to grab).
Good lord, no. Saving outside of the shop means you'd have to deal with all of the NPCs in-town on top of however many ones are in the shop. Saving right in front of the delivery man is best, and still won't affect the nature you get. As for NPCs in HGSS stores, at least Azalea and Ecruteak only have one each if you're early in the game, and at least Fuchsia has no moving NPCs at all if you're later on.

I just wanted to say thanks, Riski. In 3.5 hours yesterday using Pikatimer and following the Youtube video I didn't hit my seed once. I just hit it on my 11th try after following your guide. 20 minutes of trying total.

e: Ok, I can hit the seed reliably, but I'm still not getting a shiny. Here's what's going on. My delay is 491, frame is 3, the time is 23:30:16, the date is 7/9/2010. I know I'm hitting my delay properly because my calls to Elm match up exactly. Ok, once I call elm 9 times, I deposit my parents.(parents have no items equipped) Next, I call Joey once to advance from frame 1 to frame 3. I already told the daycare guy no before saving so he won't call me and screw things up. Now that I've called Joey, I walk out of the daycare and hop on my bike. I go between the daycare guy's spot on rt 34 and the middle of Goldenrod City until he is facing left. Once he is, I ride up to him, save, and take my egg. Once I hatch it, it's not shiny. Which part of this am I messing up?
If it's still the same Nature and Ability, then you used the wrong ID/SID when you searched for the seed. If not, then HGSS pulled a bait-and-switch on you, as it sometimes does when it comes to shiny eggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)