Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well, thanks guys. I don't know if you can imagine how annoying it is when you reset at the perfect time, but your game doesn't actually reset...
My R trigger button became unresponsive after about 4 months worth of races in Mario Kart on the bus to work in Afghanistan... My fix was to open up my DSi with a sunglasses repair kit, and jam a tiny ball of duct tape in between the trigger button and the electric switch it actuates. Works like a champ now. :)

I have a Japanese HG game, which I intend to RNG in. However, as the elm calls are in Japanese, I cannot advance and check my seed accurately. Does anyone have the translations of which call is which, or a way of telling what Professor elm is saying?
Alexa, I picked up a Japanese version of SS to get wondercard pokes and used it for RNGing them. I just wanted to warn you that the three types of Elm calls in Japanese didn't properly show up until after I had beaten the Elite Four. Prior to that, it was impossible to RNG with Elm because I got one response only and it didn't seem to match anything on the Elm call list. You may still be able to use the radio to advance, however, prior to beating the E4.

Just wondering, for Pokewalker RNGing purposes, how would one find any frame 1 spread (like that 29/30/30/0/30/1 from a while ago, for example), since RNGReporter can only find spreads via Method 1 which will +2 when translated to Wondercard(i.e. minimum frame 3)? Not a big deal, just wondering what means of search there are for that.

I have a Japanese HG game, which I intend to RNG in. However, as the elm calls are in Japanese, I cannot advance and check my seed accurately. Does anyone have the translations of which call is which, or a way of telling what Professor elm is saying?
Ha, we actually started just knowing the Japanese version and having to translate to English... Hm, I have a picture somewhere...

There. Um, now, which is which... I think the middle one might be Kanto? Well, if you'll search back in the RNG Research thread (and probably this thread, too) you can find the information, and the original Japanese programme.

Alexa, I picked up a Japanese version of SS to get wondercard pokes and used it for RNGing them. I just wanted to warn you that the three types of Elm calls in Japanese didn't properly show up until after I had beaten the Elite Four. Prior to that, it was impossible to RNG with Elm because I got one response only and it didn't seem to match anything on the Elm call list. You may still be able to use the radio to advance, however, prior to beating the E4.
Ok, thank you Riski, Showsii and musicmeister. So if I have beaten the Elite 4, can I use elm calls to advance +1 frame?

Ok...I attempted to RNG a wondercard on HGSS for the first time. I hit my delay and I advanced my frame to 135 ( I needed 136) and then I talked to the delivery guy. When I received my Jirachi I got the one that had the IVs for the frame of 134. How did this happen? I know I hit the right frame because I was keeping track with the RNGreporter.

Also, the two roaming dogs are out as well. Do they affect it?
Anyone?

There. Um, now, which is which... I think the middle one might be Kanto? Well, if you'll search back in the RNG Research thread (and probably this thread, too) you can find the information, and the original Japanese programme.
I believe that the first one is the evolution one, second one is Kanto, third one is Pokerus. My Japanese is very poor, but I know enough to recognize that much...

Still unanswered.

Hi all,

I really need some serious help. I'm attempting Emerald RNG at the moment (catching legendaries) on my VBA. I have no idea how to find my current frame. I have Wichu's Old PokeRNG Programme and RNGDecode. Can anyone tell me how to find my frame? Just for added emphasis, I'm using Emerald, not FR/LG. Thank you everyone for your help.

Encounter slots are dependent on what frame you're on. Just take your seed and enter it into the main window of RNG Reporter with Synch/Method selected. Generate and pick a frame that you want and right click >>> encounter slots. The tables should be there via links and the number will correspond with the link given :)

Encounter slots are dependent on what frame you're on. Just take your seed and enter it into the main window of RNG Reporter with Synch/Method selected. Generate and pick a frame that you want and right click >>> encounter slots. The tables should be there via links and the number will correspond with the link given :)

YAY!! thanks!

This is probably a dumb question, but do wandering NPCs affect the RNG at all if they're not on screen? I'm going to try to RNG a shiny Corphish at Celestic Town, where there are two wandering NPCs at the top of the town, but I'm going to be fishing at the bottom of the town.

when i search for a spread in pokerng the results dont appear in the spreads file?
That almost always means that the spread you are searching for cannot be generated in your game or at all. You will have to lower the IVs you want a bit...see if that helps.

Ok...I am a bit frustrated now. I knocked out all three roamers and tried getting the Jirachi again. I again hit the frame of 135 and then talked to the delivery guy only to get the IV set that was for frame 134. I would appreciate someone, who knows what is going on, helping me out with this.

Also, I am in the Cerulean City Poke mart so there are no NPCs either.

Just a couple quick questions:

1. How do I use the RNG to catch flawless pokemon in the Safari Zone (HG, mostly, but there's also a few pokemon I'm interested in hiding in Emerald and Pearl)?

2. I still haven't collected my WORLD10 Crobat from the delivery guy, because I want to get a flawless one. Unfortunatly, it appears that in order to get him within my delay range, I need to set my calendar to about 2165, while the calendar itself doesn't go above 2099. Does anyone have a solution to this dilema?

Ok...I am a bit frustrated now. I knocked out all three roamers and tried getting the Jirachi again. I again hit the frame of 135 and then talked to the delivery guy only to get the IV set that was for frame 134. I would appreciate someone, who knows what is going on, helping me out with this.

Also, I am in the Cerulean City Poke mart so there are no NPCs either.
I haven't done a wondercard on HG/SS, but just advance it one frame less next time.

Edit: Firestorm, I suggest using emloop or pikatimer, which allow you to hit higher delays and not have to change the year of your DS. There are posts on the front page explaining how to use them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)