NBA Season 2009-2010

well they always play through him in the post; and if he isn't, kobe probably is.

tri is all about post play and passing out of it.

Apparently, Bosh has just given management a list of teams he'd be willing to go to in a S&T, assuming he chooses to ditch Toronto.

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- was given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming Bosh doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

At this point I'm hoping James does stay with Cleveland, essentially making LA the only place on that list that would entice Bosh. Then TOR and LA could work out a deal centered around Bynum for Bosh, and the Lakers could dominate the NBA for the next 5 years. Bynum's potential and upside will be missed, but hey we want someone who can actually last a full season without getting injured ;_;

Fisher/any decent PG we can get in the offseason
Kobe
Artest
Bosh
Gasol

The Lakers really need to get Kirk Hinrich somehow in the offseason. Hes a good defensive PG like Fisher, and he is younger/can score effectively. Also, Bosh and Gasol would be crazy, but out 4 and 5 would be somewhat soft. Besides that, the thought that anybody on that Laker lineup can destroy you offensively would make it hard for teams to beat this Laker team. Lebron is pertty assured that he is going to leave Cleveland. They even mentioned that if he goes to NY, he can buy shares in MSG and basically "be his own boss". If he wants to play in an ego-boosting city and make a lot more money, then hes pretty much coming to NY.

fish's actually been doing a pretty good job on nash >_> his weakness is definitely quick guards who can get to the rim (westbrook, rondo D:) but he does a great job of fighting through screens to stay on shooters. he's a master at drawing charges and with his bulk can body up on PGs who aren't that quick. afaik (check da $tats) he's done a good job of limiting/hindering opposing PGs aside from westbrook this postseason.

Nash isn't as quick as he used to be and is not physical at all. That's probably the only match-up Fisher will ever not suck complete ass in.

Well, Fisher used to be a good defensive PG until he turned 35 and couldnt keep up with faster PG's. That was pretty much my point on that, Fisher still palys good D but he cant match up with PG's faster than him anymore

fish's actually been doing a pretty good job on nash >_> his weakness is definitely quick guards who can get to the rim (westbrook, rondo D:) but he does a great job of fighting through screens to stay on shooters. he's a master at drawing charges and with his bulk can body up on PGs who aren't that quick. afaik (check da $tats) he's done a good job of limiting/hindering opposing PGs aside from westbrook this postseason.
Last time I check Deron Williams embarrassed Fisher.

But who cares, Utah fans are madgay those bastards

i think williams had only one good game in that series? i can't be assed to check the box scores, but pretty sure it was game 3.

also, bump for ORL-BOS i dunno who'll win :/

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apparently, Bosh has just given management a list of teams he'd be willing to go to in a S&T, assuming he chooses to ditch Toronto.

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- was given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming Bosh doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

At this point I'm hoping James does stay with Cleveland, essentially making LA the only place on that list that would entice Bosh. Then TOR and LA could work out a deal centered around Bynum for Bosh, and the Lakers could dominate the NBA for the next 5 years. Bynum's potential and upside will be missed, but hey we want someone who can actually last a full season without getting injured ;_;

Fisher/any decent PG we can get in the offseason
Kobe
Artest
Bosh
Gasol
i still don't see either bynum/gasol as true centers, and i'd stop giving away draft picks, but that could literally 2x 3peat, and bosh is young enough that he'll hit his prime just as kobe exits his

still, i'd get a rebounding/defensive backup center somehow too bad you traded all your picks for pau

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Williams put up good numbers every game, unless you count game 2. But that was way out of the ballpark for Fisher. He got burnt.

celtics are playing ridiculously good today in combination with the magic playing bad. i thought the magic would win today considering how this game 3 is such a must win

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
It's more of the Magic playing bad. They are having trouble handling passes and getting offensive fouls. That in combination with the Celtics playing serious is why they are in such a big hole.

Also Howard is being exposed. The Magic keep trying to dump the ball to him and let him go to work since their shots aren't falling, but he simply doesn't have the low post offense needed to beat single coverage. Magic fans got pretty complacent with Howard's decent output on ~60% shooting, but all that went away when he faced real defense. He needs to pull a Kobe and work with Hakeem this offseason imo, apparently Patrick Ewing isn't enough.

iirc he also said lebron > kobe lulz watta foo'

EDIT: 3-10 FG, 7 pts, 7 rebs

IT'S SUPERMAN FOLKS, DA BEST CENTER IN DA LEAGUE

DA-WITE HOWAARD

hakeem shaq and kareem are all prolly rolling in their graves

Williams put up good numbers every game, unless you count game 2. But that was way out of the ballpark for Fisher. He got burnt.
Can you really count Williams though? Williams is a super star, so no matter whos on him hes still gonna get his 20 a game and throw around some assists.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
iirc he also said lebron > kobe lulz watta foo'

EDIT: 3-10 FG, 7 pts, 7 rebs

IT'S SUPERMAN FOLKS, DA BEST CENTER IN DA LEAGUE

DA-WITE HOWAARD

hakeem shaq and kareem are all prolly rolling in their graves
Although i disgree with what you say at times, I agree with your comments on Howard. Actually the overall quality of big men in the game has dropped at a ridiculously alarming rate unfortunately...these days we consider people averaging 10/10 All-Star material (Greg Oden pre injury, even Brendan Hayward had people calling for him to join!) I dunno, this really needs to be addressed for the good of the game imo.

Just give the Celtics the trophy already. They already made the MVP and the best team look like dogs with their tails between their legs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)