NBA Season 2009-2010

but he simply doesn't have the low post offense needed to beat single coverage
Or single coverage against Perkins and Wallace.

It'll be interesting to see if they can do this against he Laker's frontline. Then Perkins can finally get some respect for being a damn good post defender.

It's more of the Magic playing bad. They are having trouble handling passes
That's what the Celtic defense does. It makes you take the lowest offensive option while rushing passes. EVERY team has averaged high turnovers against the Celtics in the playoffs this season. No coincidence.

At this point I consider it a 50/50 series. It really depends on how Artest performs on Pierce, and if the Lakers frontline can finally handle the physical play of the Celtics.

Rajon Rondo should also be of importance.

We'll see what happens, but the Lakers have homecourt (inb4magichadHCAtoo) where they're undefeated, the most momentum, the best front line the league, the best defensive match up anyone could possibly throw at Pierce, and the current best player in the world, Kobe Bryant. The Lakers look extremely focused and motivated, and we've seen how unstoppable they look when they're out for revenge.

I've said before that I was hoping for Boston in the Finals because the Lakers match up best with them save for Rondo, but considering the job Kobe did on Westbrook in Round 1, maybe, just maybe he won't be as much of a problem.

EDIT: LeBron certainly didn't need the Celtics to make him look like an idiot. He's been doing it all season.

herp derp lakers are untested like the magic were lololoo
compelling argument. it's not the lakers' fault they're making every other team look like shit, i mean the suns jazz and thunder would be right below the East's "big 3" if they were in the East. If the Lakers were fraud contenders who looked dominant by beating up on shit teams in the regular season/playoffs (aka cavs and magic, though magic are admittedly good and would be in the finals had cavs beaten celts) then it would've shown by now. But it hasn't; face it bud, lakers are legit.

Heat - Inept
Cavs - Scrubs
Magic - Average
After the celts were done with them yes.

And 2 of those 3 teams would beat the lakers in a 7 game series, when the celts dont back down they dont lose. They wont be backing down in the finals, they're gunna bring it right to whoever wins the western finals. Which reminds me, a series is never over after 2 home wins, the suns could still put it together in their homecourt, win both games and get some momentum heading back to LA. Don't assume you're in the finals just after 2 games. I didnt assume the celts would be there until they went up 3-0.

LA hasnt faced a team like boston in these playoffs. If its LA i say celts in 6. PHX i say celts in 5.

The Lakers are not going to beat the Celtics.
its going to be different than 08'. With Artest on Pierce now, Pierce wont have his way in this series. Last time I believe they switched between Walton/Ariza? and that is just a completely favorable matchup for Pierce. He for sure wont average 30 ppg again this series.

Also, it should be interesting to see how they handle Rondo. I'd like to think theyd increase Farmar's minutes, but that likely wont happen. They need to pressure Rondo, because these entire playoffs nobody has put pressure on him and they've let him sit there and set up plays

Who the fuck have the Lakers played again? The best they've played were the Jazz :\
The Suns and Thunder werent good? I think you just confuse The Lakers running through these playoffs with the Lakers are playing nobody. The Suns were running through good teams until we played them, but the Lakers are just running through everybody because they are just better

Whilst I agree with other parts of the post, there are actually so many things wrong with that statement that I just had to highlight it.
just my opinion. I feel if cavs/magic played LA without ever playing boston they would both beat the lakers in a 7 game series. The celts made them go down a level with how they play, i dont think LA could do that to those teams.

Can't believe Lakers are being this underestimated -_-oh well we'll see what happens i guess.

anyway phx-LA game 3 coming up! if the suns were to win a couple games in this series, then it has to start with this one. all the pressure is on them to win, or else Lakers are guaranteed to advance. Hopefully LA can pull it off though. I wouldn't mind this series going to 5 games, but I really want the Lakers to take this one.

God i'm gonna be so happy when the Lakers get REVENGE on dem Celtics ass. lol celtics fans can only cling to the past when making the case for their team xfd "two years ago herp derp afufufu blah blah toughness!"

free throws keeping the suns in the game IT'S THE THUNDER ALL OVER AGAIN ;_;

loling at frye, wish amare stopped being agressive again, he's drawing fouls like crazy. btw nash has to be one of the greatest shooters of all time. that rainbow jumper over gasol early in the game was stunning.

also kobe's beasting. if the game goes down the wire i hope kobe pulls through with another game winner, game 4 of the 06 playoffs style!

Heat - Inept
Cavs - Scrubs
Magic - Average
Another user gets added to my ignore list. Lakers fanboys are so utterly irrational. Clearly two sixty win teams two straight years are awful. (I know Orlando only got 59 both times the point remains). The East is weaker than the West, but that is pretty irrelevant, the Cavaliers and Magic were stellar teams.

IMO this celtics team looks much more dangerous than the 08 team that won the finals. They have shut down two of the best offensive teams in the playoffs back to back X_X. If they keep playing at this pace they will just run right through the Lakers / Suns ._.

So much for Magic v Suns finals.

Another user gets added to my ignore list. Lakers fanboys are so utterly irrational. Clearly two sixty win teams two straight years are awful. (I know Orlando only got 59 both times the point remains). The East is weaker than the West, but that is pretty irrelevant, the Cavaliers and Magic were stellar teams.
The Cavs are a steller regular season team, but lets ease up there when it comes playoff time buddy. There quite less than steller when it comes playoff time, especially against actually good teams

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Awesome, Stoudemire shoots as many free throws as the entire Lakers team combined; that's not shitty one sided refereeing or anything :/

The Cavs are a steller regular season team, but lets ease up there when it comes playoff time buddy. There quite less than steller when it comes playoff time, especially against actually good teams
Last I knew the Cavaliers have made it past the first round year after year. Ease up on trying to be some superior arguer, and especially ease up on the bullshit condescending language (I am not your buddy, and yes I know it was a facetious "rhetorical tool", but I despise you, so ease up on the bullshit). Even stellar teams lose in the second round. There were 4 apparently stellar teams this regular reason in the east; one was proven to maybe be not remotely so (Hawks), three were proven to basically still be so (Cavaliers, Magic, Celtics). Cavaliers lost but it is not like they were swept, they just inexplicably choked like hell and/or maybe we (but mostly you) are not giving nearly enough credit to the awesome again Celtics!

Also, all teams go on streaks and also lose them. It can happen in the playoffs, it can happen any time, it just happens. I do not just mean 8-1 streaks, I mean 3-1, 1-3 streaks. It happens in the regular season, so of course it still happens in the playoffs. Only ONE team can win each series!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)