NBA Season 2009-2010

Awesome, Stoudemire shoots as many free throws as the entire Lakers team combined; that's not shitty one sided refereeing or anything :/
It isn't. he was aggressive and attacked the basket.

also who the heck ignores over sports discussions? is this smogon or serebii? that's if you targeted me.

Awesome, Stoudemire shoots as many free throws as the entire Lakers team combined; that's not shitty one sided refereeing or anything :/
Lol, a Lakers fan complaining about bad officiating? Game 6 2002 Western Conference Finals much?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Eriic, if you knew me at all I thought that was the worst refereeing of any series I've been alive for (lateEDIT: aside from potentially Suns/Spurs a few years back), so don't patronize me and bring back an event that even the most resolute of Lakers fans can't deny was shocking for the game of basketball...

Also DerrickRose, CK was obviously not referring to you (look at the quote above his comment).

Why would you not ignore a mindless Lakers fanboy who says ridiculous shit like Magic = Average, Cavaliers = Scrubs?

I ignored Derrick Rose before. I have limited time, and I do not want to waste it on dumb Lakers fanboys ever again. They are the worst group of online sports fans I have ever encountered.

Last I knew the Cavaliers have made it past the first round year after year. Ease up on trying to be some superior arguer, and especially ease up on the bullshit condescending language (I am not your buddy, and yes I know it was a facetious "rhetorical tool", but I despise you, so ease up on the bullshit). Even stellar teams lose in the second round. There were 4 apparently stellar teams this regular reason in the east; one was proven to maybe be not remotely so (Hawks), three were proven to basically still be so (Cavaliers, Magic, Celtics). Cavaliers lost but it is not like they were swept, they just inexplicably choked like hell and/or maybe we (but mostly you) are not giving nearly enough credit to the awesome again Celtics!

Also, all teams go on streaks and also lose them. It can happen in the playoffs, it can happen any time, it just happens. I do not just mean 8-1 streaks, I mean 3-1, 1-3 streaks. It happens in the regular season, so of course it still happens in the playoffs. Only ONE team can win each series!
Yeh youre right.... They must be good for getting past the 1st round if they play the weakest team in the East the past 2 years right? I honestly just laughed at what you said. I had to. I cant believe you just mentioned the first round in an argument about the Cavs. Last time I checked, an 8th seed has only beat a 1 seed twice (not counting the lockout season). If the Cavs didnt make it past the first round the past two years as the 1 seed then shit is crazy. Its not hard to beat a depleated Pistons team and an still inexpierienced Bulls team in the past 2 years in the first round. Plus, I hate that argument about (they didnt get swept so gtfo). Last time I checked the Celtics went to 7 games with, at the time, a very inexperienced Hawks team and also went to 7 games with a just Lebron Cavs team in 08' when they won the ship. Those teams are good now, but they were barely anything in 08'.

Also, what credit dont I give to the Celtics? If you actually read back, I think I was the only one saying the Celtics would get their shit together. I'll repeat, I was the only person saying they would get their shit together come playoff time while everyone rode the dicks of the Cavs and Magic, and even the Hawks. Just for your sake, I hope you werent one of the many people that said the Wizards would make a 4th or 5th seed this year, because if you were then I cant take anything you say seriously

You should really attempt to read my whole post. I mentioned how you, with the assumption I was some hopeless laker fan boy, misjudged me by saying I would give the Celtics no credit. If you read a lot of pages back, as I stated and you managed to avoid reading, that I was the only one saying the Celtics had a realistic shot at making a run in the playoffs and how I wouldnt be surprised if they made a conference and or NBA finals appearance. During that time, others were also saying the Wizards should be guarenteed a 4th or 5th seed. My mentioning of this is that if your opinions on basketball are around that type of level where you were obviously wrong and were crazy for even saying something, then I wouldnt respect your opinion for it

I ignored Derrick Rose before. I have limited time, and I do not want to waste it on dumb Lakers fanboys ever again.
Lol so now I'm a Lakers fan for realizing how good they are? Do you hate them THAT much?

I honestly thought CaptKirby was better than this but he's just whiny like the rest of dumb immature casual nba fans. MY NAME IS FREAKING DERRICK ROSE. I don't like the Lakers anymore than you do, but facts and logic are what they are; you can't just hide your face in a sand because you hate a franchise so damn much. Get over it. It's just a game.

And you seriously have a problem with reading comprehension I see. Yes, there are ignorant fans, but to assume they are Laker fans because they think they can beat the Celtics is ridiculous. There's a difference between a dumb comment and a fanboy and all it takes is to read.

Also, what credit dont I give to the Celtics? If you actually read back, I think I was the only one saying the Celtics would get their shit together. I'll repeat, I was the only person saying they would get their shit together come playoff time while everyone rode the dicks of the Cavs and Magic, and even the Hawks. Just for your sake, I hope you werent one of the many people that said the Wizards would make a 4th or 5th seed this year, because if you were then I cant take anything you say seriously
Lakers does have a point here. I'll admit, I was a supporter of the Wizards making it back to the playoffs (I think as a 7th or 8th seed). But I mean, Flip Saunders is a good coach, and they were getting back arguably (at the time) their best player plus added fire power at the guard position and some good frontcourt players. No one could predict the injury bug would bite them so hard again and that Gilbert Arenas would get himself suspended by playing cobs and robbers with real guns lol

I know that you supported the Celtics, and I in fact thought they were done. I never claimed anything different, and I never ignored anything. I am saying that you are not giving them enough credit here and now in these playoffs. Just because your prediction before was right does not mean that you are being accurate in the present; the Celtics success against the Magic prove that their breaking the Cavaliers was more than just the Cavaliers laying down like dogs. The Cavaliers are a team that has been making it past the first round for years (since they got past the Wizards "rivalry" with them), a point that has merit whether or not they are the #1 seed (what difference does the #4-8 seed have in most years in the East?).

Again, I am completely confused about where you are coming up with this Wizards stuff, or why it would matter. The time the Celtics were dying was March, so that must be when you are referring to surely? The Wizards were already completely dead by then. If you mean the start of the season, then I still do not really get what it has to do with anything, they seem like such a random fucking choice. The only team that I thought had the potential to be "finally good" and was not was Toronto, who started the season at like 7-9 but I figured would turn the corner and end up at least 47-35 or so. Everyone else was pretty obvious from the very start of the season, e.g. Charlotte in that their defense would carry them to the playoffs, Miami in that they were wildly inconsistent, but Wade was going to keep them afloat, et cetera.

I never said nor implied anything about you being a mindless Lakers fanboy, you are a whole different sort of creature. You make just enough good points to appear to have credibility while creating train wrecks. My mindless Lakers comment was because this topic has been deluged with them for the last several weeks.

EDIT: Derrick Rose, you can stop calling me out for some supposedly poor reading comprehension. Assuming you are a Lakers fanboy because you act just like one is completely valid. I had to look to figure out why I ignored you, it was when this happened

I stopped reading right here. I say PERHAPS and you cut it out and proceed to try to railroad me for saying there could be something to what you were saying? I never said I agreed, rather that you had made okay points and had an actual basis for where you were coming from. What a fucking farcical response, unless your intent was to be insulting and manipulative.
It is not whining or dumb to never want to talk to someone like that again, I have LIMITED FUCKING TIME and am not interested in wasting it on manipulative fanboys.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Can you really count Williams though? Williams is a super star, so no matter whos on him hes still gonna get his 20 a game and throw around some assists.
What CaptKirby posted is why I made the comparison. With all the super fanboyism going on, the Lakers can apparently walk on water. It is a reality check that they aren't so perfect.

EDIT: Derrick Rose, you can stop calling me out for some supposedly poor reading comprehension. Assuming you are a Lakers fanboy because you act just like one is completely valid. I had to look to figure out why I ignored you, it was when this happened
I would say that about any team honestly. Is it really fanboyish to say the Lakers won because of their size? Are Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley fanboys too then? I mean fine, you acknowledged my point; but I went only as far after you said 'you had no basis'.

I stopped reading right here. I say PERHAPS and you cut it out and proceed to try to railroad me for saying there could be something to what you were saying? I never said I agreed, rather that you had made okay points and had an actual basis for where you were coming from. What a fucking farcical response, unless your intent was to be insulting and manipulative.

No other intent other than telling you to give Lakers credit for a win because your refusal to admit that size had something to do with it (size has something to do with EVERY win for them) is almost as bad as you getting annoyed of 'laker fanboys'. 'Laker haters' (sorry, can't come up with a better word) are just as annoying because they act fanboyish in the same way; just the opposite. So to me, it is hypocritical.

Two users call me out and yet everyone ignores how i was just mocking user Eriic for post # 934 smfh. i guess only one person can play the "discredit the team you dislike by downplaying all the achievements/merits of the teams it beat" game lol. User CaptKirby seems to have already made up his mind about Lakers fans long before I started posting in this thread, however. So yeah it really was only a matter of time before he called me out.

Anyway I was extremely disappointed with the Lakers performance, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. Phoenix had an excellent gameplan; they broke into a zone when it seemed apparent that they once again would be outscored, and the Lakers fell right into the trap by jacking up that many threes, even though it was clear that they weren't gonna be making much. Amar'e as mentioned drew fouls on our bigs like crazy, and took Bynum and Odom out of their games. Robin Lopez was also a huge WHAT THE FUCK for me; all this time I thought Brook got all the offense and Robin the defense but it appears not!

Now is where having the GOAT coach (waiting for more anti-lakers users to pounce on me here) really helps though, you can bet on your life that PJ will make the necessary adjustments. I see the Suns sticking to the zone in game 4, but the Lakers really had the proper tools to beat it all along; they just settled for jacking 3s. The Lakers have an 1. an excellent passing big man and 2. good cutters which will effectively crack open the suns' zone. At this point I'm saying Lakers in 5, though I could very well be wrong!

Additionally, in a weird way I'm kinda glad we lost that game. It's never a good thing to have an easy time throughout the playoffs (unless you're the 01 lakers). Lakers need to learn to overcome adversity just like they did last year before they can be prepared enough for the Finals. I certainly don't want them to go the way of the 09 cavs and '10 magic.

EDIT: oh yeah i hope magic win this one, i really don't want the celtics to have that much more rest than the lakers. also if they do sweep the magic then i will be that much more scared of them

btw stallion i also agree with you that the officiating looked highly suspect. people may point out that it's prolly just because i'm a biased mindless laker fanboy-troll, but seriously ever since the tim donaghy incident i've never 100% trusted the referees' officiating. there are a shitload of NBA conspiracy theories floating around, and if i may buy into their logic for just one post then i'll even dare as to say that $tern wanted to ensure that the Lakers didn't win the game. Why? because having a postseason full of sweeps is bad business for the league...

either that or it was just some good ol' homecookin' lol but really stoudemire gets fouled on seemingly every drive to the rim early on, foul-troubles bynum and odom, and yet fisher on a lay up attempt in transition gets hammered and thrown down to the floor and the refs don't call shit.

Derrick Rose, I was unwilling to change my view, but tried to say you had decent points. For this you laid the fuck into me. I am never going to respect you and this is the last time I am going to talk about it (or look at one of your posts), and if you think that is some sort of out of hand reaction, then you are just unwilling to admit that what you did was stupidly rude. I do not care about meanness at all, but even I draw the line at irrational belligerence.

I ALMOST attempted to skim through all that. But seriously fuck it.

Mike Brown fired. I hope he gets a new job. He was a decent coach. Like lebron he didn't have a team :L. inb4HEDIDHAVEATEAM

Mike Brown deserved to be fired after the way he "worked" his rotations against the Celtics. People writing off the Cavaliers/LeBron for that series should remember that Mike Brown basically went out of his way to murder his team's effectiveness.

i hope the lakers win then, jackson wouldn't walk away from a threepeat possibility. as it is though i highly doubt pj is gonna leave the lakers after this season.

Tremendous effort by Howard and friends btw. I still think that Howard's offense is very limited (how many times did he do his "catch ball in post, fake left, running hook" move) for a player of his caliber, but the Magic did a great job of setting him up and he came through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)