Nintendo Mafia - Heroes win!

HI GUYS I LOVE TO YELL AND I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU

TENNISACE SUK

BUT HIS RESULT WAS CORRECT

THIS DOESN'T MEAN HE'S A VILLAGER BUT OTHERWISE HIS ROLE DOES SEEM TO CHECK OUT

To be honest I'm not too sure about Tennisace's PM. Look at the first part of the PM he's claiming to have:

You are the store owner in the Animal Crossing series.
and now look at the Wolf example in the first post:

You were originally hired by Andross to defeat Star Fox, but you failed just like Andross.
This second PM (which we know to be real,) has a comma and is extended to say more. Look at Assassinfred's Role PM as well:

You are a Student of Goomba University, and the Heroine of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (great game :D).
It's got the comma and the extension, just like the example. Looking at my own PM, it has this very same structure. This looks like a pretty big difference in writing style to me.

Also, Tennis is saying that he inspected Umbreon Dan, whereas his role is item checker. He could just be using the two words interchangeably, which would be quite annoying to me, but to me this looks like a slip (although I don't have much experience in mafia where you're allowed to tell each other your roles).

Finally, the flavour of the role itself. While, upon talking with other players, I realise that Stars are the main item type in this game, in what way are they at all relevant to Tom Nook? Surely it would just be a full item check with more relevant flavour.

Looking at all of this, I'm going to Lynch Tennisace, although this is subject to change upon his defence.

PS: is there anyway of changing Google Chrome's spellchecker to British English rather than American English?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is mafia, the roles don't necessarily have to fit the power, though most cases they do. However voting someone because of something that the hosts' may have not added in, or because the power 'doesn't make sense' is silly. Tennis is still a suspect in my book, however we have two claims that don't match up, all we can hope for is that the inspector will target either one of them, and then confirm whichever is actually not village-aligned.

A first day lynch rarely ever goes well.

Looking at my Role PM, and at the examples ... Lynch Tennisace.
EDIT: Withdraw again. UGH, I hate indecision. Are we sure Tennisace isn't just another Porygon3 Unicyclist? I'm not sure, and action was the enemy that time ...
EDIT 2:
<SlimGuldo> Altair, if you're confirming the log is real here, are you gonna do it in the thread?
<SlimGuldo> or not?
<Awaytair> if people ask ill confirm it
EDIT 3: No lnych again
EDIT 4: See new lynch post.

Just had this conversation on IRC.

Session Start: Sat Mar 27 20:11:17 2010
Session Ident: Awaytair
[20:11] Session Ident: Awaytair (synIRC, SlimGuldo) (alright@stop.collaborate.and.listen)
[20:11] <Awaytair> hey slimguldo
[20:11] <SlimGuldo> hi
[20:11] <Awaytair> just saying that i wrote all the PMs
[20:11] <Awaytair> whether they are real or fake
[20:11] <Awaytair> :)
[20:11] <SlimGuldo> ok :)
[20:11] <SlimGuldo> can I post this in the thread?
[20:11] <Awaytair> though i like how observant you are
[20:11] <Awaytair> yeah sure
[20:11] <SlimGuldo> OK, thanks :)

Wow this moved so fast XD.

Looking at the evidence, I'm more inclined to trust Assassinfred. His role PM seems more believable to me (mario series, Altair's sense of nostaglia is clearly evident). Tom Nook just screams "oh no I have to claim, what's a Nintendo character that nobody else is likely to have?"

That said, I could be wrong, but lynch Tennisace seems like the right move. I'd like to hear from him some more.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Looking at the evidence, I'm more inclined to trust Assassinfred. His role PM seems more believable to me (mario series, Altair's sense of nostaglia is clearly evident). Tom Nook just screams "oh no I have to claim, what's a Nintendo character that nobody else is likely to have?"
First of all: this is Nintendo Mafia, not Mario Mafia. Second of all: Altair wrote all the pms, so obviously he was a fan of Animal Crossing!

Though I'm not supporting either tennisace or assassinfred, I do think that we need to lynch tennisace. My reasoning for this is that this will benefit us either way. If tennisace is mafia, then we have a village leader in assassinfred. If tennisace is villager, we pretty much have a confirmed mafia.

And it is unlikely that a mafia would false claim that early. If tennisace is mafia, then we know that assassinfred is not of that mafia. There are still 4 of each mafia, and assassinfred could be one of the other side, or one of the two neutrals (one is a wolf, most likely. Another could be anything.) Anyway ... Lynch Tennisace because we are guaranteed to get rid of a mafia somehow this way.

And it is unlikely that a mafia would false claim that early.
What? Isn't it better for mafia to prepare a false claim ASAP? Any mafia could have made a fake with Altair's help by now, couldn't they?.

If tennisace is mafia, then we know that assassinfred is not of that mafia.
Technically not true. They could both be mafia, with either assassinfred unwittingly casting suspicion on an opposing mafia, or a deliberate sacrifice in order to gain the town's trust. Also, if assassinfred is mafia, why would he cast suspicion on someone he didn't know the alignment of, anyway, when it is incredibly likely that we'd immediately become suspicious of him should his suspect turn up town?

There are still 4 of each mafia, and assassinfred could be one of the other side, or one of the two neutrals (one is a wolf, most likely. Another could be anything.)
How do you know this? Is it posted anywhere that there are exactly 4 of each mafia (and exactly 2 neutrals) or something that I missed?

Anyway ... Lynch Tennisace because we are guaranteed to get rid of a mafia somehow this way.
Not necessarily true. It's possible that both are town and assassinfred's ability yields opposite results, or perhaps his question wasn't worded properly or something. It's also possible that either are neutrals, and haven't claimed as such because they want to keep their win conditions secret for the time being.

For the time being, I'm sticking with the no lynch plan. I honestly don't trust either assassinfred or tennisace at this point, but I'd rather wait for more information before rushing headlong into a lynch.

Assasinfred's role sounds much more powerful than a normal inspector. Based on the question he asked last night, he is basically an inspector+can find out any y/n he wants too. And as far as I know, the very powerful roles generally go to neutrals.

Of course I could be all wrong, and I probably am, so I am going to go with No Lynch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)