Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Skwog
Black and White are super epically hard Nuzlockes already, making it harder seems to just make it cruel and unusual punishment on yourself (at least evolve to Servine so your starter isn't completely useless :P)

@Skwog

I have learned many times that your favourite, the one you envision beating the champion as your last pokemon left, will die. It is a rule of the universe. And it will probably die while grinding.

i managed to complete a challenge on black... even though the run i did on emerald i won with only one poke standing, and on this one i had all six, black was waaaay harder.

i just need to say that even though lilligant may have a type and coverage disadvantage, she was my MVP by a long shot. actually, she was so beast, she just got 6 quiver dances against gethisis and swept from there, even hydrogen's fire blast couldn't threaten me at +6 sp def

and i have to end with how do you guys deal with losses against n's final showdown? you have no way to get rid of pokemon between n and gethisis, and you get healed.

edit: and i started with snivy, even though he's the worst as far as types are concered, he's still fast and bulky, and can get out of holes that most other pokes can't.just give him a chance people, he's been my favorite starter

I don't know, you might be surprised at how useful some of the crappy Pokemon are. I know I was. Woobat is probably one of the most useless Pokemon in existence, it's like Gamefreak took the Zubat line, pumped it full of weaksauce, said "LOL U STILL NOT SHIT ENOUGH" and gave it an ability that actually screws it over, and then just to add insult to injury, made it ugly to boot. But I found myself having to use one after Lenora and her damn Hypnosis-spamming Watchog wiped out almost my entire team, and now ole Swishy is one of my key fighters, providing useful resistances to psychic, fighting, ground, grass, and bug, and having actually quite decent stats for the mid-game. I'll probably have to bench him eventually as the enemies become stronger, but he's more than proved his worth, saving my hide a whole bunch of times and pulling through in battles where I was sure he was gonna bite the dust.
Ugly? Ugly? UGLY?! YOU TAKE THAT BACK, GOOD SIR! Woobat is ADORABLE.

... Unaware is a bad ability now? Wut.

All right, lemme try this old Nuzlocke thing here and see if I am successful

Name: Sterm
Male
Game: Pokemon White

Rules:
1. Faint = Dead. A standard rule
2. Only first Pokemon in area can be caught. Run out of balls or kill it? Sucks for me
3. All fainted = F***d
4. No potions or crap like that. Only Centers
5. No Master Ball. Not a standard rule
6. No Repels. Just kill me now
7. No Legendaries. Very few exeptions.

Never Give Up. Never Forget. Grind Like Hell.

EPISODE 1 PART 1

Autumn evening. My good friend Cheren is beside me. It appears as if someone has left me a gift. Cheren hints the possibility of there being Pokemon inside. Bianca runs upstairs. It appears as if she was late. Cheren proceeds to scold her. The two then say I get first pick of the Pokemon. I opened the gift box. Professor Juniper left a note that confirms the gift being Pokemon. I see three Pokeballs, each with a label. I pick the one that says "Oshawott." Bianca soon afterward runs up and picks the Pokeball labeled "Tepig", giving Cheren only the choice of the "Snivy" Pokeball. Bianca soon wants action, and challenges me. I accept.

Bianca Battle 1!

I release the Pokeball to find an adorable otter-like Pokemon. Bianca releases an almost as cute pig-like Pokemon. The Professor left a card on the Pokeball that says, "Oshawott's attacks are Tackle and Tail Whip." I tell it to use Tail Whip. Bianca immediatly attaks with Tackle, ramming Oshawott into my bed, messing it up. Oshawott uses Tackle in retaliation, slamming Tepig into the wall. The battle pretty much continues like this. After a final Tackle, Tepig goes down.

Victory!

Prize: 500 poke and a broken down room

Bianca compliments me on victory, to which I silently say, "Ha, take that b****." Cheren heals us up, only to challenge me to another battle. I cannot refuse.

Cheren Battle 1!

Cheren sends out what seems to be a Pokemon version of himself. Nothing is very different from the last battle, other that a more controlled battle. I win again.

Victory!

Prize: 500 poke

Level up!
Oshawott (level 6)

Cheren says that he strangely messed up somewhere in the battle, to which I mutter to myself " You elitist f**k." He's still happy he finally battled. Bianca and Cheren go to apologize to my mom about the room.

TO BE CONTINUED...

EPISODE 1 PART 2

When I walk downstairs, the two seem to be finishing up their apology to my mom. My mom, the awesome person she is, will clean the room herself later. She then says we should be on our way to thank Professor Juniper. Cheren heads to the lab while Bianca heads home. My mom then goes up to me and tells me she heard the battles downstairs. It reminded her of her first battle. She rests my Pokemon and gives me my Xtransceiver, a high-tech version of a PokeTech.

I go outside and see all of those Pidove in front of my house fly away and Bianca walk away. I follow her. When I walk inside her house, her dad almost busts my eardrums saying the epic no. Bianca says she's a good trainer, and that she can "totally" go on an adventure. She leaves. Her mom says to me her dad is being overprotective. I leave to the lab. I see Cheren and Bianca together in front of the lab. We go inside.

The professor was waiting for us. Cheren, the impatient prick he is, introduces her. Juniper takes offense, but keeps her upbeat attitude. She then says she is researching Pokemon's existence. She observes that we already had a Pokemon battle. She asks me if I want to name my Pokemon. I name Oshawott "Otr". Check on Wikipedia to figure out why. Cheren again interrupts Juniper and says the reason for giving us Pokemon is for the Pokedex. Bianca, being a blonde, has no idea what a Pokedex is. Juniper, holding in her anger, explains the Pokedex. She asks us if we want to complete the Pokedex, to which I say "No." She then filibusters until I say yes. She then hands us the Pokedex. She asks that we meet her on Route 1. I leave.

TO BE CONTINUED

How do you like my story so far? Is it pretty good?

Nuzlocking this game is really hard. I got eaten alive by Lenora. Though, I did have awful luck. I got a Woobat instead of a Roggenrola, a Tympole instead of Timburr or Throh, and my Tepig got critted by Cress' Lillipup.

Oh well, so Matilda (trainer's name) failed. Now we try again!

Trainer name: Tanisha
Rules:
1. Faint=Dead
2. No legendaries
3. Only catch first Pokemon in area that is not a repeat.
4. Rare Candy can be used to revive a dead Pokemon once, and only once
5. No Repels
6. No Trading
7. Everything faints= Game Over

Choosing Tepig didn't go too well for me, so I think I'm going to take Snivy this time

Saw some other dude doing it. Considering there are almost no Rare Candies in the main game anyways, it doesn't happen often, and could save something irreplaceable. After losing Tepig last time caused me to lose entirely, I decided to toss it in.

So anyways, chose Snivy. Will update later

Edit: Just counted, there are 10 Rare Candies in the main story (11 during winter)

A note to people doing Nuzlockes in BW: there is a PC in one of the rooms leading up to the fight with N where you can deposit/release any fainted Pokemon. I'm not sure yet if you can return there between the fight with N and the fight with Ghetsis (somehow I doubt it) but if you can then that's how you can avoid using fainted Pokemon in the final battles

A note to people doing Nuzlockes in BW: there is a PC in one of the rooms leading up to the fight with N where you can deposit/release any fainted Pokemon. I'm not sure yet if you can return there between the fight with N and the fight with Ghetsis (somehow I doubt it) but if you can then that's how you can avoid using fainted Pokemon in the final battles
i've done the ending many times, you can heal/deposit dead pokes BEFORE N, however, after you challenge N,there is no way to change order/get rid of dead pokes as far as i'm aware.

and if you're like me, and you tend to not have a full team (becasue they keep dying/ ou can't catch anything) when you face your mascot ledgend, you're forced to catch and use it

nope, you can't. You need to take note of who died in N's battle though, since your Pokemon are somehow restored to full HP for Ghetsis.

Just a quick note about my Nuzlocke. I know I havent updated for about a week and probably won't for awhile but I'll get round to it eventually.

nope, you can't. You need to take note of who died in N's battle though, since your Pokemon are somehow restored to full HP for Ghetsis.
This is a constant problem throughout the game, with all the doctors and all... its easy to lose track in the middle of a long stretch if someone faints and you forget about it. :/

Thankfully losses on nuzlocke runs are so terrifying you tend to not forget when someone faints, unlike on normal runs where you don't pay attention.

..... I've actually had to close my ds, and back away, even after terrifying critical hits.

Just finished my nuzlocke run of white... with one pokemon remaining.... with zekrom dieing to N, go figure.

Y'know what? I'm feeling ballsy. Time for a Pokemon White Nuzlocke.

Rules:

Faint=Death; Death=Permanent Boxing

All party members die=GAME OVER

One Pokemon per area, and it has to be the first one (unless I've caught it before) (NB: "Area" means when the screen changes to a new map; e.g. the outside and inside of Pinwheel Forest count as two separate areas)

Healing Items allowed (hey, I'm not THAT ballsy)

May only buy 5 Pokeballs of any kind per PokeCenter

Must nickname ALL Pokemon (excepting Zekrom)

No Legendaries (again, except Zekrom)

Run lasts from game beginning to E4 Round 2 (including Cynthia in Undella Town)

Almost forgot, I can trade to evolve.

I will [try to] write a narrative about this run. I just have to trade over my Victini to a friend's game for safekeeping, then...it's go time.

To be honest I probably won't try doing a Nuzlocke on Black for a while, at least until I learn most of the names of Pokemon -___- although I'm already on my second playthrough of Black :D

To be honest I probably won't try doing a Nuzlocke on Black for a while, at least until I learn most of the names of Pokemon -___- although I'm already on my second playthrough of Black :D
Not knowing makes for some really funny moments.... and honestly adds a bit of fun to it. Try it anyways, worst thing that happens is you go "oh to heck with nuzlocke, I'll do this the easy way".

I gotta say though, nuzlocke is absolutely brutal ....

Not knowing makes for some really funny moments.... and honestly adds a bit of fun to it. Try it anyways, worst thing that happens is you go "oh to heck with nuzlocke, I'll do this the easy way".

I gotta say though, nuzlocke is absolutely brutal ....
That's what I did during my first playthrough of Black actually, but I didn't want to talk about the failure. Ending up at the third gym and everything I got died except my Pignite which finally fell to N's Siligilph thingy.

I currently reside at Route 10 in my 3rd Nuzlocke attempt in pokemon Black.
My previous attempts ended on the same route since I am pretty good at loosing my most valuable teammembers on this route TT and I lost interest in regrinding 4 pokes for the E4 (Sidenote: I lost my moxie + atk nature lvl 50 Krookodile last night to a crit).
I love Nuzlockes but in past standart Gens they were rather easy, which made me attempt bloody platinum and similar hacks as nuzlockes (which showed me how f-ing hard this is).

Anyway B/W is a completely other thing when it comes to Nuzlockes.
1. the exp change: this makes overleveling really hard and tedious, but makes leveling a low teammember up really easy.
2. Audino: this Pokemon is a godsent. just find a good accessible grassspot and start riding your bike back and forth until it appears then get a lot of exp.
3. Not many Routes: the few Routes make your pokemon pool much smaller this time around.

Imo this makes a B/W nuzlocke a completely other challenge than any previous gen nuzlocke.
So back to mindlessly grind my vulture and my moth larva up until they are strong enough to fight in the gym XD

Ok, something screwed up when I went to post, so I will just briefly say what happened in Episode 1 Part 3.

Caught Lillipup. Named it Fluffy.
Some guy I will call Dennis makes a speech
Some other guy named N, who I assume has 26 siblings, one of which is named Bob, loses to me.
Get Running Shoes
No capture on Route 2.
Beat Bianca.

Sorry, I wish the post did not mess up. Will post Part 4, the final part, later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)