Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
honestly the most impressive thing about curry tho is that his mom is hotter than his wife like actually tho. she kinda looks like him tho :/

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
also his jump shots hotter than his mom !

i've been waiting to say that and now its backed by statistics.

but furreal his moms ridiculous god bless

Man the OKC choke job is real. What a friggin joke.
If you want inconsistency and choke job, look no further than the Indiana Pacers. They choke in the 4th quarter ALL the time. And if it's not choking, it's just straight up poor play. We should be at least 5th in the East with our roster but no. Frank Vogel needs to be fired

The lowlight of this game was Russ passing up a wide open 3 or a shot fake and pullup jumper to give the ball to Roberson, who predictably missed his wide open 3. That's pretty much where this Thunder team is at these days.

And if you think the offense is bad, the defense is absolutely horrific. I mean, there's literally no excuse for it as it's been both a complete lack of effort and fundamentals. Can't anyone come in and put a stop to this iso street ball offense bs and establish a mentality and identity for tough defense a la Memphis?

Oh and about KD this summer. He gone

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The lowlight of this game was Russ passing up a wide open 3 or a shot fake and pullup jumper to give the ball to Roberson, who predictably missed his wide open 3. That's pretty much where this Thunder team is at these days.

And if you think the offense is bad, the defense is absolutely horrific. I mean, there's literally no excuse for it as it's been both a complete lack of effort and fundamentals. Can't anyone come in and put a stop to this iso street ball offense bs and establish a mentality and identity for tough defense a la Memphis?

Unless he gets an offer from the Warriors, KD will surely sign a 1 year deal to hit FA with Westbrook.

Also, I legitimately think I'd beat Andre Roberson in a 3 point shootout.

You're still 3rd in the West and have the potential to win it all so Idk what you're complaining about. The Pacers though...let's not talk about them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-legend-to-say-hed-defend-steph-curry-better/

god damn show more respect for this guy.

when lebron first came to the nba everyone was saying he is great and everyone loved him. his dominance in miami caused people to hate him for no reason.

same thing happening to steph. his dominance is so unreal that now people are going to hate him too if he gets more rings.

like fuck this man, were you guys dickriding mj when he was dominant? YES
Saying that people hate LeBron for no reason is just incorrect. Here are just a few of many reasons why people hate LeBron (Full disclosure - I'm a Celtics fan):

1: "His dominance in Miami caused people to hate him for no reason."

Uh, the fact that he was even in Miami to begin with was a reason to hate him. After promising Cleveland a championship, he jumped ship because the C's bounced Cleveland from the playoffs before they could make it to the finals AGAIN. It's not like Cleveland wasn't good; they had the best record in the Eastern Conference for the past two years, and both times lost in the ECF (the year before, to the Magic. The MAGIC).

2: He literally went to Miami to form a super team with Bosh and DWade. How is that not going to piss people off? Again, the Cavs were the BEST TEAM in the conference and had more than enough ability to get to the finals. Instead, LeBron decided to take part in the house that Pat Riley built and start a dynasty in Miami. And candidly, the fact that they couldn't beat the Mavs in '11 (!!!) nor the aging Spurs in '14 is embarrassing given the star power on that team. LeBron going to Miami was a close as you can get to manufacturing a championship. So yeah, people had the right to be upset. Even worse, what happened in December of 2011? Stern vetoes Chris Paul going to the Lakers, citing that it would be unfair. So CP3 on the Lakers would have been unfair, but creating a super team is just because the league can't mitigate FA signings?

I really don't LeBron that much, and (for the most part) enjoy watching him play basketball. But to say that people don't have a reason to hate him is egregiously ignorant. And as for Steph, dude, Sportscenter has turned into Stephcenter. I'm fine with that, he's more than deserved it. But that's probably going to piss off the older players who are looking at this baby-faced motherfucker, wishing they could lace up their kicks and put this 130 lb. shooting guard in his place.

Here we go again with this logic. "LeBron hasn't had the supporting cast necessary to win a title!"

Mo Williams was playing exceptionally well throughout '07-'10. West, Varejao, and Ilgauskus (not sure on the spelling for that one, sorry) were contributing significantly, and I'm pretty sure the first two were averaging double digits in scoring. They won 66 games. 66! Remember who they lost to? The Orlando Magic. PLEASE tell me how Dwight Howard had such a TREMENDOUS supporting cast when he eviscerated LeBron and the Cavs. They lost to the Celtics after winning 61 games. And they even had an aging Shaq to help guard an aging Garnett. But sure, LeBron was the only good player on that team.

Dame and McCollum the most underrated backcourt in the league? These guys have almost single-handedly helped a Blazers team left for dead compete for a playoff spot, and if the regular season ended today, they'd be the #7 seed in the West.

Dame and McCollum the most underrated backcourt in the league? These guys have almost single-handedly helped a Blazers team left for dead compete for a playoff spot, and if the regular season ended today, they'd be the #7 seed in the West.
Agree. 2nd most underrated are the Clippers with Paul and Reddick. But if we're being honest, if they're not the Warriors, they're not getting any real recognition.

My point was that the Magic did not have a strong team outside of Howard. And they didn't, as shown by the Lakers' massacre of them in five games that finals series. How can you dismiss Mo Williams is a nobody, but revere Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu as "vets?" The Cavs 100% should have won that series, and they got crushed because they didn't show up to play, not because the players around LeBron couldn't carry their weight.

I'm not hating on LeBron, but there's plenty of reason for people to, unlike what you said earlier. I'm arguing with the idea that the only reason for his consistent failure in Cleveland is his supporting cast, when it's clear that he had plenty of teams capable of winning it all. It's probably not worth arguing anymore, since you said that he can't carry a team as well as Kobe can, I'm pretty sure we're in agreement.

Alex Len is a beast. About time he got some PT for a team that's tanking. Same for D'Angelo Russell.

Bad loss for the Grizz tho. Amazingly, they're still holding up as the #5 seed.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think JJ may be the single most underrated player in the whole league.
He's a one trick pony. Granted, he's really really good at that trick, but it's still a single trick nonetheless. He showed some passing chops in Orlando, but hasn't had to do any of that in LA. He plays pretty average defense, doesn't really rebound, block shots or disrupt passing lanes - he's in the bottom 10% for all 3 of those at his position amongst starters I think. Imo he's pretty accurately rated.

I'd argue that the most underrated player in the league is Jordan Clarkson. He gets lost between Kobe's retirement, Swaggy P's presence, and Russell's rookie season, but the kid has been playing out of his mind, which he demonstrated against Golden State.

Most underrated player in the league is Will Barton, even after the Dunk Contest exposure.

Or maybe his teammate, Gary Harris, is.

Hell, I've got a good list of underrated players to throw out there (no particular order).

CJ McCollum
Jordan Clarkson
Jrue Holiday
Clint Capela
Avery Bradley
Mike Conley
Paul Millsap
Gorgui Dieng
Thaddeus Young
Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Nicolas Batum
Isaiah Thomas
Russell WestBEAST
Kevin Durant

Prolly others that deserve to be on the list, but can't think of atm.

He's a one trick pony. Granted, he's really really good at that trick, but it's still a single trick nonetheless. He showed some passing chops in Orlando, but hasn't had to do any of that in LA. He plays pretty average defense, doesn't really rebound, block shots or disrupt passing lanes - he's in the bottom 10% for all 3 of those at his position amongst starters I think. Imo he's pretty accurately rated.
Yeah agreed, he can't really do much other than shoot. And like u said, he IS REALLY good at it. He plays a HUGE role in the Clippers' offense, and he just never gets recognized for it, by players or by fans. Sure his on-ball defense and finishing inside has a lot of room for improvement, but I just think that he's always a big factor in LAC's games. Just my opinion

When Chef puts up 18 pts in the first quarter but NBATV is showing the trash knicks and clips instead <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)