Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good on KD (helps I've always been a Warriors fan but still). In the end players are remembered and judged by the championships they've won. Oh "Karl Malone was such a good player too bad he never won a championship". If I'm already gonna be making upwards of a hundred million from endorsements all I would care about is winning.. All this "bitch move" stuff is ridiculous.

but my only argument throughout each of my recent posts has been to explain the main reason for the backlash, not to charge at the bastard with torches and pitchforks.
you're back and forth. I'm not sure what you're for or against.

the "backlash" is the "crucifixion". there is no reason to care this much about what a guy does with his life that you just simply watch every day like he's some damn zoo animal.

you're back and forth. I'm not sure what you're for or against.

the "backlash" is the "crucifixion". there is no reason to care this much about what a guy does with his life that you just simply watch every day like he's some damn zoo animal.
Not at all, my posts are right in this thread for everyone to see. I've said since my first post on the subject of his decision that it's a weak/bitch move. I haven't budged on my opinion that's shared with many but just because I strongly disagree with said decision doesn't mean I believe it should ultimately mean that I think the absolute worst of KD. All I've said is that it was a weak move, I broke down my reasoning and explained that this is also the opinion of many others and why it is so. I never once said it wasn't a smart move on his part, it's possible to do both a smart and bitch move all at once, as we've seen.

The problem here as I've seen over my time using these threads is that it's very pro gsw, so speaking any facts or logic to further explain my opinion isn't going to mean shit if my opinion isn't agreeable, let's be real about that. It's possible to dislike the decision of someone as I do with KD and not outright hate the guy, though I can see how that isn't common over the internet. Do I think it was a bitch move as I already explained enough in previous posts? Yup. Do I think it was a smart move to better ensure a championship? Absolutely. That's where it ends with me, it was that simple.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
There were rumours about KD going to the Warriors before the playoffs even started. If we found out that he was strongly considering it back then, would that change the way you think about this at all?

Personally, I'm not pro-GSW. I'm pro-free-agents-signing-wherever-they-want.

Especially if it's Toronto.

Last edited:
and your explanation for it being a bitch move is a bitch move.

made up definitions of "competitiveness" and "loyalty". do you stay at a job you don't like? no? bitch.

what feels? this is something I hate about nba fans in general. this ridiculous sense of being 'entitled' to player careers. a player doesn't need to stay 'loyal' or 'go the competitor's way'. they don't play for you.

The Lil B Curse is officially over. This actually makes me sad, because KD took the easy route to remove his curse and should have just played Lil B in 21. But I guess that James Harden is still fucked though, so there's that.

Last edited:
Dwayne Wade is signing with the Bulls, loyalty is overrated these days; though he did take paycuts and Miami refuses to give the money he lost all those years.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dwayne Wade is signing with the Bulls, loyalty is overrated these days; though he did take paycuts and Miami refuses to give the money he lost all those years.
He has some loyalty to his home state though and ive seen talk from heat fans about ditching wade and bosh and moving on. Loyalty goes both ways.

idk i dont like the bulls but i guess im gonna have to start cheering for them rip

Well..my favorite player is no longer with my favorite team...well fuck. Lol

I was pretty torn between the Heat paying D-wade the money he has earned from all his sacrificing and keeping the team in a position to remain competitive for the future. I definitely wish Fatherprime well and thanks for all the memories, I remember saying once before if he ever left Miami, it would be for Chicago.

Time to see what Miami can build around Whiteside and Winslow, this season is going to be a shit show though. Hating Bosh's contract more and more.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
'ok d-lo, here's how you be an nba pg. you walk the ball up like a hobbling old man while making a meaningless hand gesture because all you have to do is dribble half the shotclock with your back to the basket and pass it to some iso fuckboy to jack up a shot (lou will or swaggy p should suffice here). if for some reason they pass you the ball then don't shoot unless there are no defenders within a 10 foot radius. if you make the shot then maybe you'll be in the league for over 10 years like me!!'

fuck calderon

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Time to see what Miami can build around Whiteside and Winslow, this season is going to be a shit show though. Hating Bosh's contract more and more.
maybe this is why wade left because heat fans literally want bosh to drop dead so they dont have to pay him

The Warriors aren't as stacked as they seem anymore. They sacrificed bench depth for KD. Let's just see how that works out for them. Bogut? The team's best rebounder and rim protector? GONE. Festus Ezeli who could come in off the bench and put up boards? GONE. Harrison Barnes? GONE. They were all important pieces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)