Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

If your core is Bargnani, Gay and DeRozan, good grief. Raptors don't even have a choice to get away from them, except to trade for another overpaid player.

Maybe trading your best offensive player while you have one of the worst offenses in the league was a mistake, huh. Grizzlies are 13-50 and letting OKC shoot for 80%. Just one game, but I still think Rudy Gay was/is a pretty good player.

Disclaimer since someone is bound to overreact: I am aware they don't have the players they got in that trade.

Lebron is loved by everyone

Durant is among the leaders in T Fouls
Do you think it's Nike's agenda to reverse their image? Durant shouting at refs, while James hugging fans. James calling out his mom at White House, while Durant is trashtalking a lot now...

Ah.

Lebron is loved by everyone
Kobe is passing the ball
Durant is among the leaders in T Fouls

Strange season so far.
Yeah, a lot of weird narratives this year. Lots of significant injuries too, unfortunately. Many things analysts and people were predicting didn't come to pass.

Do you think it's Nike's agenda to reverse their image? Durant shouting at refs, while James hugging fans. James calling out his mom at White House, while Durant is trashtalking a lot now...
No, it's the players. Kevin Durant showed his mean streak throughout the playoffs last year. He was always cold-blooded, just had the rep of being a mama's boy. Lebron was never really a mean guy. He acted like one his first season with the Heat because he had a chip on his shoulder, but winning finally let the guy relax and be the Lebron he was in Cleveland.

No, it's the players. Kevin Durant showed his mean streak throughout the playoffs last year. He was always cold-blooded, just had the rep of being a mama's boy. Lebron was never really a mean guy. He acted like one his first season with the Heat because he had a chip on his shoulder, but winning finally let the guy relax and be the Lebron he was in Cleveland.
IDK, LeBron still seems like an arrogant dickwad to me.

Anyone else watching Bogut play? Shit's exciting.

Anyone else questioning the severity of Chris Paul's injury? He's missed six games and has no set timetable to return. Joakim Noah is a question mark right now too.

:evan: :evan:
The first time I watched it, I didn't pay attention to the game clock, so I just thought Valanciunias was a total sap. After repeatedly watching it, seems more like Butler was just being an asshole. Sure it's not against the rules, but was that really necessary? Still worth a good laugh though.

Pau decided to play like it's 2010

8+ assists in five straight games for Kobe. That shit cray.

The Lakers kinda blew yet another big lead, but at least they stayed ahead this time.

Looks like D'Antoni is just saying fuck it and going "Okay just post Kobe the fuck up and involve him in EVERYTHING'

And honestly that's never failed with any coach or Laker team in terms of being the most efficient.

Is anyone ready to join me on the "Injuries are really ruining what looked like an exciting NBA season" train?

Is anyone ready to join me on the "Injuries are really ruining what looked like an exciting NBA season" train?
Absolutely. Just glancing over the CURRENT top stories on ESPN, there's stuff about all of: Duncan, Howard, Hinrich, and Sullinger are being injured in some way. And these are all just injuries that are being talked about at this particular moment in time.

Luckily, a couple key players are on their way back, like Rose and Granger.

I like how Knicks bench outscored the entire Kings team.

EDIT: How many times in your life do you see Steve Nash miss two free throws in a row?

Absolutely. Just glancing over the CURRENT top stories on ESPN, there's stuff about all of: Duncan, Howard, Hinrich, and Sullinger are being injured in some way. And these are all just injuries that are being talked about at this particular moment in time.

Luckily, a couple key players are on their way back, like Rose and Granger.
Yeah it's a shame they happen so often to impact players. Dwight, Bogut, Love, Rondo, John Wall, Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, Ginobli, Andrew Bynum, Rubio, Kyrie, etc have all had major injuries in recent months. It makes you really appreciate guys like Lebron and Kobe who somehow have managed to avoid major injuries through their careers.

Crazy how the worse the Celtics get situation-wise the harder/better they play. They're like a wounded animal - closer to death they get the more dangerous they are.

Ya know, i'm glad we won today's game vs Detroit. Although, based on the way we played towards the end, not to mention blowing the lead again.. we really should not have won.

Only reason we even won is because Detroit missed their last shot.

I've said something similar to that before, but I don't believe in "deserving to win" or "should have won." You either win or you don't. The Lakers botched their lead, yeah. But Detroit didn't play well enough for that lead to happen.

You could easily make the same argument about the Lakers' season thus far. They didn't deserve all those injuries but shit happens. I don't think the Blazers, Rockets, or Jazz are better than the Lakers but injuries happen.

Washington Wizards against the NBA's top teams:
vs. Miami: 1-2
vs. Oklahoma City: 1-0
vs. LA Clippers: 1-1
vs. Denver: 1-0
vs. San Antonio: 0-2

Combined Record: 4-5 (44%)

Washington Wizards against everyone else in the NBA: 8-30 (21%)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)