Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stats are really simple.
It has both attacks 130 instead of focusing on one to 150, and lacks 20 TBS.....
Add 20 to the corresponding attacking stat and tada.. a powered up Kyurem.

About the abilites.

It should be aparant to everyone that Gamefreak won't introduc a new ability in the middle of a geration. Have they done it before? No. I am getting exteremely pissed at anyone thinking a new ability will be introduced. The theorizing on these new Kyurem forms has gotten rediculous with no new information.
While I agree,
it could be that Turboblaze/Teravolt on Kyurem could get a BW2exclusive side-effect or who knows what, even if just for a while in the story.

I think the only move or ability to get a change will be Glaciate.

That unique effect number has to go to something

I think the only move or ability to get a change will be Glaciate.

That unique effect number has to go to something
My first thought is that it works like Effect Spore and other abilities of that ilk, Freezing the opponent if they use a contact move.

It was said that these kyurems change forms by emotions, into something called "overdrive". Overdrive sounds like your doing things faster than the standard, perhaps while in the separate overdrive forms your freezeburn/shock will not require a turn to charge. Which would be nifty if changes outside of battle, but if in battle it's kindve meh. Not gonna speculate on bst, but overdrive sounds so right for that.

It was said that these kyurems change forms by emotions, into something called "overdrive". Overdrive sounds like your doing things faster than the standard, perhaps while in the separate overdrive forms your freezeburn/shock will not require a turn to charge. Which would be nifty if changes outside of battle, but if in battle it's kindve meh. Not gonna speculate on bst, but overdrive sounds so right for that.
That's still a step up from Pressure if it changes in battle. If it's a certain HP threshold you can still use other moves like Draco Meteor or whatever until you get low enough, then attempt a sweep with those moves. Or if something like Scizor uses Bullet Punch, you can survive the hit, activate Overdrive while killing Scizor, and sweep from there.

There's no telling what Gamefreak might do. This is a true sequel, not a refinement of a storyline like other games. That's why it's entirely possible we could get new abilities.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Specially considering these Kyurem will obviously be restricted to BW2, so they could have new abilities and then revert back upon entering the Union/Wi-Fi Room.

But nah, Kyurem will totally get Snow Warning.

I doubt B2/W2 will even be able to battle B/W anyway, so new abilities and crap aren't out of the question. Hell, they could even change the damn type chart (Ice resistance to Dragon please); a such thing in a sequel isn't completely unlikely.

The reason why I think some things are going to change is Techno Buster: I have a real hard time thinking that GF would be -that- stupid to make a 85 BP attack that requires an item slot to alter it's type; and with 3 of them being outclassed by the 95 BP trio. Considering we likely won't see Genesect until a year after B2W2 is released, I wouldn't be surprised if Genesect gets completely retconned from B/W (considering that the ingame event likely will be much different in B2/W2).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Gamefreak has stated like 10 times in various interviews types and type charts aren't changing. Gen II only changed things because Psychic was super OP.

Overdrive does sound like a new ability, perhaps Kyurem does receive it? Would sure make Freeze Shock and Ice Burn more viable. And Poison-types have been the worst attacking type in the game since Gen I IMO, although Steel is pretty bad as an attacking type as well. Defensively, they're pretty good though, so it isn't ALL bad for Poison types.

Overdrive does sound like a new ability, perhaps Kyurem does receive it? Would sure make Freeze Shock and Ice Burn more viable. And Poison-types have been the worst attacking type in the game since Gen I IMO, although Steel is pretty bad as an attacking type as well. Defensively, they're pretty good though, so it isn't ALL bad for Poison types.
At least poison types in gen 1 were super effective against Bugs! Granted bugs were SE against poison but that's beside the point

At least poison types in gen 1 were super effective against Bugs! Granted bugs were SE against poison but that's beside the point
I would love to see poison become something more than it is now. The most logical thing in my opinion would be SE against bug-type (reference to insecticides, that sort of thing) and fighting-type (you can't fight well when you're badly poisoned, or can you?). But alas, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

I would love to see poison become something more than it is now. The most logical thing in my opinion would be SE against bug-type (reference to insecticides, that sort of thing) and fighting-type (you can't fight well when you're badly poisoned, or can you?). But alas, I don't see this happening anytime soon.
Water type!
Be super effective against Water type!

Water type!
Be super effective against Water type!
This would make poison-types so much more useful. We got some good grass-type boosts this gen but still, poison definitely got screwed over.

As for abilities, they may not introduce new ones but they can certainly alter the effects of old ones if they see fit. Changing DP's Hypnosis and having the newer game serve as the host for the mechanics sets the precedent for this so you never know.

Poison is the worst offensive type, IMO. The only good thing about it is Toxic and the moves that can poison. :| Defensively, they're pretty good, but Poison did get screwed over regardless.

Agreed, Blue. I doubt they'll give us a Poison Typed Legendary, since they always have to give us 3-4 Psychic Legendaries and 3-4 Dragon Legendaries each Gen.

@Blue: D= LMFAO, that would be very very interesting. o_o And it might not be as bad as it seems, since Poison does have a few key resistances, mainly to Fighting and Bug, along with an immunity to Toxic. Kyurem might actually be viable in competitive battling then, since it would lose its' horrible defensive typing. O_O I would probably laugh myself into a coma if they decide to make Kyurem's new forms Dragon/Poison. :|

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Ice is a bad defensive type and Dragon is a good defensive type, how exactly is their combination "horrible"? It's mediocre at worst.

I find really annoying how even the pokemon analyses on the site use completely arbitrary and inconsistent ways to describe a pokemon's typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)