Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii is reporting that Famistu is hinting about a new pokemon being revealed next week, but it may be revealed tomorrow on Smash.

6th gen. here we come!!! Nah it's most likely a new forme of something.......... I have no ideal of what though.

Serebii is reporting that Famistu is hinting about a new pokemon being revealed next week, but it may be revealed tomorrow on Smash.

6th gen. here we come!!! Nah it's most likely a new forme of something.......... I have no ideal of what though.
It might just be the reveal of Melloetta's Step Forme. It's not been 'officially' revealed after all, and is due to appear in the upcoming Pikachu Short.

I think.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It might just be the reveal of Melloetta's Step Forme. It's not been 'officially' revealed after all, and is due to appear in the upcoming Pikachu Short.

I think.
This. Or...?

I can't see many other candidates. Perhaps Genesect could be revealed, or some new forme of some Pokémon, but I don't think any other legendaries will get new forms this generation. Rotom was a quirky fellow, by some perceived as a legendary, but Gen. V lacks other [semi-]legendaries that aren't part of some trio.
Unless... Victini?

Definitely called the typing. *fist pump*
They had better make its stats more or less the same as Zekrom/Reshiram though, or I'm going to be EXTREMELY pissed off.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
2 more OU Dragons!

Now just give Kyurem Fusion Flare so I can stop using HP Fire or Icicle Crash & Fusion Bolt for some decent Physical Attacks that aren't Outrage.

I told u, guys :D
I believe Kyu's movepool upgrade will be good enough to make him OU.

Rotom was a stand-alone electric poke in DP and it got new forms. I think it's possible for another electric type to get forms this gen (not Emolga, because it's parallel to Pachi. HINT: Derpfish).

Ok, so, here's my speculation on Kyurem's formes:

White Kyurem
Dragon/Ice

125/90/90/130/130/95

Black Kyurem
Dragon/Ice

125/130/130/90/90/95

Ya know, because they already did the same thing with Giratina.
[/calleditsomanypagesago]

[/calleditsomanypagesago]
And you don't think that the more likely thing to happen is the respective Attack stat simply gaining Kyurems 20 missing points?

Reshiram stats: 100 - 120 - 100 - 150 - 120 - 90 -- 680
Zekrom stats: 100 - 150 - 120 - 120 - 100 - 90 -- 680

Kyurems: 125 - 130 - 90 - 130 - 90 - 95 -- 660
Black: 125 - 150 - 90 - 130 - 90 - 95 -- 680
White: 125 - 130 - 90 - 150 - 90 - 95 -- 680

Seems as obvious as it could possibly be.

EDIT: just noticed now you mean the types which to no ones surprise stay for a dozen reasons, but meh XD

This. Or...?

I can't see many other candidates. Perhaps Genesect could be revealed, or some new forme of some Pokémon, but I don't think any other legendaries will get new forms this generation. Rotom was a quirky fellow, by some perceived as a legendary, but Gen. V lacks other [semi-]legendaries that aren't part of some trio.
Unless... Victini?
That wouldn't be much of a reveal considering Victini was one of the first 5th gen Pokemon seen, available from release day and has had several events since.

Honestly might just be a proper Meloetta showing.
She's kind of gotten completely screwed over in all of this. Deserves at least Sugimori art

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
I don't think that it's out of the question that Black and White Kyurem might surpass Zekrom and Reshiram, stat-wise.

They keep emphatizing how Kyurem is "the strongest dragon". I just hope that they're not going to put extra stats in the wrong places (*cough*defenses*cough*).

They only need 5 mere extra speed points to be high OU/uber candidates.

Like I've said, one of the Defenses will probably get a boost as well. I've also noticed that Kyurem's weight does not change at all; which could imply that the Speed stays the same.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
I don't think weight matters. Rotom formes don't change weight even though they're possessed appliances (including a fridge and a washing machine) but their speed actually decreases.
It's one of the many cases wehere logic doesn't apply in the pokemon world.

Weight doesn't mean anything (barring how much it takes from Low Kick and Grass Knot), including how heavy the Pokemon actually is. Steelix would have to be made out of cork to weigh that little and Wailord would have to be a mix of hydrogen and helium.

I have a feeling the HP and Speed will stay the same (HP always stays the same between forms) and each form will get a slight boost either both its physical or Special stats while keeping the other two stats the same.

That's not how tiering works, buddy.
Ubers is OU's ban list, so yes it does work like that. If the forms are deemed Uber, they go to Uber. Ban lists aren't usage based.

Dragon/Ice is kind of boring, but I'm not surprised. One would have to assume they'll get access to Fire or Electric moves at the very least. Perhaps their abilities give them STAB on those types.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Turbo Blaze nor Terra Volt will be even remotely enough to push Kyurem anywhere near Uber or even be that useful. Nothing absorbs Dragon, Ice, or Fighting, and Kyurem kind of already rapes anything with Volt Absorb or Flash Fire with his STABs + Focus Blast. Shedinja's gonna have a bitch-fit but, who cares about him.

Hell, Kyurem could have Rayquaza's stats and still be OU. (Base 130 isn't that far off from Rayquaza anyway.)
You hit like a truck but you're well under Base 100 Speed, weak to Stealth Rock, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and have Ice Beam as your only half-decent non-Dragon STAB with Outrage as your ONLY decent Physical STAB.

I, more than anyone, love Kyurem, but I can tell you that it has flaws that no ability bar Magic Guard, Speed Boost, or Snow Warning is ever going to fix.

There's no way that you can realistically arrange those stats to make him Uber with Base 95 Speed. It's just not gonna happen. Base 150 Attack? It's a Haxorus that will never get more than one KO due to priority weakness and is beat by any Pokemon with over 95 Speed & a SE move. Choice Scarf? Scarf Jirachi, Terrakion, & Landorus out-pace you. Base 150 Sp.Attack? A Stealth Rock & Spikes weak Latios without Psyshock. Say hello to Chandelure for me down there in UU...actually that's just normal Kyurem...

Physical Kyurem is bad because it's only decent Physical move is Outrage. It doesn't even get Earthquake. And Stone Edge is pointless with Dragon-STAB. It's Scizor's wet dream; a BP-weak Dragon with no coverage. Meanwhile, a Special Attacking Kyurem can run Mixed to break Blissey, but then Scizor says hi again and your back to square one. And if you don't use Outrage, Blissey entirely trolls you. I should know. I hate her...

For Kyurem-2 to not be low OU or BL, it would need to learn Superpower via Tutor. While Kyurem has perfect coverage in Draco Meter, Ice Beam, & Focus Blast, it's udder lack of Physical moves and no moves to boost it's Stats leaves it in a limbo of mediocrity among Dragons. It's better than Hydreigon (Just check the stats) but it's worse than Latios. Unless you build your team around Kyurem or don't need Hydreigon's U-turn but want Focus Blast, you're better off using Latios.

As someone that knows Kyurem inside & out, and with the information we have currently, I can't imagine Kyurem-2 is going to make more than a few ripples in OU. That can change drastically with Move Tutors or a new ability surfacing. (No existing ability, bar those mentioned, is going to do him much good) But for now, things look very "meh" for Kyurem. The Special Attack boost to Life Orb Kyurem that White Kyurem may have would be nice, but other than that...meh.

I guess I somehow figured it's typing would be the same. I hope it's formes at least have a good ability so that it doesn't seem like a big waste of time.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
M15 trailer pretty much confirms that White Kyurem can learn fire attacks.
That alone gives it the coverage it needs to get past most of its current counters.
I'm going to assume that Black Kyurem can learn electric attacks as well.
We can safely assume that Kyurem is past its coverage problems.
The anime is actually accurate when it comes to attacks a pokemon can use, especially the recent seasons.

About the speed - it definitely needs some help there. But it doesn't *have* to reach base 100 to be OU-worthy.

You know, if White Kyurem gets a good amount of Special Defense inherited from Reshiram, it can end up being a decent Kyogre check. It's even better if it gets some of pseudo-Fire STAB and Fire moves, and retains the 130 Attack. A sun abuser than can take on Kyogre and the pink blobs would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)