Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, this strikes me as a bit of a misunderstanding. I THINK (but am not at all sure) that Black Kyurem/White Kyurem are the formes we saw first, the ones without the "cords". Sparkling Blue Black/Burning Red White would then be the "generator active" formes, and the result of the "overdrive" status. As for how the mechanics work- who knows. Maybe the Black/White formes get their 20-base-point boost in Attack stat of choice, and the overdrive ones change Kyurem's Ice-type for Electric/Fire, respectively. No real point in guessing about that. I wouldn't write off the usefulness of the new formes yet!

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Also, Overdrive... I suspect there will be lots and lots of rage coming. If this one works like Zen Darmanitan... oh, boy... biggest potential killer since Regigigas.
Actually, not really. If it is like Zen Mode, Kyurem's Attack stats are both 130 so, unlike Darmanitan, he has no problem actually using his Overdrive Forme's offensive stats. The biggest factor would be if he actually gets Icicle Crash so he doesn't have to use Outrage as his only decent Physical STAB.

It would be bad for the formes themselves if it worked that way, but for Kyurem, it would just be a massive improvement. Kyurem would use his SR weakness over the course of the match to get into Overdrive Black Kyurem, then he loses his SR weakness & his Bullet Punch & Mach Punch weakness when he actually gets into the range where priority or SR would have KOed normal Kyurem. White Kyurem would still be SR weak, but it would remove his Bullet Punch & Mach Punch weakness at least.

In fact I'd LOVE that. Give Normal Kyurem Fusion Bolt or Fusion Flare (Goodbye HP Fire) and you'd be all set.
Now that I said it out loud, there's no way it's gonna happen, but I can be hopeful at least.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Well, the way they say that Kyurem will change form when "its emotions get worked up" might allude at a Shaymin-esque form change method.
Friedship rate perhaps? Or some new outside battle mechanic?

It doesn't seem to be tied to item holding, which is good because it would restrict its potential (see: Giratina-O).

Or maybe the overdrive status is something that doesn't have anything to do with the new forms as said above and it's tied to Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

You guys do realize "Overdrive" was the same term used for Reshiram/Zekrom?

Stop overthinking this; new abilities aren't going to come within the same generation.

Clearly all Kyurem needs to do to change forms is tip its guitar up while playing Rock Band.

On a more serious note, I don't really care how we change its form as long as it can be done outside of battle. I wouldn't even mind giving it an item to change its forms, since it will still probably be a pretty useful item. Giratina-O works just fine in Ubers due to its powerful STABs, nice bulk, and immunity to Trick.

"Emotions" and "Overdrive".... Maybe it changes form due to an in story event, then after the story is complete you can change formes at will ala Deoxys.

Actually, this strikes me as a bit of a misunderstanding. I THINK (but am not at all sure) that Black Kyurem/White Kyurem are the formes we saw first, the ones without the "cords". Sparkling Blue Black/Burning Red White would then be the "generator active" formes, and the result of the "overdrive" status. As for how the mechanics work- who knows. Maybe the Black/White formes get their 20-base-point boost in Attack stat of choice, and the overdrive ones change Kyurem's Ice-type for Electric/Fire, respectively. No real point in guessing about that. I wouldn't write off the usefulness of the new formes yet!
This is possible. It'd be quite something if Kyurem ended up with five formes.
Then those of us arguing that he'll keep the Ice type and those saying he'll lose it could both be right lol.

@Katakiri
Moveset changes are one of my favorite things about new games as well. As soon as the information is out there, I try to find out which interesting new moves old Pokemon have received.

Coil Druddigon could be interesting. He's the only Poke with Snake Glare and not Coil (This thing is such a Chimaera: also the only Poke to get Poison Tail while not Poison-type or based on a venomous creature and has Shark Skin as an ability while not based on a Shark). I could see a Coil set working in lower tiers with his nice typing, decent bulk, Rough Skin, and a strong priority attack.

Another move that could give him a niche is Dragon Rush. He has Hone Claws to boost accuracy and he's the only Dragon with Sheer Force. STAB, Sheer Force, and LO boosted Dragon Rush off Druddigon's beefy attack would be monstrous.

Even with his woeful speed Druddigon could be a much better Pokemon with more moves that complement his stat spread and abilities. So here's to hoping that GF was not completely trolling us and this Dragon will go from zero to ... one, with a few movepool additions.

I honestly don't see how Druddigon would use Coil. Now Coil Dragonair, Shell Smash Shelgon, and Nature Power Tornadus and Thundurus I could see more easily, even if they're probably insanely broken on them.

I'm really only hoping things like Meinshao, Conkeldurr, and Golurk get the Elemental Punches from the Tutors to take out counters like Gliscor and things like Swoobat and Golurk get Trick/Switcheroo so they can actually abuse Klutz. Anything more than that and I'll probably end up being disappointed when the game finally comes out.

I honestly don't see how Druddigon would use Coil. Now Coil Dragonair, Shell Smash Shelgon, and Nature Power Tornadus and Thundurus I could see more easily, even if they're probably insanely broken on them.
I'm not looking for something 'broken' though, just better. Outside of Swords Dance (which would be neat with Sucker Punch but it's never getting that TM) Coil does complement his slow, bulkier stat spread. It still wouldn't be able to play with the big boys in OU but Coil would be a better Hone Claws. Coil on Dragonite would be ridiculous though and for Shell Smash Salamence, you'd need priority or it'd be gg.

If Thundurus and Tornadus got Nature Power they'd have a priority EQ...

I'm not looking for something 'broken' though, just better. Outside of Swords Dance (which would be neat with Sucker Punch but it's never getting that TM) Coil does complement his slow, bulkier stat spread. It still wouldn't be able to play with the big boys in OU but Coil would be a better Hone Claws. Coil on Dragonite would be ridiculous though and for Shell Smash Salamence, you'd need priority or it'd be gg.
What I meant was that Gamefreak usually does things that at least make a decent amount of sense. Druddigon is far to bulky to coil itself up. In fact, I could potentially see them giving it Bulk Up in the future as quite a few Pokemon have had their TM compatibilities changed.

If Thundurus and Tornadus got Nature Power they'd have a priority EQ...
I realize that. That's why I said they'd probably be broken.

What I meant was that Gamefreak usually does things that at least make a decent amount of sense. Druddigon is far to bulky to coil itself up. In fact, I could potentially see them giving it Bulk Up in the future as quite a few Pokemon have had their TM compatibilities changed.
I understand what you meant now. But I don't think that would be an impediment especially on a Pokemon that already has a weird concept (Sharkskin, Snake Glare, Poison Tail? Druddigon is not at all like the other Pokemon with those). I think it's more likely than a TM compatibility change but it's all speculation anyway.

Doesn't look like Freeze Shock and Ice Burn will be very good competitive moves, due to their charge up time. Even if you use a White Herb, or whatever the item is that negates the charge-up turn, it's still a one-time use item unless Kyurem somehow magically gets a Hail-activated item Harvest or Recycle. :|

I, personally, have high hopes for these guys:
Superpower giving KlingKlang, Durant, Sawk, & Escavalier some decent coverage
Obligatory Ice Punch for Conkeldurr, Golurk, & Krookodile
Heal Bell Gothitelle (Shadow Tag Cleric anyone?)
ThunderPunch Darmanitan
Roost for Bulk Up Braviary
Why would Sawk want Superpower?

Alright, I am going to make my prediction on the Kyurem forms:

Type: Dragon/Ice for both.

Ability: 1.5x boost to Electric/Fire attacks; grants immunity to respective types(as well as Burn immunity for White Kyurem). Also ignores Mold breaker/TeraVolt/TurboBlaze(I know this going a little far, but it's really more so that Reshiram can't use Fire on White Kyurem).

HP: 125
Att: 150/130
Def: 110/95
SpA: 130/150
SpD: 95/110
Spe: 90
Total: 700

HP never changes between forms. 150 in the higher Attack stat is expected. The lower Attack stat stays the same, as if you look at White Kyurem it looks much more physically stronger than Reshram. The higher Defense is also a hybrid, made a little more higher just because Kyurem is taking the genes of a very Physical/Special influenced Pokemon. The lower Defense gets a small boost since it is 100 for Z/R. Speed lowering makes sense, as Kyurem probably gets bigger, and thus slower, giving it the same speed stat as Z/R (again, prevents the original Kyurem from being completely outclassed). The total of 710 may seem high, but I think +50 would justify absorbing a 680 BST Pokemon's genes a little better than +40. Overall, 2+ to the Physical/Special stats, and a swap between Speed and the lower Defense.
EDIT: Turns out while I was editing stats, it actually was 700, not 710. Must have typo'd while using Window's calculator. I take back what I said, 700 is better. 660(Normal Kyu) -> 680(R/Z) -> 700 (BK/WK) -> 720 (Arceus, maybe "Ultimate" Kyu).

As for Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, I speculate that there will be a held item; the God Stone, than not only gives a 1.2x boost to Dragon/Ice/Fire/Electric attacks, it could also removes the charge up turn of those two attacks. While GF is infamous for not fixing "cool and powerful" attacks like Hyper Beam and Sky Attack, it wouldn't surprise me if GF wanted kids to use a "cooler" item than just a "boring" Power Herb to power up the two attacks, which pretty define BK/WK themselves. The charge up would also help less experience players it helping them catch them during the end game, as constant 140 power attacks would be too much too handle for the less experience.

Finally, as for movepool, I can't really tell if BK/WK will get Z/R's movepool. They probably won't get Bolt Strike and Blue Flare, but at the very least, expect Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare.

I like your theory, except I think that only the superior offensive stat gets a boost, bringing the BST total to a smooth 680. I can tell you put some thought into this, as opposed to trolltheories like "HURP DURP THEYRE GUNNA MAKE EM BOTH ICE/FIRE AND GIVE BOTH TYPES 7 MOAR WEAKNESSES TROLOLOLOLOLOL"

Alright, I am going to make my prediction on the Kyurem forms:

Type: Dragon/Ice for both.

Ability: Turbo Freeze/1.5x boost to Electric/Fire attacks; grants immunity to respective types(as well as Burn immunity for White Kyurem). Also ignores Mold breaker/TeraVolt/TurboBlaze(I know this going a little far, but it's really more so that Reshiram can't use Fire on White Kyurem).

HP: 125
Att: 150/130
Def: 110/95
SpA: 130/150
SpD: 95/110
Spe: 90
Total: 710

HP never changes between forms. 150 in the higher Attack stat is expected. The lower Attack stat stays the same, as if you look at White Kyurem it looks much more physically stronger than Reshram. The higher Defense is also a hybrid, made a little more higher just because Kyurem is taking the genes of a very Physical/Special influenced Pokemon. The lower Defense gets a small boost since it is 100 for Z/R. Speed lowering makes sense, as Kyurem probably gets bigger, and thus slower, giving it the same speed stat as Z/R (again, prevents the original Kyurem from being completely outclassed). The total of 710 may seem high, but I think +50 would justify absorbing a 680 BST Pokemon's genes a little better than +40.

As for Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, I speculate that there will be a held item; the God Stone, than not only gives a 1.2x boost to Dragon/Ice/Fire/Electric attacks, it could also removes the charge up turn of those two attacks. While GF is infamous for not fixing "cool and powerful" attacks like Hyper Beam and Sky Attack, it wouldn't surprise me if GF wanted kids to use a "cooler" item than just a "boring" Power Herb to power up the two attacks, which pretty define BK/WK themselves. The charge up would also help less experience players it helping them catch them during the end game, as constant 140 power attacks would be too much too handle for the less experience.

Finally, as for movepool, I can't really tell if BK/WK will get Z/R's movepool. They probably won't get Bolt Strike and Blue Flare, but at the very least, expect Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare.
About the abilites.

It should be aparant to everyone that Gamefreak won't introduc a new ability in the middle of a geration. Have they done it before? No. I am getting exteremely pissed at anyone thinking a new ability will be introduced. The theorizing on these new Kyurem forms has gotten rediculous with no new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)