Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm still waiting for the Regi to get a recovery move, you are all fools if you think we'll ever have a Recover tutor, unfortunately. They'll probably make a Heal Block tutor and give it to all Prankster pokémon and then some.

"Raticate used Milk Drink!"
I hope I never see that.
Rat milk doesn't sound appealing.
LMFAO, I would probably end up dropping my DS and choking on my laughter if I EVER saw that. And I second that, rat milk sounds very, very unappealing. And that would also be hysterical, no Recover tutor, but they give a freaking Heal Block tutor. ._.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
"Raticate used Milk Drink!"
I hope I never see that.
Rat milk doesn't sound appealing.
Outside of Miltank, Jynx and possibly a female Machamp are the only other ones that could use Milk Drink on themselves anyway since they're the only ones who can really reach.

On a serious note, I can somewhat envision Roost coming back as a tutor at least, which would help quite a few pokemon out. Braviary, for instance, would finally be able to use his Bulk Up set well. Of course, it also helps Poison Heal Gliscor, though it's not like he needs much help anyway. Hopefully Sleep Talk will become a tutor again as well, since the lack of Sleep Talk in Gen 5 so far has made it a bit harder for the new defensive guys that have no recovery and mono-attacking boosters.

Defensive pokemon already have a way to keep up with the power creep and it's called Evasion.
Except we ban that round here...lol

TBH, the 'competitive' community is kind of schizophrenic.
One thing that always fascinates me is the love/hate relationship with really good Pokemon.
It's a two step process: orgasm over the awesome base stats/ability/movepool followed by passionate arguments that the Pokemon be made illegal to use.
OTOH, weak Pokemon get no respect and we wonder why GF made something we will never want to use competitively.
So it's not surprise that all CAP Pokemon are anything but weak...ha

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Haha, it's the same for most enthusiats. The eternal cycle of:
- Discovery (Oh, what is this Pokémon Red game everybody speaks of?)
- Passion (I've caught them all, got two in level 100 and I'm buying Gold/Silver when it comes out)
- Addiction (Ruby and Sapphire were great, I'll buy Emerald too)
- Things change and now they suck (Oh, look at those ugly new Pokémon! Clearly Infernape is just a slightly changed Blaziken, and Dialga/Palkia don't look like Pokémon. Also, Sinnoh sucks)
- Rediscovery (HeartGold/SoulSilver! They take me ten years back to my childhood!)
- Discovery of fan base (Smogon? What's... oh, look, Pokémon fans who can spell! AND keep an intelligent discussion!)
- Euphoria (I can play with all my favourite Pokémon at lvl 100 without grinding for hours to train them! Against thinking opponents too!)
- Herd mentality (If I'm getting Black/White? Why do you ask? Everybody's getting it, duh!)
- Backlash (Those new Pokémon are UGLY! Ice creams? Garbage? Emboar?)
- Cynicism (Charizard sucks. It has terrible typing, SR weakness and lacks usable STAB. Also, Vileplume is totally a joke and Entei is pathetic)
- Hype (Black/White 2? Looks...)
- Cynic hype (Two versions? Money-grabbing ********)
- Competitive mentality (I want Roost and Close Combat tutors. And better AI. The games are too easy. GameFreak should watch where they're going, they may risk their truly devoted fans leaving them)
- Grim accept (String Shot tutors? Lazy idiots. And why doesn't Gengar get Nasty Plot, again? It's a nasty plotter, for **** sake! I hate TrollFreak, they only do this to piss us off)
- Hypocrisy (Laugh at newbies expecting new mechanics mid-generation. Rage at GameFreak for not fixing the "obviously broken" Stealth Rock. Dismiss all new Pokémon as ugly. Call for them to be banned as soon as you're beaten by a guy using them. Post lengthy rants at Nintendo sites/ fan sites explaining why the games, metagame and franchise now suck donkey ears. Post anti-Voltturn slogans in your signature, but admit to "being forced to use it" to advance on the ladder. Laugh loudly at ten-year olds wanting to use their favourites. Use the phrase "We're not a site centering on how to lose". Play the games regardless)
- True sadness (Rant about other people's opinions on the forums)

Compare to... say, the construction phase of a popular roller coaster: http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29863
First, people hear the rumours. Dismiss them as "too good to be true" or "totally fake".
Then, evidence starts to pile up. Track appears on site. The same people are going ape dung over the possibilities of a "true force machine", or at the very least "it's about time they got a proper coaster".
Official announcement. Huge disappointment because it isn't the tallest/fastest/steepest out there, or there exists a ride which does "exactly the same" half the world away. Somebody are bound to comment on how short it is.
Construction begins. Comments like "Oh, how steep!" or "This looks like a very forceful corner" are thrown around.
Pictures of the trains are released. They are always stated to be "Ugly" or "uncomfortable", or both.
Themeing goes up. People will whine because it doesn't match the concept art.
First testing videos. The stock phase "It literally CRAWLS over those hills" are mandatory. A common variant is "It does nothing after the mid-course brake at all". Those people are usually the same who complained at the ride being too short.
Opening day. The ride is thorougly ridden by enthusiasts from all over the world. If it is generally acclaimed, a true enthusiast will bring up how much better this or that other coaster does the same things.
If it's a disappointment, they will laugh at everybody who "didn't see that coming". Then they will proceed to write lengthy prose on how much the ride sucks, and why. Reviews are often done turn for turn, element for element.
If it's generally regarded as terrible, they will start making jokes about how terrible it is. Or call people whiners and wuzzes and tell everybody how good it is, if you sit in the right front seat of the blue train on a sunny day late in the afternoon or something.
In later years when the coaster is brought up in a conversation, the views will often change. "It grew on me" is generally considered more mature than "I never said that". The phrase "I was just wrong" is NEVER seen.

I have examples.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So, Cobraroll's argument is "most Pokémon enthusiasts are whiny douchebags" ?__? I know we're talking about Pokémon and fanbases and INTERNET here, but I really don't see it that way lol.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
So, Cobraroll's argument is "most Pokémon enthusiasts are whiny douchebags" ?__? I know we're talking about Pokémon and fanbases and INTERNET here, but I really don't see it that way lol.
The argument is more like "Sooner or later, most Pokémon enthusiasts will act like whiny douchebags for a while". I might add a last phase, when you play the games because you enjoy them, and stop caring about the raw numbers.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
If they're Dragon/[Fire/Electric], the Mold Breaker clones IMO would be better since it would let them break through stuff they couldn't otherwise, just like Zek and Resh.

If they ARE Dragon/Ice, then yeah, Snow Warning would be soooooo much better.

I still wonder if THESE Kyurems will be provided with enough stuff to be Uber, lol. They can't possibly fuck up Kyurem THREE TIMES. Right? Right? RIGHT?
Shaymin-S went from pure Grass to Grass/Flying (a far worse typing IMO) but it only took the addition of Air Slash, Serene Grace and a stat redistribution to make it go straight to ubers from UU.

They could do something crazy like taking a large chunk of Black Kyurem's Sp.Atk and convert it into Atk (and the other way around for White Kyurem) as well as giving them a bit more speed so that they have something like 170/100/100 and 100/170/100 offenses which would make both formes instantly uber regardless of their typing for obvious reasons. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

...or they could troll poor Kyurem again.
However, being cover legendaries I expect them to make them OU-worthy at the very least.
Trollfreak is still Trollfreak, but it has been giving us a few plesant surprises in the past. I'm confident they'll do it again.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
gonna go ahead and post this anyway, because why not really:

("Mat" is me)

[18:01] <07+Mat> anyway, what i was gonna say was
[18:02] <07+Mat> i've been reading the black and white 2 thread and they're talking about placeholder data in black and white and how there isn't any
[18:02] <07+Mat> but
[18:02] <07+Mat> black and white evaluate the species number against 651, not 649, in some functions
[18:03] <07+Mat> so.. idk, i wonder if black and white kyurem were originally considered to be in bw, or possibly in bw at some point
[18:05] <07+Mat> that would explain why the data for kyurem wasn't removed or maybe never used

i can post the routines if anyone is interested. though, i would have to find them again. it definitely checks against 651 when setting up random wild encounters, and i think a few other places. i'm certainly curious as to what was originally planned. i've been talking about the 2 extra spots since like last october, but had no context for what they might have been.

Didn't someone say there was placeholder data for alternate forms for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin in DP? It's just no one ever thought to look for something like that. I don't think Kyurem's new forms were originally supposed to be in BW, especially if there was placeholder data for the Pt forms in DP.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Just going to try to counter some of this.

Haha, it's the same for most enthusiats. The eternal cycle of:
- Discovery (Oh, what is this Pokémon Red game everybody speaks of?)
Can't argue with this, you have to discover it. Not much to say.
- Passion (I've caught them all, got two in level 100 and I'm buying Gold/Silver when it comes out)
- Addiction (Ruby and Sapphire were great, I'll buy Emerald too)
Both the same thing, really.
- Things change and now they suck (Oh, look at those ugly new Pokémon! Clearly Infernape is just a slightly changed Blaziken, and Dialga/Palkia don't look like Pokémon. Also, Sinnoh sucks)
Sinnoh DID suck. It added almost nothing new to the table, with most new pokemon being evolutions of pokemon you could only catch once you beat the game. The reason people hated it was because NOTHING changed.
- Rediscovery (HeartGold/SoulSilver! They take me ten years back to my childhood!)
Played gold/silver very few times, don't remember them from my childhood. Still great games.
- Discovery of fan base (Smogon? What's... oh, look, Pokémon fans who can spell! AND keep an intelligent discussion!)
Happened before Hg/SS to me, was awesome.
- Euphoria (I can play with all my favourite Pokémon at lvl 100 without grinding for hours to train them! Against thinking opponents too!)
Got that during the battle factory, but yes.
- Herd mentality (If I'm getting Black/White? Why do you ask? Everybody's getting it, duh!)
This never happened-after diamond/pearl's shittiness, i wanted to wait and see. Turns out these games weren't so great, so i may never buy one, or buy it cheap.
- Backlash (Those new Pokémon are UGLY! Ice creams? Garbage? Emboar?)
Never had a problem with this. Ugly or ripoff pokemon are a staple of the franchise.
- Cynicism (Charizard sucks. It has terrible typing, SR weakness and lacks usable STAB. Also, Vileplume is totally a joke and Entei is pathetic)
Was always cynical about pokemon, once i could understand it.
- Hype (Black/White 2? Looks...)
- Cynic hype (Two versions? Money-grabbing ********)
All pokemon hype to me is cynic hype.
- Competitive mentality (I want Roost and Close Combat tutors. And better AI. The games are too easy. GameFreak should watch where they're going, they may risk their truly devoted fans leaving them)
If the games were hard, they might risk their truly devoted fans-that is to say, small children-leaving them. Hell, i played platinum once and it was ridiculously hard-having higher levels, more evolved pokemon, and awesome TMS can only be balanced if the AI is stupid.Also, i do want competitive tutors.
- Grim accept (String Shot tutors? Lazy idiots. And why doesn't Gengar get Nasty Plot, again? It's a nasty plotter, for **** sake! I hate TrollFreak, they only do this to piss us off)
Always and forever.
- Hypocrisy (Laugh at newbies expecting new mechanics mid-generation. Rage at GameFreak for not fixing the "obviously broken" Stealth Rock. Dismiss all new Pokémon as ugly. Call for them to be banned as soon as you're beaten by a guy using them. Post lengthy rants at Nintendo sites/ fan sites explaining why the games, metagame and franchise now suck donkey ears. Post anti-Voltturn slogans in your signature, but admit to "being forced to use it" to advance on the ladder. Laugh loudly at ten-year olds wanting to use their favourites. Use the phrase "We're not a site centering on how to lose". Play the games regardless)
Of course you laugh at people who don't understand basic coding. I don't rage because it's not broken. They're not, and i don't call for bans from being beaten. I don't touch nintendo sites or volt-turn. I laugh at ten-year-olds because they should GTFO of competitive pokes. Never used that phrase. Play the hell out of the games.
- True sadness (Rant about other people's opinions on the forums)
You mean, true happiness.
Compare to... say, the construction phase of a popular roller coaster: http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29863
First, people hear the rumours. Dismiss them as "too good to be true" or "totally fake".
Then, evidence starts to pile up. Track appears on site. The same people are going ape dung over the possibilities of a "true force machine", or at the very least "it's about time they got a proper coaster".
Official announcement. Huge disappointment because it isn't the tallest/fastest/steepest out there, or there exists a ride which does "exactly the same" half the world away. Somebody are bound to comment on how short it is.
Construction begins. Comments like "Oh, how steep!" or "This looks like a very forceful corner" are thrown around.
Pictures of the trains are released. They are always stated to be "Ugly" or "uncomfortable", or both.
Themeing goes up. People will whine because it doesn't match the concept art.
First testing videos. The stock phase "It literally CRAWLS over those hills" are mandatory. A common variant is "It does nothing after the mid-course brake at all". Those people are usually the same who complained at the ride being too short.
Opening day. The ride is thorougly ridden by enthusiasts from all over the world. If it is generally acclaimed, a true enthusiast will bring up how much better this or that other coaster does the same things.
If it's a disappointment, they will laugh at everybody who "didn't see that coming". Then they will proceed to write lengthy prose on how much the ride sucks, and why. Reviews are often done turn for turn, element for element.
If it's generally regarded as terrible, they will start making jokes about how terrible it is. Or call people whiners and wuzzes and tell everybody how good it is, if you sit in the right front seat of the blue train on a sunny day late in the afternoon or something.
In later years when the coaster is brought up in a conversation, the views will often change. "It grew on me" is generally considered more mature than "I never said that". The phrase "I was just wrong" is NEVER seen.

I have examples.
I have counters.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
The Pokémon Daisuki Club has revealed the official names of the Kyurem formes known previously as Black and White Kyurem.
The formes will be known as Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem and Burning Red White Kyurem, respectively. Kyurem will change forme when its emotions get worked up and going into "Overdrive" status.
Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem and Burning Red White Kyurem will be the version mascots for the upcoming Pokémon Black and White 2.
Overdrive? Burning Red!? Obvious comparison!?!! Hell yes!

This hand of mine is BURNING RED!
Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!
ERUPTING BURNING FINGER!

Burning Red White Kyurem is the best Pokemon name ever.

The Vanillite-line is one of my favourites from Unova :shrug:

Anyway, I wonder when they plan to reveal Genesect. Keldeo & Meloetta were revealed in the last few months, which leaves just Genesect. I quite like the lore behind it... An ancient predatory insect being transformed into a cannon-weilding cyborg by Team Plasma. Sounds a bit Mewtwo-y, eh? I wonder if it will have a movie tie-in / reveal, or just some kinda BW2 ingame event...

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Joking aside, I don't like the sound of "Kyurem will change forme when its emotions get worked up and going into "Overdrive" status."

That sounds a little too much like Darmanitan's Zen Mode. It's even more worrisome that they actually called it "Overdrive" when the Kyurem Formes themselves have names of their own already. It makes it sound like it's an ability or something. Although Kyurem can already use both his attack stats normally, unlike Darmanitan, the extremely vague conditions of Overdrive worries me. Eh. I'll hope for the best I guess.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I cannot wait for these new Kyurem formes to shake up the OU metagame (or even Ubers :X) I am more excited about these formes than Keldeo's imminent release :d

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I cannot wait for these new Kyurem formes to shake up the OU metagame (or even Ubers :X) I am more excited about these formes than Keldeo's imminent release :d
You and me both, brother. I'm more excited about changes as a whole than I am about Keldeo. (Keldeo looks like he'll be released after BW2 anyway) Tutors, Moveset changes, Move Mechanic Changes, (will Hypnosis or Dig be messed with AGAIN?) & 5th Gen Pokemon's DW Abilities. Keldeo's a pretty minor addition in the grand scale of things.

Who knows? Platinum gave Scizor Bullet Punch and Salamence & Flygon Outrage. For all we know we could have another average Pokemon like them get one move that brings it to the pinnacle of OU. (Aside from the DW Pokemon we already know about.)

I, personally, have high hopes for these guys:
Superpower giving KlingKlang, Durant, Sawk, & Escavalier some decent coverage
Obligatory Ice Punch for Conkeldurr, Golurk, & Krookodile
Heal Bell Gothitelle (Shadow Tag Cleric anyone?)
ThunderPunch Darmanitan
Roost for Bulk Up Braviary

and PLEASE, in the name of Satoshi Tajiri, give us a Rapid Spin tutor for Golem, Electrode, Mew, Bellossom, Ludicolo, Solrock, Spiritomb, Scolipede, Lilligant, Ferrothorn, Klingklang, & Tornadus. They all should have had Rapid Spin in the first place! (minus Mew)

I have such high hopes for B&W2.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Sparkling Blue Kyurem sounds like a brand of mineral water, while Burning Red Kyurem brings engery drinks to mind. I suspect the English names will be slightly different. The English translation team have always toned down the cheesiness of most Japanese names.

Also, Overdrive... I suspect there will be lots and lots of rage coming. If this one works like Zen Darmanitan... oh, boy... biggest potential killer since Regigigas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)