Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they let me challenge all the old gym leaders, at a flat-battle format (forced level 50 or 100 or whatever) I might just get it for that. Freakin sweet.

Considering what some of the second gym leaders have used (Starmie, Scyther, Roserade, Watchog), having us battle a Garbodor at the second gym wouldn't exactly be a crazy thing for them to do.

This is going to be really interesting! and is less predictable than a pokemon grey game (emerald, crystal or platinum style) and finally a pokemon fusion, this one just looks... eh. the zekrom fusion looks ok but the reshiram one is lacking... Definitely going for Pokemon Black 2 over white 2, (I always liked zekrom better anyway)
Wait, since its still going to be 2 split games, does this mean there's still going to be the classic "Game A has this set of pokemon that Game B doesn't and vice versa* Meaning that if we wanted to really catch them all, we'd either have to trade or get both games? Part of the reason to get "third" games was to avoid that. Either way, I'm still keenly interested and can't wait until we get more details, and the game eventually drops.
Sidenote - It seems like they've brought out all of the legendary pokemon in the movie except the robotic bug pokemon which means we may or may not get another B/W(II) movie... (unless he was in one of the movies I missed)

I don't think this will be another Lance. Did Elesa have a Tynamo in the games? No. She had a second Emolga. The anime and the games aren't really consistent. I may be wrong, however.

I don't think this will be another Lance. Did Elesa have a Tynamo in the games? No. She had a second Emolga. The anime and the games aren't really consistent. I may be wrong, however.
Especially since her anime appearance has 3 Pokemon, not 2.
She's guaranteed to not have at least one of the things

It's a part of the new side-attraction, PokéWood. Mecha Tyranitar is a stage prop, per say. Not even a small story event, unless they make it mandatory to do something in PokéWood for some reason or another.

It's a part of the new side-attraction, PokéWood. Mecha Tyranitar is a stage prop, per say. Not even a small story event, unless they make it mandatory to do something in PokéWood for some reason or another.
Well, Brycen was a star in many of the movies made in PokeWood, so it's likely that they make it mandatory so that you can face Brycen.

Also, on a slightly related note. Has anyone else noticed that the area pokewood (or world tournament, whichever one isn't in Nimbasa) is located looks strangely similar to where the Celestial Tower was? I don't know, maybe that was already discussed and I just happened to miss it, but it seems strange to me that Celestial Tower hasn't been mentioned or even shown.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Err... they've already announced some new Gym Leaders. Homika and some fish guy. As for Elite Four, only time will tell. I don't think that N will be champion since he's left for somewhere and he's all depressed or something. I think Alder will remain champion; unless Cheren has taken that spot. Who knows.

Nothing preventing Cheren from being 1st GL AND champion, wasn't beating the champion one of his major goals in B/W?
I don't think he will be the champion but until they announce who is even Youngster Joey is a possibility.

Youngster Joey with his Level 100 Rattata is champion.

Nah, I'm thinking that the champion is B/W 1 Protagonist.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Eh, I doubt they'd give him a role in this new game. Maybe you'll pass by him or something, but the champ? I doubt it.

Nothing preventing Cheren from being 1st GL AND champion, wasn't beating the champion one of his major goals in B/W?
I don't think he will be the champion but until they announce who is even Youngster Joey is a possibility.
No offence intended, and this is not personal but goes for everyone, but people seem to forget that there was character development in B/W. Beating the champion was Cheren's goal at the start, but after meeting Alder he wondered what that meant and why he would do it. At the end of B/W, Cheren didn't know what to do.
With the sequel, it looks like he's found his goal, teaching others at the trainer's school.

So for anyone wondering why Cheren would only be first Gym Leader when he wanted to be strong, at the end of the last game he had abandoned that goal. Therefore, he won't be Champion either.

PS Alder has been showcased in some screenshots and he seems to still be champion. Perhaps someone else will have beaten him by the time we get there, but it won't be Cheren.

Well only because he appears in the game to help you out doesn't mean that he's (still) the champion. True, usually 'the character randomly helping you out a few times in the game' is the champion, but not always, eg. with Looker in Platinum. I myself didn't like to fight Alder at all, I didn't enjoy it, so I'm hoping for a new champion, but I have no clue about who it could be.

So yeah, Alder probably still is champion :'(

Cynthia for first double region champion!

All jokes asside, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the protagonist was the champion for this game. It makes sense, considering you become the champion in B/W, though exactly how they'd structure the team is up in the air. Aside from a starter (or maybe more than one starter) what the team might be isn't really set in stone, and would likely be harder to figure out than say Red was in GSC and HGSS.

More likely though, yeah, it'll probably just be Alder again. I'd really like it if it was different champion though, as two years have passed and all so it would make sense to see some changes...

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
Unless they did it like G/S or HG/SS where one of the past E4 is the champion now. Although, I highly doubt that they'd do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)