Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, two, Pokabu's gonna evolve into a Fire/Ground boar. A desert fox would be nice and could work well as a Fire/Ground as well, provided the Pokabu evo doesn't take that already. Electric/Ground could be good, too.
Fire/Ground... is actually a really, really good typing. One immunity, several resists, no SR weakness, two insane STABs and only 2 weaknesses (unfortunately, one is Water) make for an incredible offensive sweeper. If only Camerupt had non-shitty stats, it would have been OU with ease.

I hope the internet thing leads to some online massive multiplayer action. Shoddy's fun and all, but I want to battle some teams that wern't made with countering OUs in mind. Sometimes when your battling a regular player you try to anticipate moves that arn't coming, or set up defenses for a non-existent threat.

Am i only one who thinks we might not seeing anything new at nintendo confrence.
You're not the only one. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they simply fed us information we already knew. One can still hope for something new like battle footage or some in-depth info on some of the new Pokemon.

There probably won't be. Nintendo rarely says anything about Pokemon games, and if they do, it's never new. The last thing they mentioned Pokemon related was something about Pokemon Ranger last year and it was just that....Pokemon Ranger was coming out. Well, the sequels or something, that is.

I hope the internet thing leads to some online massive multiplayer action. Shoddy's fun and all, but I want to battle some teams that wern't made with countering OUs in mind. Sometimes when your battling a regular player you try to anticipate moves that arn't coming, or set up defenses for a non-existent threat.
I assume it will end up working like PBR's random battle system. So instead of counter-OU you'll face team after team of 6 ubers :P but I do agree with you. I also hope they add clause options to battles, again like in PBR. I love wifi, but I also love sleep & freeze clauses and it sucks to have to have them player enforced.

Am i only one who thinks we might not seeing anything new at nintendo confrence.
Well I just heard Morgan Webb talk about what she wanted to see at the Nintendo press conference, no mention of Pokemon. No one on X-Play seems to care about Pokemon anymore, so it's not surprising.

Anyway, I think we need a Fire-type HM. It would force Gamefreak to give us a few Fire-types to play with.

Type: Fire
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 20
Category: Status
Priority: 0
Effect: Sacrifices half of the user's remaining HP to hit the opponent the same amount. (If you have 100 HP remaining, you take 50 HP away and hit your opponent 50 HP, it doesn't do damage to yourself to it can't activate your own Flash Fire.) If the opponent has Flash Fire, the move simply fails (you don't hit yourself and Flash Fire doesn't activate).

Out of Battle: The Pokemon creates an explosion that blows holes in cracked walls (the same way that Bombette does it in Paper Mario). The Pokemon doesn't do damage to itself outside of battle.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I like that. Could open up new caves or even make new paths from removing obstacles or something.

Or Explosion could just get an overworld feature lol.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I like that. Could open up new caves or even make new paths from removing obstacles or something.

Or Explosion could just get an overworld feature lol.
Thanks. Explosion would work but I want this to replace Cut and Explosion is too powerful in the begining of the game.

I'm a little late to the party but I actually like every single new pokemon that has been revealed thus far.

Hihidaruma looks a little "different" but in a good way. I love the design.

Shimama also looks different and unique. I hope that it's shiny coloration inverts it.

Meguroko =/ Desertdile, it's awesome. If it's a bit fast then I think that it's trait will be very very nice

Mamepato. I hope that this bird pokemon is specially offensive.

Munna....Was actually hinted to by a certain Lass Trainer in FR/LG. She mentions a pink pokemon with a flora pattern.

Gear..is cute is an odd way. I like it.

Chiramii is absolutely adorable. The cutest pokemon to this date by far imo. If it's an early game ratata,sentrent,zigzagoon,bidoof, I may line my entire team with them :x

They'll probably be more interested in showcasing Zelda and Metroid, to be honest.
I honestly want golden sun but meh

Ive revamped my opinion of the starters

i think GF reverse trolled us by making Mijimaru/SadOtter soo stupid looking that no one would choose him. When it turns out hes the best of the 3! lol

Jk im still choosing smugleaf.
Im getting the Japanese version. or waiting for a hacked ROM english translation version. Probs gonna do a video walk through.

The main reason I don't want to get Mijumaru is that there will probably be a boatload of Water types to choose from while good Grass and Fire types might be rare.

Also, how did we go an entire day and miss this.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

(I'd copy the text but for some sort of legal reason, Serebii won't let me and I'm too lazy to type it out.)

There is definitely a way to transfer Pokemon from DPPt/HGSS to BW Wirelessly. Much to our dismay, it appears to be one at a time. The C-Gear can be used over Wi-Fi, Wireless, and Infared (WTF?). In the battle screen, there's a tab that tells you what weather is up. (I've always wanted this but never realized it.)

Anyway, I think we need a Fire-type HM. It would force Gamefreak to give us a few Fire-types to play with.

Type: Fire
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 20
Category: Status
Priority: 0
Effect: Sacrifices half of the user's remaining HP to hit the opponent the same amount. (If you have 100 HP remaining, you take 50 HP away and hit your opponent 50 HP, it doesn't do damage to yourself to it can't activate your own Flash Fire.) If the opponent has Flash Fire, the move simply fails (you don't hit yourself and Flash Fire doesn't activate).

Out of Battle: The Pokemon creates an explosion that blows holes in cracked walls (the same way that Bombette does it in Paper Mario). The Pokemon doesn't do damage to itself outside of battle.
Definitely among the best ideas in this thread, I like it a lot! Though PP should probably be 5 or 10 at most.

Wait...there better be some way to transfer Pokemon from DPPt/HGSS without two DSs...I don't have two! And most people don't!

One at a time?...it better be quick and without any large walls of text/long animations *glares at trading animation*

Definitely among the best ideas in this thread, I like it a lot! Though PP should probably be 5 or 10 at most.
Thanks, yeah I'm not really good at figuring out what the PP of moves should be.

EeveeSkitty, hopefully Gamefreak realizes that and makes it so you can put them into some sort of GTS or whatever and take them out in BW. Making you do that individually would be a major pain so I'm really hoping for a mass transfer system.

Wait...there better be some way to transfer Pokemon from DPPt/HGSS without two DSs...I don't have two! And most people don't!
Glad I'm not the only one who thought about that. I'll be heavily disappointed if they're no way an individual person could transfer Pokemon from his/her DPPt/HGSS to his/her BW.

EeveeSkitty, hopefully Gamefreak realizes that and makes it so you can put them into some sort of GTS or whatever and take them out in BW.
Like some kind of wireless storage box where only those with your DPPt/HGSS FC can access it? Not sure if it could be implement but it could be kinda cool to have.

You should be able to trade right from the PC. You could highlight all the Pokemon you want to trade, then the other player highlights what they would like to trade. Seems pretty simple.

I'll be watching the Nintendo press conference regardless in hopes of the new Zelda game.

Hmm, the GTS system would be awesome, you'd have to register each other's Friend Code and then you can transfer/trade Pokemon from Gen 4 and Gen 5. And that way, people could use this system for trading with people all over the world, if they both had a game from a different generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)