Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
machamp is in general a better choice on TR...or pretty much any team between the two :)
Hmm...really? I've found both useful on many occasions but have never really seen too much of a difference..I don't know, I'll have to test both out...Unfortunately NBS doesn't have Platinum moves onward so I'll have to wait for Shoddy Battle 2 to come out to fully test my team...

EDIT: NBS just got that update with Platinum moves onward and stuff like that, so I'll be testing both soon..TrickStorm anyone?

Well I prefer The fat guy Hariyama for one reason. Fake out. that normally makes the difference. You can always go Facade Guts Brave Ursaring too ;D (won me a lot of games)

has anyone thought of using Lugia as a Supporter?

Lugia @ Leftovers
Bold
-Psychic
-Calm mind
-Recover
-Aeroblast

it can either attack or keep calm minding / Recover then one of your pokemon can come in and Psych -up.

Sash Smeargle is little more than a minor annoyance. Scarf Void Smeargle, on the other hand, is a HUGE pain in the ass, unless you have your own faster Scarfer (like Kyogre.) However, I'm not really a fan of Choice items in the VGC, especially this year. With Dialga and Palkia running around and resisting practically everything, being locked into Water Spout is a VERY bad idea.
scarfviod smeargle can be wrecked in one turn with hariyama and noir, fake out and tr ruin it

The location for U.S. nationals has been announced:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/op_nats10_date-announce-2010-02-16/

The 2010 U.S. National Championships happen this June!

Pokémon Organized Play is pleased to announce that the 2010 U.S. National Championships will take place June 25th through June 27th at the Indiana Convention Center, located at 100 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana 46225.

The Indiana Convention Center, located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, offers competitors and spectators a variety of accommodations and meal options with nearly a dozen hotels within walking distance and even more restaurants nearby to fit any budget. All of these are just minutes from the front door of what is sure to be the biggest Pokémon tournament of the year.

We look forward to seeing all of you in Indianapolis this summer!

No, it will be in the same place. They did the exactly the same thing last year in St. Louis, so there would be no reason to book different hotels in a totally different city when you can just have VGC and TCG at the same place and get a better mass room discount. TCG and VGC nationals will be in Indianapolis, Indiana.

They're at the same place like always. Does anyone know if its 2 Ubers per team sheet for sure? I thought it would be but now it seems like its just 2 per battle

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Thats my home town baby!!!!!!! Now I just need to make it into nationals and I'm all good
Nah, actually, you don't NEED to, though that depends on what they do this year. Last year, Nationals served as a "last chance" qualifier for anyone who couldn't go to a Regionals tourney (or happened to be in the same city), so just go to Nats if you're still in Indiana.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I kind of dislike how weather is now a huge factor in this year's VGC but I also like the addition of the non-event ubers.
Probably because I just like battling with Ho-Oh and Lugia :(

Awaiting the date of the Seattle stop.

Thats my home town baby!!!!!!! Now I just need to make it into nationals and I'm all good
Dude, nationals is an open event. The regional tournaments are for a paid trip to nationals and a guaranteed spot in it.
Main reason it is open is because it is the only way to earn an invite to worlds.
BTW - hotel and airplane already booked for hawaii. If i win a trip, TPCi will just be reimbursing me.

EDIT - I just noticed that nationals will be a three day event, it could very well mean that the player cap for VGC has grown...quite a bit is what i am hoping.

Ah, refreshing to see a national closer to me...
Plus, as Alakapimp has said, hopefully the player cap has increased to allow for more players.

Thanks, I forget about the last chance qualifiers! I am really pumped..still working on my team, but its nice to know nationals is a 10 minute drive away!

smeargle choice scarf
jolly 255/255 att speed
explosion
dark void
flareblitz
extremespeed

weavile focus sash
jolly
night slash
fake out
ice punch
low kick

Dialga shuca berry
calm 126 def/252 special def/132 spattck
thunder
protect
flamethrower
draco meteor

Mewtwo expert belt
timid 255/255 spattck speed
protect
shadow ball
aura sphere
grass knot

i feel a real lack of heavy hitters. mewtwo really doesnt cut it. also, i faced a ho oh, and....it wasnt pretty....at all. i only won with explosion.

anyways, this is how it works. smeargle hits 409 speed with dark void. weavile fake outs the threat to smeargle, or to who may be faster than the smeargle, ie another scarfer. next turn, weavile switches for mewtwo and smeargle continues dark void.

tell me what i can do to improve my team. im free to any suggestions, including pick another team or replacing all or any of my members

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
My changes are in bold, my explanations are below

smeargle @ focus sash
jolly 255/255 att speed
explosion
dark void
Fake Out
Protect

weavile @ Muscle Band
jolly
night slash
fake out
Protect
low kick

Dialga @ shuca berry
calm 126 def/252 special def/132 spattck
thunder
protect
flamethrower
draco meteor

Mewtwo @ life orb
timid 255/255 spattck speed
protect
shadow ball
aura sphere
grass knot

i feel a real lack of heavy hitters. mewtwo really doesnt cut it. also, i faced a ho oh, and....it wasnt pretty....at all. i only won with explosion.

anyways, this is how it works. smeargle hits 409 speed with dark void. weavile fake outs the threat to smeargle, or to who may be faster than the smeargle, ie another scarfer. next turn, weavile switches for mewtwo and smeargle continues dark void.

tell me what i can do to improve my team. im free to any suggestions, including pick another team or replacing all or any of my members
Sash Smeargle - with Sash and a Fake Out partner, you're guaranteed to get a Void off if you don't run into a Taunter, or you can go with a double fake out (though it's not largely necessary)

Muscle Band on Weavile - physical move damage is boosted, and Weavile's faster than most of the Pokemon you'll run into. Protect is there to give it extra longevity/stall turns if you run into something like Trick Room, and, STAB or not, Ice Punch isn't necessary since you can already hit everything it's SE against (Grass, Ground, Flying, Dragon)

I'm not sure about the EV spread on that Dialga, but I'd have to see it in action to give a better opinion.

Mewtwo - Life Orb gives a better damage boost (1.3x to Expert Belt's 1.2x)

Doesn't look too bad otherwise. If you'd like a test battle, my FC is in my sig - shoot me a PM.

I am playing pbr right now and I'm battling pretty good teams. One thing i noticed was a scarfed Girantina and a latios. I just couldn't beat it. It would protect with latios and shadow force with Girantina. It was a good idea from the think of it now. Anyone else on pbr now?

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain yet no Australia T-T
Well, they only announced the different languages, and since australia speaks english, there is still a chance they could compete, though probably still small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)