Pokemon you didn't give enough credit

So far my Drifblim has been working fairly well, with Hypnosis abuse and Petaya Berry + Unburden sweetness. With 6 HP EVs and zero in both defenses, Blim seems to survive hits but barely. Took a STAB Ice Beam from Cloyster and had 13 HP left, and then swept from the berry activation.

Also I have another one. Spiritomb.

It beats Blissey 1on1 at least 95% of the time (standard spread, 252HP/112SpDef Calm). Pain Split takes a few hundred HP away from it each turn. I've been playing a bunch of Seismic Toss/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave/Softboiled Blissey. Will-o-Wisp forces them to SB alot more than they want to, as does Pain Split. Serene Grace is the only thing that really protects it (I burned one on a misprediction and it turned out to be Serene Grace). I run them out of Softboiled PP before I run out of Pain Split and then burn kills them.

I can Calm Mind up with CMBliss, I get a free one when they Softboiled, Pain Split still does alot and they can't do anything back.

For everything besides Blissey, I have Shadow Ball.

Butterfree! I always though it was kinda weak and can't do anything, until I read the analysis and strated using one. Now it's a main part or my team. Double Status FTW!

Aerodactyl. Gangbangs most teams, hard. Amazing coverage, and outspeeds almost anything.

Also, I noticed in a battle with MysteriousStallion that My CbRelicanth did 78% to a damn Swampert with an NVE Head Smash.

Scizor. I wanted an agility passer and went to Ninjask, but outside of passing Ninjask can't do a lot. I tried Scizor and by itself it can usually kill at least something before dying.

Oh, and Nasty Plot passing Togekiss. I thought the almighty Flinchhax was the only way to go with it, but I tried a nasty plot one and WOW. After a Nasty Plot it can sweep a ton on its own, then pass it on to something else. =)

One pokemon I think I gave too much credit was the Mean Look / Toxic / Wish / Baton Pass Umbreon. On paper it sounds really good and seems like a great wall and stuff, but eventually I found it wasn't doing much, and screwed me when it was the last pokemon.

Probopass, faced a wall/annoyer at the gamestop tourny against a guy who ev trained and what not, not to mention double team, let's just say, if I hadn't crit'd when I did, I wouldn't have won the tourny.

Ninjask until I realized it's a baton passer, I used to think that things were only good for sweeping.

Probopass, faced a wall/annoyer at the gamestop tourny against a guy who ev trained and what not, not to mention double team, let's just say, if I hadn't crit'd when I did, I wouldn't have won the tourny.

Ninjask until I realized it's a baton passer, I used to think that things were only good for sweeping.
I actually used Umbreon as a Special Sweeper back in my ingame team in Pokemon Silver <.< (in general, if it wasn't a sweeper, make it one anyway, was ny flawed philosophy back then).

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Also, I noticed in a battle with MysteriousStallion that My CbRelicanth did 78% to a damn Swampert with an NVE Head Smash.
Yeah, fuk that hurt (cant spell fuk right on this comp, stupid Net Nanny). Not sure if its bugged or not (like Duggy/EQ, as if a Jolly EQ does 48 % to a max hp, max def hippowdon but yer) but wow nonetheless. Because of that battle with Discord, I have to add Relicanth to that little list of mine. Its a part of my team now and it does suprisingly well.

This may sound crazy, but no one expects Abomosnow and are certainly not prepared for it. In the smogon tourney, i reached round 3 using a Hail team, and i would have won that match if it werent for a game affecting mistake i did late game. There was one match where abomosnow completely walled half of my opponents team. Then another match where abomonsnow defeated blissey 1 on 1 as it leeched blissey and jsut wood hammered away. Protect on Abomosnow is amazing as well allowing for moveset scouting, more lefty/leech recovery as well as instint hail damage. Trust me and any of my opponents who have faught my abomosnow, that thing is really annoying.

Ambipom, definitely. I don't like how people call it the "new Tauros", though. It isn't anything like Tauros.

At first i thought Gliscor wasn't that much of an improvement to Gligar, and although i note its effectiveness, i'm still on the fence. I see no reason to use Gliscor over Skarmory as a physical wall.

Weavile and Azelf, too. I was under the impression that anything faster counters them, but they can actually take hits.

Oh, and i should mention that I just got swept by a Sash holding Yanmega in the Wifi Battle Tower. I was definitely impressed.

Not understanding all the Tangrowth love. I have yet to see one used effectively. There should really be an over-rated topic, because people tend to over-rate their favorites rather than under-rate.

I just battled a kid that I beat in the GameStop tourny over Wi-Fi using a random team, and I am now strongly considering building team(s) that incorporate Yanmega, Scarf Typhlosion, and Pinsir. Seriously, people don't know how to handle Pinsir. One X-Scissor did massive amounts of damage to a Cresselia switch in. Talk about one hell of a revenge kill.

Yeah, most people underestimate Pinsir and can't believe it has pretty much the same stats as Heracross.

I underestimated Electivire until a switch T-Bolt activated Motor Boost and let me say I was dead.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Aerodactyl. Gangbangs most teams, hard. Amazing coverage, and outspeeds almost anything.

We found out that was a bug now, so yeah.

Ambipom, definitely. I don't like how people call it the "new Tauros", though. It isn't anything like Tauros.

At first i thought Gliscor wasn't that much of an improvement to Gligar, and although i note its effectiveness, i'm still on the fence. I see no reason to use Gliscor over Skarmory as a physical wall.

Weavile and Azelf, too. I was under the impression that anything faster counters them, but they can actually take hits.

Oh, and i should mention that I just got swept by a Sash holding Yanmega in the Wifi Battle Tower. I was definitely impressed.

Not understanding all the Tangrowth love. I have yet to see one used effectively. There should really be an over-rated topic, because people tend to over-rate their favorites rather than under-rate.

gliscor gets knock off, glicor is no where near being 2HKO'd by close combat. gliscor gets sandveil, which is extremely handy. gliscor is immune to thunderbolt.

tangrowth pwns. status+knockoff+leechseed support is great. not to mention its huge defense and HP

Another one is Relicanth, one just killed 3 of my team members, and in a sand storn a pz thunderbolt does not 1hitko it X_x

Dragonite - After a DD it brought me back to game... Outrage is just insane.
Typhlosion was one of my favorites since G/S - A Scarfed Version can be very scary :P

Floatzel. Base 115 Speed, 105 Attack. A Speedier, weaker, less diverse movepool Gyarados.
SpecsLuke. Incredible coverage, nice STAB.
Magnezone isn't seen because of that item that allows you to switch, but Skarmorys dont use it because it's not seen anymore. I wrote a discussion on it but I lost it.
Roserade? Specs + Leaf Storm + STAB = dead Pokemon.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suppose it was silly of me, but I underestimated Azelf. After seeing how much damage it can do even to Blissey after one Nasty Plot, my opinion about it has definitely changed. Also, I underestimated Venusaur on nb a lot. It always seems to rape my teams.

I always lve typlosion(top 5 faorites, right up there with Tyranitar, Garchomp, Skarmory,and Breloom.) It was, just that in Netbattler he was really hard to use without pridiction, and Back then I wasn't good. Losing most of my battles.

IMO my Breloom seems to be better then it seems to people

Breloom@Focus Sash
Effet Spore

Spore
Mach punch
Sword Dance
Seed Bomb

Every thing is Poison Heal and toxic orb, but with this set it can take Weavile, and even Gyrados. 1 sword dance+mach punch= Lot of 1 and 2HKO all around.

Mr. Mime: I REALLY don't like mimes and clowns, but as I was playing FR, I came to giving him a second chance (mainly, though, since I had to use flash a bit... but hey, he was good if I had to use him)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)