Project Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am going to be testing several leads right now, as Deoyxs Defense just doesn't suit my playing style.

Weavile
Metagross
Mamoswine

I will be testing many more leads than that, but thoes are just the main 3 that come to my mind.

I don't think Choice Banded Ninjask is too great in Ubers. I mean, it can easily kill off Psychic types which is great, but outside of that, other Pokemon surpass him. Aerial Ace hit's literally nothing in Ubers, and Toxic is meh. U-Turn is great for scouting, along with Ninjask's amazing speed and his ability, but Scizor pulls it off much better.
This is true but it looses the bulky and added more speed to outspeed Darkrai and scare them away to an appropriate counter. I tested it 2-3 times and it did ok but it was able to accomplish its role to scare away leads and go to an appropriate pokemon.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
It can scare away Darkrai's. Hitmontop, Honchkrow and Primeape can do that. Because it can kill off one commonly seen Uber doesn't mean that it's effective in the tier. If you really think it's that effective then tell me what else it can do, or maybe post some logs.

It can scare away Darkrai's. Hitmontop, Honchkrow and Primeape can do that. Because it can kill off one commonly seen Uber doesn't mean that it's effective in the tier. If you really think it's that effective then tell me what else it can do, or maybe post some logs.
It's not THAT "effective" it's useful/decent for scaring of Psychic type which you would normally outspeed not named Deoxys-S. I could try to post some logs

if I'm going to use a terrible pokemon like forretress just to use a fucking bird with horrible neutral coverage or a fucking gengar then I can just wait for rayquaza to sweep my team

point is, don't post gimmicks, and test the set!
are you serious!

forretress is great in ubers. that rayquza your talking about is stopped cold by forretress if its physical (Theres a mixquaza once in a blue moon, other than that its SD/DD). Steel is a great type in ubers, dragon/dark/ghost are dominant attacking types in ubers, and explosion is just great. unless you've actually tested it than don't say its bad. Also unlike rayquaza ho-oh requires no set up, can't be revenge killed as easily as rayquaza(scarfpalkia/scizor barely scratch ho-oh and both can revenge rayquaza), and gets roost. Also fire+ground is horrible neutral coverage?

edit: misa its almost the same set except that one uses thunder with a -Def nature to 2hko kyogre, this ho-oh can actually take a few physical attacks and has an easier time dealing with lati@s and rayquaza. Also kyogre is going to be faster most of the time and you have to hit slower variants on the switch making it pretty hard to actually use thunder effectively. most of the time the bulk is better than the ability to 2hko a slow kyogre. also if you don't like SR, pack a spinner, despite what thorns says forretress is pretty good, theres also a few other viable ones but forrtress is probably the best

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not THAT "effective" it's useful/decent for scaring of Psychic type which you would normally outspeed not named Deoxys-S. I could try to post some logs
I'm sorry, but I must be missing the point. Why would you post a set that isn't very effective? Ubers is a tier full of massively hard hitters and devastating sweepers (Rayquaza's offensive stats are a whopping 150/150/95). Being "not THAT effective" won't cut it in the metagame.

Forretress!

are you serious!

forretress is great in ubers. that rayquza your talking about is stopped cold by forretress if its physical (Theres a mixquaza once in a blue moon, other than that its SD/DD). Steel is a great type in ubers, dragon/dark/ghost are dominant attacking types in ubers, and explosion is just great. unless you've actually tested it than don't say its bad. Also unlike rayquaza ho-oh requires no set up, can't be revenge killed as easily as rayquaza(scarfpalkia/scizor barely scratch ho-oh and both can revenge rayquaza), and gets roost. Also fire+ground is horrible neutral coverage?
Thank you tcb. Forretress is pretty good in ubers, if you pair him with deo-s or d for spikes and stealth rock, he provides good spin and t-spikes support, and when he's done, explode on a threat.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Level 1
Stats are irrelevant
-Trick Room
-Endeavor
-Dragon Rage
-Spore

Im not 100% sure, but i think this set is illegal. How can smeargle learn sketch 4 times at level 1? I thought it only learnt it every 10 levels.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Level 1
Stats are irrelevant
-Trick Room
-Endeavor
-Dragon Rage
-Spore

Im not 100% sure, but i think this set is illegal. How can smeargle learn sketch 4 times at level 1? I thought it only learnt it every 10 levels.
Heart scales at the move relearner.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I may be re-testing some of the Pokemon listed in this thread just because I have some free time and I'd like to see if they really work.

thorns you are a cool guy and all but you are absolutely wrong about forretress. forretress' steel typing is amazing for stoping random shit like spacial rend palkia and outrage quaza. toxic spikes and spikes are invaluable, weakening stuff like wobb, groudon, kyogre, palkia, ect. you get the idea.

Yanmega was kinda... meh

He did what he was supposed to do... but outside of the lead position he was worth shit =/.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
thorns you are a cool guy and all but you are absolutely wrong about forretress. forretress' steel typing is amazing for stoping random shit like spacial rend palkia and outrage quaza. toxic spikes and spikes are invaluable, weakening stuff like wobb, groudon, kyogre, palkia, ect. you get the idea.

Also with the amount of Rain in Ubers, assuming you have some sort of SpD EVs, Forretress can take some Fire hits that he usually can't, giving him an extra turn to possibly set up Toxic Spikes or Spikes. And like KD already mentioned, those make a difference.

Yanmega was kinda... meh

He did what he was supposed to do... but outside of the lead position he was worth shit =/.
This is unsurprising Lucario is meh without wobbufet support. Without the proper support any OU will likely struggle to be spectacular in ubers. When testing try and give your testee the best potential by giving it a specific and accentuating role in your squad and use the pokemon that can support it best so it will be spectacular. Without doing this you can't really just dismiss it.

Hmm. Lanturn didn't pave out the way I thought it would. That could be because I never use standerd sets/kyogre on my teams, but whatever... Perhaps Tropius could fill the role of sunny day sweeper with Groudon?

Hello,fellow uber players.
I seem to have discovered some free time on my hands and have been playing ubers quite a bit. I think i have figured out the threats and such and would like to test vappy.
It said bliss is the only effective wish passer and I must disagrre and test vappy.
My shoddy name is: dark seeker

the set im going to test is.

vapereon @ Leftovers
Water absorb
252 hp/200 def/58 sp.def
~Wish
~Protect
~Surf
~Ice Beam/Yawn/Toxic

Support sorta thing.

Will definatly change the evs around to my likeing and to see what works best,will display results ASAP.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just so you guys know, this thread will be moderated rather heavily, so please try to avoid terrible posts (as if it needed to be said...). I know everyone is eager to try out their new stuff, but I would really really encourage people to test stuff out before posting in this thread - it is, after all, meant to be a place to discuss experiences, not theory.

That said, there is no way in hell that Tropius is viable in Ubers. Don't clog up this thread with pointless theory'd sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)