Project PU Player of the Week 15: ShuckleDeath

cryalot

senza telescopi
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Anty
OP stolen from Leer in RU, who took it from Lord Alphose and xzern in NU
Past Players of the Week: Magnemite, galbia, gasquakee, scorpdestroyer, Simipour, Anty, Raiza, 2xTheTap, TONE114, Megazard, Dundies, RawMelon, Kay, amber lamps

And we are back! During this week interview, we're going to know a bit better ShuckleDeath. Enjoy and leave some questions!

Most Known For: Perfect grammar and typing skills
Favorite Pokemon: Shuckle
Most Used Pokemon: Monferno
Can you tell us a bit about yourself outside of PS?
Out side of PS, I am a loving father and husband (not married but might as well be). The only things I really do other than Mons is work and spend time with the family. My son is 5 years old and me and my woman have been together for 8 years if you were wondering.

Where did you get your name from?
Well I was going to go with Shuckle but it was taken, and at the time I was listening to a lot of Decide so that made me go with ShuckleDeathMetal but I thought it sounded stupid so I shortened it to ShuckleDeath.

How and when did you get into competitive battling?
Well Pokemon has been a giant part of my life since I was young, really being my only hobby. Growing up with out access to the internet probably prolong my time here by quite a few yeas, but it was in BW2 where my woman's parents bought a desktop, I got to use it here and there and one day I searched iirc Marowak on Google, I happened to find the analysis on Smogon, which lead me to PS and the rest was history.

What's your favorite playstyle and why?
Offense is defiantly my favorite playstyle, I just love feeling like I'm in control of a match and I like that playing it makes you think, what do I need? Can I set up here, or what can I bring in that threatens the most? I feel rewarded winning games like this and I feel like I'm to blame when I lose.

In your opinion, are there any underrated or overrated threats in the current meta?
I feel Raichu is a little underrated with it's Nasty Plot set as I feel it is one of the most threatening Walbreakers, and with balance becoming more and more common it isn't hard for teams to overlook, I also feel Chinchou is a bit overrated atm, as I still find it to be rather passive, it checks a lot of the metagame I just feel it doesn't check a lot of it well.

Can you name any up and coming players showing good potential?
Yosp nd Mango Smoothie really come to mind both do an excellent job getting along with people, and are both improving very fast.

Who do you look up to / admire most as a player and as a person in the PU scene?
I would have to say the person I look up to the most is Megazard. This comes as a personal thing as I know he is often busy with School but still has time to be a prominent force not just in PU but Smogon in general. He's also the person who inspired me to play this game much more seriously.

Do you think you spend a lot of your time on Smogon and PS? How much does it influence your daily routine and your life?
I think I spend a great deal of time on here, not as much as I would like to over the last few weeks as work has been very busy. As for my daily life it influences it greatly, I often have to pick between being here, with my family or sleeping, and sleeping is the one that suffers the most, but that is ok with me as i am happy doing this, I feel like I belong on in this community and at the current time have no plans to retire.

Did you improve your skill in playing from when you started, in your opinion? Any advices you could share with someone new to Pokemon?
Yes I use to be awful, well more awful than I am now, my biggest advice to people new to Pokemon is to study. Study the metagame on the forums, read introduction guides, look up analysis, look for a well known good player and study there replays see how they play and why did they play it like that, and most of all never stop trying to improve yourself no matter how long you have playe to this day, i look back on myself from a month ago and every month i say to myself "I wish I was as good back than as I am Now".

You didnt join PUPL. Why didnt you? If you could go back in time, would you join?
There was a lot of factors to why I didn't join, the main one was time. Looking back I absolutely regret not joining, I really missed out on an opportunity to learn and befriend some of the best players to grace this community.

If you could make one change to the tier (can be anything), what would it be?
If I could make a change to the tier I would ban Dynamic Punch, as I feel it makes an overall healthy Pokemon much more of a problem as it should be, it also wouldn't affect any other tier or Pokemon to the point of notice.

What kind of music do you listen to?
Oh that depends on the time what I'm doing, ect. Black Metal is my favorite genera, Nirvana is my favorite band, Black by Pearl Jam is my favorite song, and the band I'm listening to most atm is Lynard Skynard. All over the place I know.

Can you provide a team that reflects you as a player, as well as the current metagame?
Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Water]

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Arbok @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Coil

This really shows how I like to play and build, checkiing as much as possible with blanket checks like Politoed and Golem, while trying to have reliable revenge killers with things like Dodrio, the team is fast paced and fun while taking threatening Pokemon like Machoke and Floatzel into acount, a little Mawile weak, a little Rotom-F weak but doesn't auto lose to them getting a lot of match-ups out right or a least a fighting chance against most Teams.

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When are you going to quit your job and get a better one? It ain't worth it

What is your favorite playstyle? Your least?

What is your favorite set in PU atm and why is it Subseeddisable Gourgeist-Small?

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When are you going to quit your job and get a better one? It ain't worth it

What is your favorite playstyle? Your least?

What is your favorite set in PU atm and why is it Subseeddisable Gourgeist-Small?
I won't ever quit a job, but your right it is not worth it to me but the Son needs food so...

Offense is favorite, i don't really have a least favorite playstyle but if i were to say one it would be cheese teams like trick room

Subseed-Geist can kick rocks, it's an asshole

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
Can you tell us a bit about yourself outside of PS?
Out side of PS, I am a loving father and husband (not married but might as well be). The only things I really do other than Mons is work and spend time with the family. My son is 5 years old and me and my woman have been together for 8 years if you were wondering.
I have known you for like a good 6 months now and this entire time I thought u were like 20 lol, you think you know someone until they pull a kid and wife out of their ass

ShuckleDeath

ayo

is dpunch broken

rate me

yungoos in PU?

on a serious note, what crap do you want from NU?
In my opinion dynamic punch is more noncompetitive than it is broken.

6/10

wat

I am most looking forward to the return of some of our earlier rises such as Haunter and Torterra

My main man shuckle.

Why won't you ever quit a job? Thats pretty honorable I've had like 6 jobs already so I just want to understand your mindset lol.

Make sure the kids favorite mon is Marowak k thx

Have you had any experience getting into other tiers other then PU?

ShuckleDeath

My main man shuckle.

Why won't you ever quit a job? Thats pretty honorable I've had like 6 jobs already so I just want to understand your mindset lol.
I guess it mostly comes from how i was raised, i signed up to put my time in so i just feel obligated to do it, I do have a few exeptions say i felt I was being treated unfairly or I got a new job lined up first.

ShuckleDeath

Make sure the kids favorite mon is Marowak k thx

Have you had any experience getting into other tiers other then PU?
Will try right now his favorite is Pikachu tho

I have recentlay been getting into LC, i have been enjoying it so far.

cryalot

senza telescopi
My turn to ask stupid fun questions as well:

rate this song /10

favorite pokemon type

first pokemon game played and favorite one

rate this song /10

rate me /100

battling or building, what's harder and what funnier

who will win spring seasonal

why am i better than you

ShuckleDeath

Do you like Twenty One Pilots?
haven't heard of them, but i looked up one song, and i didn't hate it i would have to look more into them to say definitively

on the same page as gasquakee, fall out boy?
i actually don't mind them

My turn to ask stupid fun questions as well:

rate this song /10

favorite pokemon type

first pokemon game played and favorite one

rate this song /10

rate me /100

battling or building, what's harder and what funnier

who will win spring seasonal

why am i better than you
4/10 as it reminds me of my Mom

Ghost

Crystal Version to both.

i find Building to be funner and harder than battling, unless your at the level that you are a lot better than me say vs. someone like Teddeh So i guess you can say it depends

My money is on RawMelon

Well you know how they say those with sever mental disability's can get real good but just at one thing, i think that apply s here.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

Do you have any memorable games you've played?

Do you think RawMelon is a match for me O: ;)

What is your job? o.o

What's your favorite core?
Oddworld Munch's Odessy was a very memorable game i played when i was younger, i got the bad ending

Yes, ;P

I am a factory worker, i deal with steel wire.

Raichu Dodrio I would say is my favorite core, which you can find here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)