Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overview of what I've been up to lately as far as spriting goes. Been pretty unmotivated to do fusions so I've been working on revamps. I think I'm getting better with outlining (granted, they're not in order of when they were completed, just by dex #).

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I drew my first picture with a tablet but I don't feel like making a thread so I'll just post it here! :)

Would someone be willing to make me an avatar consisting of Garchomp and Tyranitar with a sandstorm back ground? I'd put your name on my profile and a link in my sig for you. Preferably done in a style somewhat like this avatar below, and also if they could look as menacing as possible, that would be great! Please send it to me by PM, as I more than likely won't see in this thread, but feel free to post it anywhere.

could someone make a cool garchomp avatar?
i understand each artist has his/her own preferred style so I don't really mind any hehe

Hey guys! New to the forms here, I used to do splices a while back around 3rd gen and with the new Pokemon in 5th gen I figured I'd come back, give it a shot and see what people think! Hope its not to bad! :P

Hello, comrades. Popping in because I haven't a bloody thing to do on this dull day. Soooo, I'm posting some more trainer sprites made out of boredom.

The first three are PCs made for friends' roleplaying (the first one is albino, before his paleness/red eyes are asked about), and the last one is a self-portrait made of sheer concentrated boredom. =X

Also taking requests for fusions, scratches, and trainer sprites like the above.

@ICC- I'm a fan of that there Drifloon/Ho-oh! The face is priceless. It's all like >x<

Hello Fuzz! A bit inappropriate to call you that when I haven't really talked to you before, but eh

While I try to decipher why Albino is holding a lollipop, let me point out that something is wrong with the eye, it's just...a dot. o_o
As for the kid, he probably needs a little bit more neck. The eye on our right also needs to be long like the other eye. Like O_0 instead of O_o
But the third trainer there is good! Heck, you can put it in a game and nobody would even notice.
As for the self-portrait, it's fine...though I didn't picture you like that o_O

Anyway I love giving requests, my requests are pure evil. Here I will make you do a fusion, scratch and trainer sprite all in one go.

Fuse Pikachu and Red, aka Ashachu.

Also Azsy. That thing is seriously cool. I'm really liking it. Next thing to do is you remove the flames, because they look kinda extra.

Hello Fuzz! A bit inappropriate to call you that when I haven't really talked to you before, but eh

While I try to decipher why Albino is holding a lollipop, let me point out that something is wrong with the eye, it's just...a dot. o_o
As for the kid, he probably needs a little bit more neck. The eye on our right also needs to be long like the other eye. Like O_0 instead of O_o
But the third trainer there is good! Heck, you can put it in a game and nobody would even notice.
Ahh, C+C. Much appreciated! Also, feel free to call me Fuzz. I don't bite hard. =^_^=

Those are all fusions from the trainers in the game, so in the case of the eyes, well...gamefreak spriters. XD I'll see what I can do though. Though in the case of the first, seeing as his hat is covering all but the bottom of his eye, I think anything more may make him look like a chibi.

The albino has the BW Harlequin's arms. =O One is just rotated/reshaded to be at his side. He's balancing the Pokeball on his finger, a la this:

Thought I do see where you would get a lollipop.

I did conisder giving the kid a longer neck, but one pixel row more made him look like a giraffe. I'm very bad at child sprites. It does not help that his base is the Battle Factory brain (who's name I cannot remember for the life of me), who looks like a giraffe to begin with and is a child-sized adult.

Ah, the difference that a stupid little pixel can make. ._.

As for the self-portrait, it's fine...though I didn't picture you like that o_O
What? I'm a tomboyish girl who loves her fedora. =D

Anyway I love giving requests, my requests are pure evil. Here I will make you do a fusion, scratch and trainer sprite all in one go.

Fuse Pikachu and Red, aka Ashachu.
You're on. >=D

Thanks for the feedback! Greatly appreciated, I can see where you're coming from with the flames, but It looked kinda empty without them! Maybe just try removing the one on the back?

Also! Would you happen to have any ideas for what would work well together? I love doing these kind of things, but I'm not very creative to say the least :P

The flames...it's true, but then they look very "fused-on" at the moment. It's hard to describe. I think we'll leave it like that :P

As for fusion ideas. Um...I'm just like you. Except even less creative, from what I can tell from your fusion, which is, well, creative. So...I can't help much :(

EDIT: Ah, what am I thinking. It's just a dang fusion request. So I suggest...
Munchlax-Teddiursa
This should be easy and rather neat if you do it correctly.

There's so much amazing work on this thread, it's not even fair. I'm a bassist, not a spriter (I'm not even very good at that, most of the time), but... Wow. Just wow.

Can I request a Dragonite, with a Dratini base? Like Petite Dragon, from Yu-Gi-Oh (for those of you that played/watched it)

And yes, I do like me some brackets (I don't know why, I just do) =]

Well... I had a go at your request, but I'm not really happy with it. Problem is that I really should be working instead of doing sprites or making posts in general, so I probably won't be able to fix it up any time soon. I tried to make it look a bit more like the yugioh dragon than a regular fusion, hence the ears. Hopefully it's passable!

Now presenting:

The unholy creature that is Ashachu. Twisting your hat like that must hurt your ears an awful lot, bucko.

I realized pretty much right away that there's not...a lot to do in the case of this fusion. Really, all that I could muster was to scratch off his backpack, then give him the ears, the tail, and the cheeks. Oh, and yellow hair and big cartoony eyes.

As pennance for the sin against spriting created above, I decided to create some Gen V additions to the Buizel-Dex shortly after Ashachu's birth.

Hopefully Litzel and Builoin are brain-bleachy enough.

Come on, guys...throw more requests this way. =)

Hey guys! Just a little update of what I've done and want to present

That dang Munchlax/Teddiursa was actually pretty difficult! :P I seem to have an easier time doing larger Pokemon with more to work with

Anyone want to take a guess on what I used to make the first poke and his evolve? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)