Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, no, you misunderstood me I didn't call them bad. Their actually pretty good, and there's nothing wrong with copying somone else when you are a new spriter. And if you didn't do it on purpose, and did them good like that without looking at another spriter's sprites.

Hey, I have a question for more experienced spriters. When using paint, how do you avoid the black background you get around sprites whenever you copy/paste them from one of the various resource sites?

EDIT:also my latest work:

You can usually just go on Bulbapedia or whatever and the sprites almost always don't have black background but otherwise just use the eraser to replace the black background with white...

@libelldra: go to The spriters resource. The reason your getting that black background is because its being saved as a gif, or was originally saved as a gif. The spriters resource does it right.

@Lilbamdra: alright, here's what you do:
1. Get a sprite that has a white background (just trust me)
2. When you c/p it, use the bucket tool to fill in the background pure white. (most sprites come on a slightly off-white background)
3. Once you're done with your sprite, upload it at iaza.com
4. This will pull up a menu with a ton of options. In the top right-hand corner of all the options is one that says "transparency" Click on it.
5. Now, type "white" in the box and press ok.
6. Ta da! You now have a sprite with a transparent background.

Hope that helped. ;)

I'm looking for something cool but simple, not too elaborated. Thanks in advance to everyone :)
I can make that banner for you, but to make it clearer for me, can you fill out this form please?

✪I luv banners!! »» ◕◡◕
Username:
Pixels: (What do you want the size to be?)
Text:
Additional Information:

The scolipede one is interesting. I like what you've done with it's face. Giving it a more dragonic look. The wings are ok too. The back leg..... It needs a stripe I think. That way it matches with the front legs.

The second one is a pretty good recolour for starting out. I can see you only have 3 posts, but you signed up this year in july, a few months ago. How long have you been spriting?

The final one is nice. Only thing that I don't like is the spikes on its wings. They seem like they're glued on.

Besides all of that, I think you are getting the hang of it dude!

Objection has been making his ASB Pokemon look like their respective Disney Characters

I did a Maleficent Sazandora just for fun (since he wants to make his own sprites).

Also, I did Origami-CAP Sprites just for fun as well

Male / Male Back / Female / Female Back
Male Shiny / Male Back Shiny / Female Shiny / Female Back Shiny

He was alright with me simplifying the back designing since the original one was a tad bit complicated to execute in such small space.

Edit: Updates with Gender differences and new shinies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)