1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 13, part 2

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Cooper, Jan 13, 2008.

?

What dex entry should we use for Syclant (PICK TWO)?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2008.
  1. Entry 1

45 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Entry 2

44 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Entry 3

61 vote(s)
    36.7%
  4. Entry 4

45 vote(s)
    27.1%
  5. Entry 5

61 vote(s)
    36.7%
  6. Entry 6

65 vote(s)
    39.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkflagrance

Darkflagrance

Sylar from Heroes? We can't think of a better name?

Maybe Sylax instead? Icicle +Thorax. Doesn't infringe on copyrights.
  2. DaveJ

DaveJ

I can't believe people are voting for six, the whole 100x thing is stupid.
  3. Zerix

Zerix

DaveJ, that may be your opinion, but that does not give you the right to insult other people's decisions. I myself voted for one and three, but I don't go out shooting down those who like another number.
  4. Davy

Davy

Haha, a tie for second.
  5. Pneuma

Pneuma

Can we get another poll with larger deviation?
    I'm not a fan of the '100x' and to lose by 4 of the top-threes combined 187 votes isn't accurate enough in my opinion.
  6. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

oh and hit4three, i am sure he was jokeing about the "its my program and i can do what i like" thing.

i think mountineer is based on flawed logic and ice shell works much better, but in the end it is coopers final choice, and he has listend to what i have had to say, so i exept that we do not need another poll, while still thinking it would be a good idea.
  7. Fierce Deity

Fierce Deity

I posted Sylar on one of these threads a while back, i think its a great idea for the preview of Syclant.

Sylar, Ice/Bug
    Frozen Shell Pokemon

I think it should be like Kakuna/Metapod, because looking at Syclant, you'd want to work for that.

Its like you need to put up with Magikarp to get the almighty Gyarados, its the same here, raise the little shell of ice, small movepool, nothing amazing, then it evolves into that beastly beast.

And the Heroes reference is just the icing on the cake.
  8. eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

cooper will there be a last poll for the pre-evo's name and another for the sprite? i think there should be.
  9. Deck Knight

Deck Knight Well-shuffled and flush
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Sylar:

Stats:

40/45/30/45/30/55

Movepool:

1: Leech Life
    1: String Shot
    5: Powder Snow

Evolves into Syclant at L20.

It will be so beastly!
  10. eric the espeon

lets use polls not just 1 person saying "lets use this!" and just useing it.
  11. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Lol. I didn't remember you saying that. Not that I'm saying you didn't. I thought of it like Icicle + Larvae. But yeah it would work very nicely.
  12. TaiwaneseDude

TaiwaneseDude

Lv 20? It just seems a bit soon. I was thinking that this Pokemon would be decent and evolve in the 30's. Kind of like many two-stager Pokemon.

If it is a "shell of ice" though, I really doubt speed would be its highest stat.. defense/spdefense would be higher.

45/40/40/40/40/35

That's more like it... and then when it grows up from its shell, it turns into a fearsome warrior. Woot.
  13. Goodbar

Goodbar

Those stats are actually really low. Take Riolu for example, 40/70/40/35/40/60. I think we can upgrade our little bug to 45/60/60/40/40/35. And yea 32 seems more reasonable to evolve at maybe
  14. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Why are we giving it 35 speed, when it has massive speed as a Scylant? Give it at least this spread: 45/60/40/60/40/40. Im not sure if thats too over powered for a pre-evo, but it doesnt need defenses now does it?

EDIT: This would make a perfect in-game Poke. In the letter [This is for Cooper], I think you should say it would be good to have it available early game. Just a thought.
  15. Lawman

Lawman

30/60/40/55/45/45?
  16. Davy

Davy

I say:

30/60/30/45/45/70
  17. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

70 is overkill. And isn't it's Atk and SpAtk supossed to be equal?
  18. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Why am I so shit
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Can we make it like a... say, cocoon with legs? With a not-so-hard shell, so it can be somewhat faster (55 speed...).

It'd be pretty much a Shelgon with a much lighter shell (ice<[the thing Shelgon's shell is made of]).
  19. Davy

Davy

Not THAT overkill...Base speed of 60/55 should be good though
  20. TaiwaneseDude

TaiwaneseDude

I gave it low speed because... it's a shell of ice. And if it's a larvae type of thing.. like Metapod and Cascoon, etc. they typically don't have very high speeds.

And Syclant does have amazing speed, yes. But it's obvious that both Sylar and Syclant are very different. One's a shell of ice and the other could potentially slash your face off..
  21. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Has Cooper even verified that he will be doing a poll on this one? Will it be a combo of all pre-evo data (name, stats, moves, evo level, etc.)? A poll for each will be really long and boring. I'm only mildly interested in the name and maybe some stats. For everything else, virtually all suggestions are acceptable.
  22. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

I thought we had agreed on using Cyzir's first sprite of Scylant, w/o wings. That would then not be an Ice Shell. We shouldn't make Pokemon based off otehr Pokemon. That makes it less apealing to Nintendo. So if we make the Pre-Evo like Scylant, it looks more apealing than the Pre-Evo looking like Kakuna/Metapod.
  23. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Is is Scylant or Syclant? I'm confused...
  24. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Sorry. My bad. Its "Syclant"
  25. Goodbar

Goodbar

Yea if its a shell of ice it should have low speed, like metapod compared to butterfree. I just gave Taiwanesedude's extra defense and attack for well, that obvious reason that its a shell of ice, and it needed more

45/60/60/40/40/35
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)