[Standard] Mafia Rising - Game over, the Second Mafia wins - Postgame

After a long while of fighting with the two ghosts about ending the game, while they keep on saying "There is a way someone else can win, sheesh!", you turn around to lynch HSA and find billymills killed, his body covered in some weird black goo. You all look down at the dead body of the mod of Circus Maximus, and then turn around, screaming, "Lynch HSA!" You guys grab him, put a gun to his head, and shoot. HSA falls to the floor, dead. You guys all walk away, mumbling how much torture it is, when the world's ugliest man yells out "Hey, you forgot this!'

Dear Bob squob,
You are Marcel Duchamp.

Aerial blossom empowers the volatile grape. Throw swords from a windowsill. Underneath the gray room, there is a heavy zero that beams trash into the torch. Flopping inky ferns cover the stairwell where hunger violently sleeps.

Each cycle, you may PM the hosts “Cycle X - R. Mutt 1917 USER1 and USER2.” The first user will not be able to post a lynch vote the next cycle, and the second will not be able to post anything other than a lynch vote.

You are allied with the Village.
For some reason, there was no corresponding note for Quagsires.

Results are going out.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
GAME OVER

HELL YEAH

OK, so I’m ending the game because there is no other outcome, because ginganinja and second mafia are NOT stupid.
Giganinja whispers actions into Lyra’s ears, and her face breaks into a large smile. She whispers something to Quagsires, and he looked a bit sad. Lyra shrugged, handed the guys standing there a paper, and they run of to Quagsires, giving him CPR. He went back into his body, said “Shit...” Ginganinja yelled a woop of victory, reviving billymills. Steven Snype somehow also celebrated the victory.
Dear Second Mafia members,
You are one of two groups competing with the Village for control over the spirit world. You’re not quite sure why you decided to form a team together, but you did. Your members are:

billymills - Solid Snake - Kill-redirecting bodyguard
Steven Snype - Anthony Wiener - Hooker/announcer
ginganinja - Stereotypical JRPG Character - Inspector with HP
Da Letter El - Manfred Von Karma - Persuader/trial holder
Maxim - Predator drone - Watcher/tracker

billymills starts out as the team leader. If billymills dies, leadership will be passed on in the order in which the team members are displayed above. Each cycle, the leader may send one member of the team to kill. Every third cycle starting on Cycle 3, the leader may send a team member to resurrect a dead user. You know that the Village has some of the same roles as your team, so making false claims would be helpful. You know that the village does not have a negative voter, reverse martyr, BPV, tracker, or single-use multi-ability role.
billymills and HSA's pms also dropped to the floor.
Dear billymills,
You are Solid Snake.

You are an experienced soldier, who fought in countless wars, and stopped many Metal Gears. After having fought many formidable opponents, even the person considered the "Greatest warrior of 20th Century" and emerging victorious, you retired into the Alaskan wilderness to raise sled hounds. Your reputation is also legendary, and you are known by some as "the man who makes the impossible possible". It's up to you to prove that what they say is true.

Each cycle, you can submit "Cycle X - Use ketchup on USER1 and Mk.23 SOCOM on USER2". You will empty a bottle of tomato sauce on USER1; if that player was the target of a killer, said killer will be fooled into thinking he did his job but USER1 will stay alive. At the same time, you will use your signature weapon to shoot USER2 in the back. You can't shoot when you're not using ketchup because that would ruin your cover.

You are allied with the Second Mafia.

Dear HSA,
You are Grigori Rasputin.

During the Russian Revolution, you were a trusted friend of the Romanov royal family. You were believed to possess magic powers, and to have cured one princess of her illness. When the Bolsheviks came to kill you, you strangely were able to survive their poison and guns but eventually died due to drowning.

Each cycle you may PM the hosts, “Cycle X - Use healing magic on USER.” That user will be protected from kills that night. You may target yourself. You may also send a PM entitled “Cycle X - Become immune to USER’s poison.” If that user tries to kill you that cycle, he will think you’re dead, but you’ll actually still be alive. The kill will fail, and you will be notified.

Lyra the said, “Well, since it’s game over, might as well give you Quagsire’s PM.”

Dear Quagsires,
You are Kerrigor.

You are a prince of the Old Kingdom, but just being the ruler of the living isn’t enough for you. You have also been secretly studying necromancy and plotting to become the ruler of the undead. Soon you will be a force capable of conquering both sides of death.

For you, life and death are reversed. While alive, you count as being eliminated for other factions’ win conditions. You cannot vote while alive, but you can vote while dead. Any inspection that targets you while you are alive fails, but you can be inspected after death. Partial inspections that target you after you die become full inspections. Some resurrectors in this game can only resurrect users who died the previous cycle, but they can resurrect you during any cycle. Your role PM is not revealed upon death, but it is revealed if you are resurrected. You lose automatically if you are godkilled. After death you gain the power to kill, which you may use every night. Each cycle while you are dead, you may PM the hosts “Cycle X - Kill USER.” You will kill your target by ripping him apart with your tendrils of darkness.

You are allied with yourself. You win if everyone is dead.
THE SECOND MAFIA HAS WON THE GAME

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ya Quagsires role was broken
Mine was also prolly broken
Mafia were fucking strong but who the fuck cares we won anyway.

Village also played like shit

gg

Shining Latios remains a fucking retard

Also I am fucking unkillable

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Staraptor Call said:
Dear Second Mafia members,
You are one of two groups competing with the Village for control over the spirit world. You’re not quite sure why you decided to form a team together, but you did. Your members are:

billymills - Solid Snake - Kill-redirecting bodyguard
Steven Snype - Anthony Wiener - Hooker/announcer
ginganinja - Stereotypical JRPG Character - Inspector with HP
Da Letter El - Manfred Von Karma - Persuader/trial holder
Maxim - Predator drone - Watcher/tracker

billymills starts out as the team leader. If billymills dies, leadership will be passed on in the order in which the team members are displayed above. Each cycle, the leader may send one member of the team to kill. Every third cycle starting on Cycle 3, the leader may send a team member to resurrect a dead user. You know that the Village has some of the same roles as your team, so making false claims would be helpful. You know that the village does not have a negative voter, reverse martyr, BPV, tracker, or single-use multi-ability role.

---

Dear billymills,
You are Solid Snake.

You are an experienced soldier, who fought in countless wars, and stopped many Metal Gears. After having fought many formidable opponents, even the person considered the "Greatest warrior of 20th Century" and emerging victorious, you retired into the Alaskan wilderness to raise sled hounds. Your reputation is also legendary, and you are known by some as "the man who makes the impossible possible". It's up to you to prove that what they say is true.

Each cycle, you can submit "Cycle X - Use ketchup on USER1 and Mk.23 SOCOM on USER2". You will empty a bottle of tomato sauce on USER1; if that player was the target of a killer, said killer will be fooled into thinking he did his job but USER1 will stay alive. At the same time, you will use your signature weapon to shoot USER2 in the back. You can't shoot when you're not using ketchup because that would ruin your cover.

---

Dear Steven Snype,
You are Anthony Wiener.

You got yourself into trouble for sending suggestive photos and messages on Twitter, leading to your resignation and to jokes about how fitting your name is.

Each cycle, you may PM the hosts “Cycle X - Send photos to USER.” Your target will be too busy sexting you to act that cycle. You may not target the same user twice in a row. Also, you may PM the hosts a message of 140 characters or less, with the title “Cycle X - Tweet.” The message will be posted in the next update.

---

Dear ginganinja,
You are the Stereotypical JRPG Character.

You have a wild costume, a cheesy name, and great hair. You’ve spent years training your magical powers and fighting skills in order to save the world from evil, but instead of going on the quest you wanted to go on, you had to pack up your improbably large weapon and head for a mafia game.

You cannot die by normal means. Instead, you start the game with 10 hit points and lose one hit point for each vote cast against you. If you have zero or fewer hit points at the end of a cycle, you die. Also, you can use your magic to inspect other users. Each cycle, you may PM the hosts “Cycle X - Cast scrying spell on USER.” You will determine your target’s full role PM.

---

Dear Da Letter El,
You are Manfred Von Karma.

You were the once the greatest prosecutor of all time, but that was of course until Phoenix Wright caught you trying to get your revenge on Miles Edgeworth. You have much experience with the court of law and you know your way around negotiations.

You do not have much in terms of physical abilities, but you are a very accomplished prosecutor. One time only you may send a pm to the hosts stating "Cycle X - Initiate Trial". The following cycle instead of the person with the most votes getting lynched, the second person with the most votes will be framed for a crime and lynched instead. In the event that there is a tie, the people with the most votes will all be lynched.

After you broke out of prison you were able to acquire some Blackmail Documents. You may send a pm every cycle stating "Cycle X - Force User to Testify:XXX". The following cycle your target must say whatever you put in place of the XXX in every post. Any words that you put in place of the XXX should not be longer than 24 words. If your target fails to say XXX, you will release the Blackmail Documents that you have on your target and your target's credibility will be ruined, effectively killing them. Blackmailing is neutralized by the effect of silencing. You cannot target the same person twice in a row.

---

Dear Maxim,
You are a Predator drone.

Who needs Terminators when drones already exist? You can spy on people and kill them remotely with missiles, all without the need for artificially intelligent liquid metal.

Each cycle, you may send the hosts a PM with the title “Cycle X - Spy on USER.” You will find out the identities of everyone who targets that user or is targeted by that user during the cycle.

C0/C1: It took me a little while to realize that it might not be a bad idea to claim sole announcer to just get claims. I didn't care how I got the claims, just that I got info to work with. Got tons of claims: including Acklow, kok, Bob. People I suspected were: HSA, Paperblade, Spooner, AG (how could you not when he sent in Fw: First Mafia Role PM) with a "correction." We namespected and namehooked BT/Zorbees asap given that ipl was going to be subbed out iirc and gmax/shade/dak/worms wouldn't do shit. Maxim tracked DLE just to see who'd nametarget him and got Acklow.

C2: I figured to make it reasonable that I would be a leader and to potentially bus some of my teammates (would you expect DLE and billymills to not be inspected in a 2-mafia 1-village game like this?). Based on the flavor, I thought that DLE's persuade was one of those: mention it in every post in addition to whatever you want since it says if I don't say w/e it was that DLE persuaded, (a vote to him) i'd be godkilled. Then the C2 results were delayed for a while. Anyway, I didn't get a result PM (Acklow and Maxim got their C2 results and sent me them ASAP) while I was looking through my inbox of typing up the post to lynch Spooner. It was literally only after I had posted that I got the notification that SC sent a PM to me, which was sent 10 mins ago. I edited it as soon as I saw the persuade, but didn't see the bs: only allowed to say. This is where I am disappointed with Staraptor in making every persuade full post when what is said in the PM is not allowed. The further decision to not resurrect godkilled players is also bullshit and frankly, this was a pretty crappy game from here. It was already a joke with 2 subs for a player before signups began, ipl being subbed out. Anyway, we killed off BT once we got his role and I guess 1st maf killed off zorbees or vice versa, but I remember I wanted zorbees dead since if he followed the flavor to my role PM (since I hooked him, and I wasn't sure if there were any results), i wanted him dead asap (forgot deadtalking didn't matter, but if he was gonna oust me, he probably would've been an enemy). Anyway, I tried as much as I could to not let Spooner lead since the advantage 2nd maf had over 1st was that we had roles of the village, so if I could prove to the village that spooner wasn't to be trusted given with the stupid COLOR tags that also screwed over AG, which I pointed out to Quag and Acklow. (Of course I'd tell my team this, and we got more claims.)

Fast forwarding a bit, a lack of communication between 2nd mafia put us in a worse position as I didn't tell Maxim what I told acklow. I told Acklow that he was tracked c0 and his results matched up with the trackers (my way of saying, I'm going to have Maxim keep an eye on you.) Unfortunately, Maxim claimed his full role as tracker + watcher and sent his actual results, which sort of incriminated DLE with Acklow's C0 results, himself since Acklow actually targeted ipl instead of Quags (so I thought DLE/billy was sg'd and it was billy who was sg'd by other mafia since Douglas wasn't any of our role names. Acklow's fault there), and ginga later when ginga was asked to target someone else, but one of maxim's results said ginga targeted Quag, and with billy basically idling, i'm sure that the second mafia would've been found out.
Then SL made everyone's day. HFB claimed to me earlier in the game to pose as a neutral with a retarded WC, which I mainly let him do for shits and giggles and I told Paperblade (who I thought was First since he claimed resurrector and I knew resurrector was mafia ability) to troll HFB, so HFB would probably tell Acklow to kill Paper. I really didn't think a troll attempt resulted in success for the troll victim. Backfired.

Thanks to First Mafia for being nice enough to not tie the lynch when it was 4-2-1-1. Told Maxim to tell Bob that Quag was second mafia and he should be lynched. First Maf went along with it fine. Dale did a superb job at leading second maf while i was dead and was a wonderful person to collab with. Wish we communicated better. Learned a bit. Had quite the laughs. Inactivity screwed over most of this game since I figured the dead people with role PMs revealed would be the ones to lead the village. Didn't really look like that very much.

Also, some quote that Spooner said about tricking a newbie that had no idea of what's going on. It happens. Both sides had some inexperienced players that made some mistakes. It just came down to communication that screwed over both sides. Also, Lady Salamence, accept Shining Latios' desire to be with you.

Edit: Forgot obligatory:

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SS said all I needed to say really. Id really like to thank DLE and Snype for pretty much showing me the ropes (since it was like the second time I had been a mafia) and they pretty much controlled the game. They really did play the best in this game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)