The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf does that even mean? Griffin becoming himself again? So you're admitting a griffin who cant run is a mediocre qb? Because thats exactly what these six games proved. Although last year griffin was a game manager who completed piss easy passes thanks to his legs. So i always knew this to be true.

Can you believe people actually still believe Joe Flacco>Tony Romo & Phillip Rivers?
Actually that isnt hard to believe at all. There are people who think brees > peyton the last six years. People in general are dumb.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wtf does that even mean? Griffin becoming himself again? So you're admitting a griffin who cant run is a mediocre qb? Because thats exactly what these six games proved. Although last year griffin was a game manager who completed piss easy passes thanks to his legs. So i always knew this to be true.
Actually the last six games proved that losing training camp reps and recovering from injury sets QBs back. Also I love how a QBs legs have nothing to do with his ability to throw...its like they never step into throws or anything.

But its not like some hero actually understands QB play or anything else about the sport on more than a superficial level

yup clearly a team can no longer be the best team because it does not have the least losses, sorry guys season over the Saints are garbage

the second best team is whoever the fuck you think it is (and so is the first best, since the Broncos seem not to have a defense), just like the 1-2 Packers were still perfectly fine with Rodgers behind center...just look at the amount of 15-1 teams who have gone nowhere in the playoffs, sheesh
YO GUYS BRONCOS AUTO #1 AUTOBEAT EVERYBODY 16-0 BLAH BLAH BLAH SUPER BOWL ALREADY WON SEASON OVER

Okay guys, ignore some hero feasting on Kirby's troll bait and feast your eyes on THE B1GG3ST STORY OF THE YEAR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...tebow-to-st-louis-rams-discussed-but-unlikely

TEBOW TIME!! RAMS GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL probably not
Yeah!! That 3-4 record is gonna scare the Seahawks and the 49ers out of the race with Tim Tebow! Uhm..What was the standings for their division again? 6-1 Seahawks, 5-2 49ers?

Okay, i'm joking. At this point a lot of teams need a better QB. Cleveland, Minnesota, Rams, Texans, Jacksonville. My bet is that Tim Tebow is going to say no and continue playing for KISS or will sign onto Jacksonville. I know it's probably not gonna happen but the Jags need somebody from home that will improve the team better than their currently QBs are doing right now. He'd be pressured to go towards Jacksonville then St. Louis.

Hey when you have God on your side, I wouldn't count Tebow Time out of anything...though that being said, even if the Rams got him, wouldn't be beating out the Seahawks or Niners.

Yeah!! That 3-4 record is gonna scare the Seahawks and the 49ers out of the race with Tim Tebow! Uhm..What was the standings for their division again? 6-1 Seahawks, 5-2 49ers?

Okay, i'm joking. At this point a lot of teams need a better QB. Cleveland, Minnesota, Rams, Texans, Jacksonville. My bet is that Tim Tebow is going to say no and continue playing for KISS or will sign onto Jacksonville. I know it's probably not gonna happen but the Jags need somebody from home that will improve the team better than their currently QBs are doing right now. He'd be pressured to go towards Jacksonville then St. Louis.
How would Tebow improve the Jags? He's much worse than Chad Henne. The only thing he would improve is their ticket sales.

I say a team just sign Tebow for the luls. Hey, who knows? It could turn out into a situation where the D dominates and Tebow plays like shit until the 4th quarter then leads his team to multiple comeback victories therefore receiving any and all credit because it was God's will

Oh. Stats.

I watched the game. Looked shit.
I've said it before, the broncos werent gunna go 16-0. Football has too many parts. I also said they would score every week. Which is all that matters. Peyton will win a 5th mvp, because of stats like these. His bad day this year is better statistically than 90% of the QBs in the league.

I hate to break it to you non bronco fans but they can only lose when they beat themselves at this point. 4 TOs, including 1 inside the 5 yd line with like 6 mins left. This is what i meant by too many parts.

It sucks for cushing, his career is probably over. Or at least his career as very good. Always liked him in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like you need to do a much, much better job of watching
not saying Peyton played poorly, but he missed several throws that he normally hits, especially when throwing deep. There were at least 4 times they threw it up top to DT in one on one coverage, and every single one of those throws was short and thrown towards the middle of the field rather than leading the receiver by the sidelines.

I guess it was kind of bad that a guy that had been completing 74% of his passes only completed 60% on the game, but damn if that is Peyton's "kind of bad" that just shows how crazy the numbers he's been putting up this season really are.

Peyton looked awful compared to his normal self. The accuracy was nonexistent and ducks were flying everywhere (did you see the TD to Demaryius?)

Also, I feared the worst when Wayne went down. Those non-contact injuries around the knee are always scary.

Holy crap. Reggie Wayne, Doug Martin, Sam Bradford, Leon Hall, Brian Cushing all done for the season, with Cutler, Finley and Foster also suffering injuries. That's a lot of big names in one day.

Also let's hear it for classy Jets fans!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/jets-fan-punches-woman-patriots-fight_n_4134227.html
Part of me wants to say it's her own dumb fault for going back at him after he was being restrained back by presumably the people he was with, but eh, at least unlike Dodgers/Giants games they didn't start stabbing each other...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
some hero I deleted the second half of your post because it was inappropriate. Please do not post things like that in this thread again.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I say a team just sign Tebow for the luls. Hey, who knows? It could turn out into a situation where the D dominates and Tebow plays like shit until the 4th quarter then leads his team to multiple comeback victories therefore receiving any and all credit because it was God's will
his presence can create a media distraction, plus the Rams' D isn't really that dominant if youre referring to them. the cons kinda outweigh the pros w/ tebow, same goes for the jags

He floated a few passes, he also made some amazing passes. It was an intense game with two playoff caliber teams who really wanted to win, and somebody has to lose in a game like that. 1% blaming the guy who had 386 yards and 3 TDs without having to throw 60 passes or without having a bunch of interceptions tossed is not blaming the right guy. The safety was a goofy moment that probably could have been what decided the game, but random moments like that are more out of control than people want to admit. The 2011 Super Bowl was entirely 100% decided by a football hitting a knee the game before, shit happens.

(also sucks really badly that Reggie Wayne is done for the year, since the Colts have been the best team of the season so far and Wayne was worth 100 yards a game :( )

EDIT: Just so there is no confusion, specific statistics are not law. Everything is about context! Without that ridiculous 3rd and 17 grab by Welker, you take off a good bit from these statistics, and it STILL would have been a good game from B. Manning. Someone has to lose when two squads are putting on a great game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)