Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Prie, take a Cyndaquil named Blaze. This Cyndaquil is actually Ash's Cyndaquil! Therefore, it can only know moves that Ash's Cyndaquil knows (Tackle, Smokescreen, Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Swift, Aerial Ace, Eruption, and Agility). Also, Ash's Cyndaquil didn't evolve at level 14, but instead waited 504 episodes to evolve, so Blaze cannot evolve until the combined base power of every attacking move your Scramble Pokemon know is greater than 504. After soloing Steelix while a Sandstorm is blowing, Blaze can even evolve into Typhlosion! However, Blaze hears that Ash's Cyndaqudl didn't make it to Typhlosion, and gets FURIOUS. He must immediately learn a move that Ash's Cyndaquil never learned, and cannot use any Fire moves unless Blaze is activated. Then, HE WILL LET LOOSE HIS ANGER AND RAMPAGE!!! NO SWITCHING OUT, UNLEASH YOU RAGE!!! RAWR!!!

Also, not a formal update, but I beat Brock in my Leafgreen challange after realizing all I had was a Caterpie and Pidgey. About to catch a Magikarp and need a nickname, anyone want to nickname it?
First, I love that challenge. RELEASE THE INNER FURY OF THE CYNDAQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!

Second, how the hell did you manage that? Name the Magikarp "Sadist".

Ok Mr.L. You want difficult? Let's go.

You get the incredibly powerful Hoppip called Brawler. He's such a feisty character that he simply cannot use any non damaging moves. He must never attack super effectively, as with his feisty attitude comes a rebellious side which compels him to disobey you to prove that he is boss. Because the Ratatta challenge requires you to solo all gym leaders, to evolve Brawler into Skiploom you must use Tackle to solo every Gym Trainer up to Morty (not leader!). To evolve into Jumpluff you must solo all of the Rocket Executives in the Radio tower... with only Grass- type moves. Remember, he must never have a non-attacking move.

Good luck with that...

Mr. L, you get General the Zubat. He needs to use Leech Life against every Pokemon you see. If you get rid of Leech Life you get rid of General. He evolves into Golbat by defeating Jasmine with Leech Life. Good Luck.

random thumb

@Mr.L: You get Too Easy the Wurmple. Its moveset must be purely physical, no matter what it evolves into. No Toxic, Double Team, or Attract allowed. It can evolve from Wurmple after Falkner and again after Whitney. Once it beats Jasmine, it can have one special move. When it beats the Elite Four, it can have another. Only when it beats Blaine down in Kanto can it have a fully special moveset.

Mr.L: Use I, the Guts-abusing Taillow. It can only use STAB moves, and cannot battle trainers unless statused (you can battle wild Pokémon while nonstatused in order to help it get statused; if there are none around, I suggest using HP and PP restoratives to heal rather than Poké Centres). It must also always hold Quick Claw. One exception: if a trainer owns a Magneton, you can instead hold a King's Rock (rather than a Quick Claw) when fighting that trainer, and don't have to be statused. (Anyone get the reference in this challenge, by the way?) It cannot evolve until it's flinched a Magneton to death (that is, every attack you made against the Magneton flinched it), without the help of any X Attacks.

Mr.L: Take Trollcat the Eevee. Trollcat must never use STAB moves and may only battle when it is over 50% HP. Roll a die to decide its fate:

1-Vaporeon. Vaporeon is a troll in more ways than one, and must beat Surge using only Aurora Beam, and Erika using only Bite.

2-Jolteon. Jolteon is a speed troll and can only battle opponents that are higher than half its base speed(unless it is in a trainer battle). It must beat Pryce using only Tackle and Sand Attack.

3-Flareon. Flareon is annoyed that it is the subject of trolling by Troll Freak, and must have the move Fire Fang(this is the only exception to the non-STAB rule). It must have an all-physical moveset, and beat Clair with just Fire Fang.

4-Espeon. Espeon thinks it has Magic Bounce and thus must OHKO 20 Pokemon capable of using a move that is reflected by Magic Bounce, and their levels must be at most 4 lower than Espeon.
5-Umbreon. Umbreon is the world's greatest troll who thinks he can tank every single fucking attack in the world. He must solo Lance without going below half health at any point. And the rematch too.

6-NO EVOLVING. Eevee decides that not evolving is the best troll action ever, and to prove itself to be the greatest troll in the world it must beat Chuck Norris in 7 moves exactly.

Oh wow, I love the creativity of all these challenges =D

@Auramaster: any restrictions on egg moves? If not, then it might be a lil easier.

@Brawler: you mean struggle? Tackling all ghosts seems impossible, especially with the foul language in that gym killing my pokemon.

@Prie: i hope there's a lot of Ethers xD and i get a good amount of potions xD (Or just hope the rng doesn't pick this =P)

@n00b: When you mean all physical, does that include status moves (other than the obvious banned ones)?

@callforjudgement: What if i OHKO the magneton?

@IceBeam: Love it.

Will edit all the above challenges into my challenge post.

Mr.L, you get a Spheal! This particular Spheal is known by Spheals throughout the world as the roundest Spheal that ever did live. He's especially proud of his signature move, Ice Ball. His shining moment comes in the Cianwood Gym, as he solos Chuck with only his Defense Curl + Ice Ball combination. But not long after this fight, something odd happens! Spheal evolves into Sealeo! Now he's undoubtedly more powerful, but his Ice Ball is not anywhere near as spectacular as it was when he was a Spheal because he isn't as round, so he chooses to dump it for a different Ice-type move. Now, in search of a combination to use more effectively than his Ice Ball now is, he comes across a particular website called Smogon and a certain Pokemon known sometimes as Stallrein. He is inspired and decides to learn both Hail and Toxic (if you can't get a hold of a Toxic TM, make this Rest instead). From this point on, whenever he encounters a Pokemon with a level that his level is a multiple of (for instance, if he's level 42 and the opponent is level 14, or if the levels are the same), he must defeat that Pokemon using indirect damage only. When you reach the Elite Four, he must OHKO at least one Pokemon of each E4 member or he cannot be healed before or during the next battle.

Recap: (in a minute, let me look it over real quick)
-Solo Chuck with Defense Curl + Ice Ball to evolve into Sealeo
-Forget Ice Ball for another Ice move ASAP after evolving, cannot use Ice Ball after evolution.
-Learn Hail and Toxic ASAP (Rest if Toxic is unavailable - I think you may have to trade the TM in from another game since it's only available at the Frontier from what I can see)
-Must kill any Pokemon with a level that is a factor of his current level using only indirect damage (that is, Hail and poison damage)
-OHKO one Poke from each E4 member. If he fails to do that in any particular battle, can't be healed until the next battle ends.
-No restrictions to evolve into Walrein
-Name him Henderson!. Just because I can.

Lol, funny challenge, Ruwisc =) if anything, you need to make it harder =P

and I can trade with a friend, he'll give me toxic (if i do this challenge).

Mr.L: Use I, the Guts-abusing Taillow. It can only use STAB moves, and cannot battle trainers unless statused (you can battle wild Pokémon while nonstatused in order to help it get statused; if there are none around, I suggest using HP and PP restoratives to heal rather than Poké Centres). It must also always hold Quick Claw. One exception: if a trainer owns a Magneton, you can instead hold a King's Rock (rather than a Quick Claw) when fighting that trainer, and don't have to be statused. (Anyone get the reference in this challenge, by the way?) It cannot evolve until it's flinched a Magneton to death (that is, every attack you made against the Magneton flinched it), without the help of any X Attacks.
This was needed in the TAS of Pokemon Ruby Version. Every single detail.

L gets the Pokemon in his avatar: Xatu! Nicknamed "Luigi", this Psychic bird thinks it's in a different video game, one where he has to fend off ghosts from a new mansion he's inherited. (If you don't get the reference, you suck.) Therefore, as Natu, he must solo EVERY Ghost-type you run into, including those in the Ecruteak Gym (Make an exception for Morty if you get Zen, since apparently that stupid Ratatta has to solo him). Here's the catch: he can't use Psychic-type moves, AND if he takes ANY damage at all from a Ghost, he must switch out at once. If that happens, you have two options: 1) assume Luigi is scared so badly he will never use STAB moves again, or 2) assume he has permanently been corrupted by the influence of the Ghosts and never allow him to evolve for fear of spreading the corruption. If somehow Luigi manages to survive the Gym unscathed, he may evolve so long as he immediately forgets every move he knows in favor of new moves. (He may relearn ONE move later on, if you wish.)

Good luck. Trust me, you'll need it.

L gets the Pokemon in his avatar: Xatu! Nicknamed "Luigi", this Psychic bird thinks it's in a different video game, one where he has to fend off ghosts from a new mansion he's inherited. (If you don't get the reference, you suck.) Therefore, as Natu, he must solo EVERY Ghost-type you run into, including those in the Ecruteak Gym (Make an exception for Morty if you get Zen, since apparently that stupid Ratatta has to solo him). Here's the catch: he can't use Psychic-type moves, AND if he takes ANY damage at all from a Ghost, he must switch out at once. If that happens, you have two options: 1) assume Luigi is scared so badly he will never use STAB moves again, or 2) assume he has permanently been corrupted by the influence of the Ghosts and never allow him to evolve for fear of spreading the corruption. If somehow Luigi manages to survive the Gym unscathed, he may evolve so long as he immediately forgets every move he knows in favor of new moves. (He may relearn ONE move later on, if you wish.)

Good luck. Trust me, you'll need it.
Lol, that's a cute challenge xD and as this is a solo challenge, should i take this on, it'd have to solo morty xD

If anything, the restrictions end too early. Maybe add something on for the other ones I'ma smoke, like Chuck, Koga, and Jasmine? Almost seems too easy.

thank goodness I know Natu's egg moves like the back of my hand, so i think i could manage xD I almost hope i get this challenge!

L gets a Pikachu with its Light Ball. Must solo every gym trainer up to and including Morty with Thundershock (or Thunderbolt once you learn it in favor of T-shock) alone. Grass Knot must be bred onto it, and it must use Grass Knot alone against any Ground type it sees, including Garchomp during the league rematch. It must solo Clair using Iron Tail alone, with the exception of her Kingdra, whom it must solo with Thunderbolt alone. During the fight against the Kimono Girls, it must solo Jolteon with just Quick Attack. Its final move set must be Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Iron Tail.

Lol, you really want me to go there? Okay then.

Having either succeeded in clearing the Ecruteak Gym of Ghosts or getting spooked/corrupted trying, Luigi realizes he's not in the game he thought; unfortunately, he now believes he's in a fighting game with several of Nintendo's most popular characters. (Please tell me you at least got that one.) So, noticing that the Cianwood Gym is Fighting-type, he must solo the entire gym to buff his fighting skills. (Any restriction gained in Ecruteak still applies.) If at any point he faints, he gets depressed and refuses to battle another gym trainer until he gains a level fighting wild Pokemon. After soloing the gym (again omitting Chuck if you get that trollish Rattatatata), Luigi finally realizes he's a Pokemon, not a tall, thin, mustachioed plumber with a green fetish. From that point on, he resolves to utilize his capabilities to the fullest, using every move he knows at least once in every Trainer battle he appears in. If he is lower than level 45 by the time you reach Indigo Plateau, you must drop everything and train him until he reaches 50. Yes, level 50. Not 49, not 51, 50 exactly. At that point only may you challenge the Elite Four. (Note that gaining a level against the E4 is okay.)

How's that for extensive?

Batter update this scramble before I forget everything I've done.
Defeated Wattson BARELY, took a revive to do it, as the only pokemon I had that could touch steel types was Makuhita. Put Illumise in Day Care, as I really have no way to level it up. Cleared the cave for Wally's Family. Got the Attract TM and taught it to Setsuna. Did the second Trick Room. Went north, defeated the Winstons and took a fire attack. Defeated a cool trainer and took two more fire attacks. Got to Fallarbor, got the Dig TM and taught it to Grovyle. Caught my Swablu. Met Team Magma at Meteor Falls, then went to deal with them at Mt. Chimney. Soloed Tabitha with Grovyle. Defeated Maxie with some difficulty. Went to Lavaridge gym. Took 2 more fire attacks. Left, went back to Day Care, picked up Apology, left Threety. Now I'm going to grind so I don't get killed by Flannery.

Valor the Grovyle, Level 32
Dig
Leaf Blade
Rock Smash
Quick Attack

Training as much as possible, so he's a few levels ahead of everyone else. Only pokemon I could get to use Rock Smash.

Setsuna the Kirlia @ Level 27
Psychic
Calm Mind
Attract
Double Team

It's only got one attack, and not the one it's supposed to have. Still pretty useful.

Chum-Li the Makuhita @ Level 26
Vital Throw
Fake Out
Arm Thrust
Rock Tomb

Pretty good at avoiding damage, so I don't have to use too may potions. I cn't wait to evolve him.

Threety the Swablu @ Level 23
Peck
Astonish
Sing
Growl (Can't be used)

Hoenn Pokemon killed: 0. Man this thing is annoying. I need to level it up so it's the third lowest pokemon, but I can hardly fight anything with it. The moveset thing hasn't been too much of a problem yet.

Apology the Illumise @ Level 22
Wish
Moonlight
Charm
Quick Attack

Just picked her back up, but can't use her until I defeat Flannery.

I got black today,and I Think Im Missing one pokemon.

Mini Update.
Did not Solo the 5th Gym.
Im currently at Celestic Town.
Team:

WishyWashy The Lvl 33 Girafarig (requirement Complete)
Potassium The Lvl 38 Torterra
DataMiner The Lvl 38 Porygon
Orphan The Lvl 25 Gallade
Smartass The Lvl 22 Kadabra

Lol, funny challenge, Ruwisc =) if anything, you need to make it harder =P

and I can trade with a friend, he'll give me toxic (if i do this challenge).

Make it harder, eh? You asked for it... one sec.

You get a Spheal! This particular Spheal is known by Spheals throughout the world as the roundest Spheal that ever did live. He's especially proud of his signature move, Ice Ball. His big debut comes in the Cianwood Gym, as he solos Chuck with only his Defense Curl + Ice Ball combination after having not used either move in any previous Gym Leader battle. But not long after this fight, something odd happens! Spheal evolves into Sealeo! Now he's undoubtedly more powerful, but his Ice Ball is not anywhere near as spectacular as it was when he was a Spheal because he isn't as round, so he chooses to dump it. Now, in search of a combination to use more effectively than his Ice Ball, he comes across a particular website called Smogon and a certain Pokemon known sometimes as Stallrein. He is inspired and decides to learn both Hail and Toxic. From this point on, if he has an even level, he may only directly attack Pokemon with odd-numbered levels and vice versa - if his and the opponent's level are both even or both odd, you may only damage the opponent indirectly. When you reach the Elite Four, he must OHKO at least one Pokemon of each E4 member or he cannot be healed before or during the next battle. He may not learn Blizzard, and must attempt to Toxic every steel-type he faces at least once.

Recap:
-May not use Defense Curl or Ice Ball against first four Gym Leaders, but...
-Beat Chuck with only Defense Curl + Ice Ball to evolve into Sealeo.
-Forget Ice Ball ASAP after evolving, cannot use Ice Ball after evolution.
-Learn Hail and Toxic ASAP afterwards.
-If the sum of his and the opponent's levels is even, he cannot attack directly. If the sum is odd, go ahead and fire away.
-OHKO one Poke from each E4 member. If he fails to do that in any particular battle, can't be healed until the next battle ends.
-Evolve into Walrein after beating Clair.
-Use Toxic at least once on every Steel-type you face.
-Cannot learn Blizzard.
-Name him Henderson!. Just because I can.

How's that? I didn't go the ridiculous route, but it's definitely tougher.

Hey all, and welcome too... *DRUM ROLL* MY FIRST UPDATE!!!

The pokemon:

A Piplup named SlotSyn that must solo at least one trainer in each Gym, as well as soloing one Pokemon from each E4 member/champ. However, its moveset must change in some way between each of these battles, and it can't learn any HMs. (Yoshiken)

A Bidoof named Slave that must learn Cut and Rock Smash ASAP, and must know Frustration. In battle he can use only one of the HMs, Frustration, and a forth move. He can't evolve before knowing those moves and solo one Gym Leader Pokemon.
After he evolves, Frustration must be replaced by Return, and the HMs may be deleted. (Zapi)

A fossil: If Cranidos, name Tank and it must have the following moveset by the E4: Offensive move not exceeding 70 BP, Stealth Rock, Toxic, and Substitute, and he must survive 10 turns against the E4's Hippowdon.
If Shieldon, name Sweeper, and it must have the following moveset by the E4: 3 offensive moves exceeding 70 BP and Rock Polish, and it must solo the E4's Rapidash or Alakazam. (TM13IceBeam)

An Electabuzz named OU that may only use super effective move unless he is the last Pokemon in my party. (auramaster)

A Budew named BassAck. When he evolves to Roselia, I must discard a Shiny Stone, Otherwise he can't evolve. After evolving, he must always hold the Soothe Bell. He may not use Special Grass moves or Physical Poison moves. (Youch.) (Ruwisc)

A Wormple named Too Easy that must have only Physical moves and Other moves, other than Toxic (Youch), Double Team or Attract. If he solos Gardenia, he may have one Special move; another one if he solos Byron. (Youch Youch Youch!) (Newby n0Ob)

The Advanture so far:
Okay, first, I chose the boy protagonist and called myself Todris (Duh). After all the starting shit, I chose Piplup for my starter. My rival, Barry, then challenged me for a battle, in which I failed epicly because of Turtwig's stupid Withdraw >_< I moved toward Sandgem Town, running away from Pokemon. At the lab, I got the Pokedex and named my Piplup SlotSyn, as I had to. I also checked his Nature, and discovered that he's Bold >_<; I went back to Twinleaf, got the Running Shoes, and then dawn teached me how to catch Pokemon (Yeah, thank you very much), and gave me 5 PokeBalls. I then captured Bidoof, named him Slave, and trained him to Lv. 5. I found out that he's Brave, which is pretty good. Continued to Jubilife, met Dawn and then Looker. Went to the the Trainers' School, delivered Barry the parcel, and he gave me a Town Map. Went out, talked to the Clowns, and got the Poketch. Went up to Route 204, caught Budew, named BassAck. His nature is Hardy, which is okay. Then I decided to take a break. Goodbye, until next time!

Current team:

Piplup (SlotSyn) @ ---
Bold, Lv. 7
-Pound
-Growl

Bidoof (Slave) @ ---
Brave, Lv. 7
-Tackle
-Growl

Lame sprite, huh?
Budew (BassAck) @ ---
Hardy, Lv. 5
-Absorb
-Growth

That's all for now, see yah next time!

@ruwisc: now that's a challenge xD

Also, i think i have a misunderstanding of what's called a solo scramble. can someone enlighten me on what that means?

EDIT: While we're on the subject of explaining stuff, could someone explain to me how to get on an IRC channel? I've tried 3 times before to no avail, would love some help.

As for the IRC, if you've got a chat client/use Mibbit, it's just a case of selecting SynIRC as the server, connecting to it and then typing /join #scramble (or putting #scramble in the channels before connecting with Mibbit)
:)

A solo Scramble is a Scramble where you only use 1 Pokemon throughout the game.

If you're using Xchat, mIRC, or Colloquy (Whatever that is) to get on IRC, Smogon has some very helpful instructions on the site; if you're using something else like Mibbit, try PMing a mod and asking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)