VGC 2011 rules up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case someone hasn't heard, the B/W official release date is March 6. Sooner than I thought.

So I suppose we get 2 and a bit months to play. Not too bad.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
**coughbeenplayingsinceseptemberrngingsincenovembercoughcough**

HUY EDIT:

IT SAYS

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DARN YOU MATTJ AND YOUR WHITE TEXT THAT I CAN'T SEE ON MY DROID. (But can now that it's in quote tags hehe)

And March 6 release date is great, I'll have lots of time to get my team ready.

I've already started breeding in Black. They have no problem with using pokemon from a Japanese game, right? >.>

I just see no reason why I shouldn't get started now and mess around a bit. It sucks that we can't use PBR, since testing was actually pretty successful on there. I got a lot of japanese VGC players after 10pm.

JRank

Jonny
I've already started breeding in Black. They have no problem with using pokemon from a Japanese game, right? >.>

I just see no reason why I shouldn't get started now and mess around a bit. It sucks that we can't use PBR, since testing was actually pretty successful on there. I got a lot of japanese VGC players after 10pm.
They don't mind if you use Japanese Pokemon, I used a Japanese Kyogre last year at Dallas.

Lol, are you kidding? You've got tons of options. Also no Stealth Rock shenanigans for the most part. I'm seriously liking this new metagame. Team Preview too. Finally something fresh and non-centralized.
That was HolyChipmunks sarcasm, the eh I'm going anyways pretty much showed me that. Also are you insane, SR shenanigans? Who would use SR in 4v4 doubles. Team Preview, and Tailwind are pretty much the only fresh things, and the VGC metagame is always centralized.

JRank

Jonny
Lol, are you kidding? You've got tons of options. Also no Stealth Rock shenanigans for the most part. I'm seriously liking this new metagame. Team Preview too. Finally something fresh and non-centralized.
*facepalm*

Dude, play some VGC before you post. For one "no SR for THE MOST PART," dude, NO ONE in their right mind would use SR in VGC. And non-centralized? What the heck. Just look at last year's metagame and tell me it wasn't centralized. With only 75 (fully evolved) pokemon to work with, it's going to be more centralized than ever.

breh

強いだね
out of curiosity, is there any obscure (if any) use for entry hazards in doubles?

could be used with Leech Seed... uhh Flame Burst?

is there any Phazing move other than that taht's decent? Perish song isn't available at all unfotunately..

out of curiosity, is there any obscure (if any) use for entry hazards in doubles?

is there any Phazing move other than that taht's decent? Perish song isn't available at all unfotunately..
If you're taking that approach, the best thing to look at is almost certainly Dragon Tail, but I can't see it working well due to being ST in doubles and having the negative priority. I mean, it's possible to work, but I can't see it being viable in the long-run.

JRank

Jonny

If you're taking that approach, the best thing to look at is almost certainly Dragon Tail, but I can't see it working well due to being ST in doubles and having the negative priority. I mean, it's possible to work, but I can't see it being viable in the long-run.
Dragon Tail probably wouldn't work too well because of how quickly it gets down to just two pokemon, rendering it ineffective.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

While there are most certainly uses for entry hazards, you have to keep in mind that most VGC battles end in about 5 turns and there isn't much switching done. The best you can do is maybe force a switch with Encore.

And Dragon Tail is sort of a neat Trick Room counter. Hit them before they Trick Room, force them to switch one of their slow mons in and preventing them from setting up Trick Room. It's kinda like how Roar was used in 09 and 10, but a little bit cooler because you don't have to worry about taunt.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
F*** using only Isshu pokemon. This is the reason I never bother doing any VGC tournaments. The rules are just ridiculous. Smogon's where it's at!!

JRank

Jonny
F*** using only Isshu pokemon. This is the reason I never bother doing any VGC tournaments. The rules are just ridiculous. Smogon's where it's at!!
Actually, I think it's pretty fun, don't come in here and bash a playstyle, I don't go to UT and say OU is ridiculous. There was no need to post that. And should I remind you that without Nintendo and their "ridiculous" rules, you wouldn't have Pokemon, and thus no Smogon.

tl;dr-shut up and stop spamming

Actually, I think it's pretty fun, don't come in here and bash a playstyle, I don't go to UT and say OU is ridiculous. There was no need to post that. And should I remind you that without Nintendo and their "ridiculous" rules, you wouldn't have Pokemon, and thus no Smogon.

tl;dr-shut up and stop spamming
They arent even spamming, where did you get that from? this thread is telling us the rules; they can voice their opinion on it. dont be so rude.

Have you tried playing it??

The rules are there to stay no matter what anyone thinks of it.
they didnt say ANYTHING about even changing the rules.

and to be honest i think these rules are a little ridiculous. cutting off 4 generations of pokemon from an official tournament isnt something that you should expect people to get used to immediately.

viperGTS
Already it would probably be adding at least two generations worth of pokemon if you included previous generation's pokemon due to the dream world. By the end they will probably add nearly three generations or even all four of the previous generations to the DW, would that be productive in any way, adding five generations over the course of half a year? That would be much more counter productive. Also it is easier to get used to the new pokemon than all of the old pokemon and then add the new pokemon, it required more innovation making it easier for all of us who are serious about the VGC and gives a base for whatever the next VGC brings, and even more than that, it keeps the VGC fresh.

viperGTS
Already it would probably be adding at least two generations worth of pokemon if you included previous generation's pokemon due to the dream world. By the end they will probably add nearly three generations or even all four of the previous generations to the DW, would that be productive in any way, adding five generations over the course of half a year? That would be much more counter productive. Also it is easier to get used to the new pokemon than all of the old pokemon and then add the new pokemon, it required more innovation making it easier for all of us who are serious about the VGC and gives a base for whatever the next VGC brings, and even more than that, it keeps the VGC fresh.
what are you talking about? i NEVER said they should add a generation as the tourney went on?

No, the point is that, given the Dream World abilities that have been released and the new movesets, you're looking at several Generations worth of 'new' Pokemon already. By the time the tournament rolls round, you'll be looking at a few more. This way, they're giving people a chance to learn Gen5 Pokemon before bringing in the (updated) older generations (hopefully) in VGC'12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)