Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

Cache of Concepts Submitted!

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I recently talked to one of the very talented artists who participates in the CAP project here and he agreed to allow us to use his unselected CAP concepts drawings as concepts for our own creatures here.

His name is pkmn-taicho321 and his work is really pretty awesome. This is a great opportunity for us. I will post the link to his thread below where you can find his concepts.

If you love spriting and are sick of trying to come up with your own concepts for creatures then feel free to take a crack @ some of these!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54276

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I recently talked to one of the very talented artists who participates in the CAP project here and he agreed to allow us to use his unselected CAP concepts drawings as concepts for our own creatures here.

His name is pkmn-taicho321 and his work is really pretty awesome. This is a great opportunity for us. I will post the link to his thread below where you can find his concepts.

If you love spriting and are sick of trying to come up with your own concepts for creatures then feel free to take a crack @ some of these!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54276
Sounds good to me! I'll take a crack at his CAP 8 design myself. +)

Sounds good to me! I'll take a crack at his CAP 8 design myself. +)
Sounds good Jeremy! I would suggest going for more the first version's pose on that one. Can't wait to see it!

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an idea that I want to run past you guys to see what you think...

What if we turned this whole ordeal into more of a CAP like process, though much more condensed? Like every week I would present a concept, i.e. Electric Yak, or maybe even just a type and everyone works that week on their sprite and then @ the end of the week our team here will judge and pick the best one? You could of course work on other concepts on the side too but this would help create some competition and a reason for people to actually participate...

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

This is what I have so far for the electric cheetah.

I plan on adding some kind of texture and reshading.
If anyone would like to work with this of even finish the project, please be my guest.

CONCEPT COMPETITION WEEK 1 - DUE 5/29/2010

Okay everyone!!!!

This is the first of many weekly sprite competitions so let me lay out what we are doing!

I am going to give one concrete concept (i.e. Electric Yak) and then I am going to provide one type to do a concept in (i.e. Water) and then I am going to leave one just completely open for you to work on what ever you like.

Throughout the week everyone can feel free to post their ideas and works in progress to get feedback from myself and the others who visit this thread. (Keep comments constructive please, lol)

At the end of the week (lets try Saturday to Saturday for now) everyone should post their sprites in PNG format and they will be reviewed over the weekend. New assignments will be posted sometime on Friday to allow everyone a full week to work on their sprites.

If you have time please try to do the juvenile and adult sprites for each concept you submit. If you run out of time then at least try to get the adult concepts sprited and you can work on the baby version later. It would be best to try and get them all done in the given time frame though.

This is what we are going to try for this first week and we will see how it goes. Changes may be made in coming weeks if they need to be.

Here are the concepts for this week!!!
>>> Fire Warthog
>>> Water
>>> Open to your discretion (Either choose a concept from the list @ the beginning of the thread or make one up)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS!!!!

hey, how do you like this concept? the colors can be changed. it could be poison or earth...mayne even fire depending on the colors...

hey, how do you like this concept? the colors can be changed. it could be poison or earth...mayne even fire depending on the colors...

Did you draw this? Its pretty cool!

We do not have a poison type but this could work well as an Earth type with some slight changes!

Planning on this for your open concept submission for this week?

sure... I was planning on spriting it anyways... would you want this to be the evo or the baby?

and yes, i did draw it...with a tablet! any ways, maybe it'd be better as a fire type creature? it IS a bombardier beetle after all...

sure... I was planning on spriting it anyways... would you want this to be the evo or the baby?

and yes, i did draw it...with a tablet! any ways, maybe it'd be better as a fire type creature? it IS a bombardier beetle after all...
I think it could work as an Adult version unless you have an even more epic version in mind that would work better.

Whatever type you want to make it works. Its your creation.

NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone asked that I add all the sprites to one of the original posts so I quickly and sloppyly threw together a chart with them all. Its in post #2 which can be found on page 1 or below:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2577723&postcount=2

When the game is finished will our real names be used or our usernames in the credits?

I suppose that is up to you. I had intended to post everyone's real names but if people are not comfortable with that then we can post their usernames.

If you do not want to reveal your name to everyone here you can send it to our email address @ studio534@yahoo.com

That's good to know.
Here are your fluffy, fluffy wolves:
I was wondering who would finally tackle the Ice Wolves! lol. They look good!

The only issue I can really see with it is that it bears a similarity with Mightyena with the fact that it is two toned and it has a darker more furry back...

Are these your submission for the open concept category of this week's contest?

...Y'know those roosters I submitted that were anatomically incorrect?

...I edited them so their glaringly physics-defying legs were replaced with more realistic ones. Also edited the wings on the adult.

Baby is the lower one, of course.

Any other anatomical errors that you think would be bad for it?

I was wondering who would finally tackle the Ice Wolves! lol. They look good!

The only issue I can really see with it is that it bears a similarity with Mightyena with the fact that it is two toned and it has a darker more furry back...

Are these your submission for the open concept category of this week's contest?
What contest?
Fixed:

Sprite Modifications

Hey everyone! I wanted to address an issue I have come across recently concerning credit for the game.

As was mentioned earlier we would like to credit all contributing artists by their real names in the credits of the game. This not only adds a sense of professionalism on our behalf in the eyes of the viewer (more so than a list of usernames at least) and it allows those of you who might want to put this on your resumes or brag to your friends about it to back up that claim. We understand not everyone wants to reveal their identities to the whole community so they can feel free to email us @ studio534@yahoo.com with that information (please include the sprites you worked on as an attachment so we know that we should actually be crediting you).

ALSO!

A couple people have viewed the sprite catalog, we have compiled with all the sprites made thus far, and noticed that a couple of the sprites have been altered from the way they looked when they were submitted. I want to make it clear that credit WILL absolutely still be given to the original artist and that any alterations we might make is in no way meant as an insult to that artist. We reserve the right to make changes to any and all sprites submitted so that they better fit what we are looking for. Generally this ends up only being a change in color palette or the addition of some details; minor things that would be a waste of the original artists time. This is done in the QC stage of every sprite.

I hope that clears everything up! If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)